PDA

View Full Version : slam my mitsu?!!! :)

lancerxoz
03-07-2007, 02:16 PM
sooooo, looking to lower my 03 oz rally.. any ideas on the cheapest / best way to do it? coil overs are wayyy outta price range here .. someone HELP ?!!!!?? :thumbup:
jessica*

Broken5hift
03-07-2007, 02:18 PM
eibachs are pretty cheap

CHAOS
03-07-2007, 02:19 PM
eibachs

whitezenki
03-07-2007, 02:48 PM
eibachs to lower it, but slamming and cheap dont go together safely.... i say save some money an get coils, do it right the first time

TrboChicsRock
03-07-2007, 02:57 PM
i say save some money an get coils, do it right the first time

:iagree:

If you go the cheap way you're going to be sacrificing ride quality. Do it right or just don't do it at all.

TROLL
03-07-2007, 03:03 PM
coilovers arent a good solution for many people. if they arent set up properly they could handle worse than stock, be rougher than stock, and they can blow out just as easily as stock struts. i think i am more suspension performance minded than the average, and i totally admit that my coilovers are unnecessary when there are quality spring / strut combos out there. just because they are more expensive doesn't mean they are better [for you]. whats best for a race car is not whats best for a street car.
its pretty much exactly like getting a full standalone system for your car and never taking it to a tuner. getting a reflash instead would be cheaper and would perform better.

aaaaanyway... i say get some quality springs that are made to still work well with your stock struts, and call it a day.

whitezenki
03-07-2007, 03:13 PM
springs are good when u want an inch or two lower, but they lack the adjustibility of coils which i wanted so badly. Even my first set of HKS coils lacked the adjustibility i wanted. In terms of slamming most ppl either a)cut their spring, b) use those ebay coil things, c)coilovers. out of those ideas, coils are the safest and most reliable.

All that being said, without the proper alignment and what not, Troll is right, you will still be wasting your money. I have driven with my latest coils for about 30 miles, and while i do like the ride improvement over stock, i know i need a alignment and what not, i just havent had the time, and since i dont drive it but once a month, im in no rush. Even springs will need an alignment to work their best, but if your just doing everyday street driving, and dont want a big sacrifice in ride quality, they are your best choice.

TROLL
03-07-2007, 03:16 PM
yeah an alignment is just about the best 'suspension mod' you can do, IMO. even if you havent touched your suspension, factory alignments are poo for performance, so adding a touch of negative camber really makes a difference.
with coilovers, they go beyond a simple alignment. the dampening should be tuned and they should be corner balanced, which 99% of coilover owners (including myself) don't do.
i guess we're not really talking about performance here as much as looks though... but figured i'd keep yapping anyway.
decent springs, stock struts, dont 'slam' it, just lower it a bit... it'll look good and stay simple and cheap.

lancerxoz
03-07-2007, 03:27 PM
yeahhh, im really lookin to lower it 1-2" ... not necessarily "slam" it.. sorry, wrong word choice :) soooo, how do you feel when it comes to Tein vs. Eibach ... ??? I'm going for looks, not performance.. as you know, if i wanted performance i woulda bought an evo, not an OZ :)

whitezenki
03-07-2007, 03:37 PM
id take eibach, but tahts b/c in the nissan world tein has a tendency to over price their products b/c of the name, without really perfroming up to par

ToTheIX's
03-07-2007, 03:50 PM
yeahhh, im really lookin to lower it 1-2" ... not necessarily "slam" it.. sorry, wrong word choice :) soooo, how do you feel when it comes to Tein vs. Eibach ... ??? I'm going for looks, not performance.. as you know, if i wanted performance i woulda bought an evo, not an OZ :)

you can pick up a set of either springs for reasonably cheap, i dont have any personal experience with either but theres prob quite a few people on here with each

lancerxoz
03-07-2007, 03:53 PM
:wink: it would be even nicer if i had a white evo.. cough cough :wink:

Broken5hift
03-07-2007, 03:56 PM

eibachs are just quality parts IMO. for the price they just cant be beat. tein is ****. its just JDM marketing madness that gets them to sell. pfffffffft.

MissDSM
03-07-2007, 04:36 PM
I had tokico's on the A-cord, I liked them, but i'll end up getting tokico struts and eibach springs on the dsm. I don't know much about eibachs, so someone else that knows can tell her the difference between eibach sportlines and the pro kit. For dsm's the sports lower it I think around 2 inches and the pro's lower it like less than an inch and a half. Might be different for lancers, but idk.

Keep in mind she wants to lower it for the look, moreso than performance as in handling and ****. Obviously she wants it to handle well but she isnt going to try and autocross it or anything.

jdm free
03-07-2007, 05:41 PM
i wouldnt go with teins because there is a great chance of them being fake depending on where you buy them, get h&r or eibach, imo i think either of those companies are the best springs u can buy, i have h&r on my car and eibachs on my dads mustang

ToTheIX's
03-07-2007, 05:49 PM
:wink: it would be even nicer if i had a white evo.. cough cough :wink:

cant help you there, you could sit in it and have someone take a picture......

MissDSM
03-07-2007, 11:54 PM
****ing tease lolol

ToTheIX's
03-07-2007, 11:58 PM
hahaha...how so

MissDSM
03-08-2007, 12:14 AM
By letting her sit in it, psh. What is that gonne do? lol. Now driving it, thats a different story.

ToTheIX's
03-08-2007, 12:17 AM
hmmm, a ride in it would be ok, driving it would take yrs of convincing or atleast 8 hrs of drinking

MissDSM
03-08-2007, 12:23 AM
lolol, 8 hours? What if we get you drunk in like 1? Haha, getting you drunk would be too much work for me though, seeing that Jess is the one that would drive it. Actually no, scratch that, we'll get you drunk then both drive it lol.

Turbo_CitrusEs
03-08-2007, 12:56 AM
As much as I dont care for them just because of their im better then everyone attitude. You should check out www.roadracemotorsports.com