PDA

View Full Version : March Photo Contest - "Lights"

vwcorradokid
03-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Source: All entries must have been exposed with a digital camera. Any other type of image is unacceptable.
File Format: JPEG (.jpg/.jpeg)
Image Dimensions: No dimension may be smaller than 500 pixels or larger than 900 pixels
Exposure Date: All entries must have been taken during the contest submission dates.
Rules:
Theme: "Lights"
- Your image must be emailed to me trobertson7@comcast.net on or before midnight 03/31/2007
- Your submission email should have the title of the image.
- Also, when you email your submission, make sure you include your TST username and your entry's title.
- Only one submission per user
- Your image must NOT contain any borders or signatures or anything to distinguish the photo as your own
- Photoshop is OK to use, see below for details.
- Please, with your email, send the name of the camera used also.
- DO NOT POST THESE PICTURES on the forum. See below.
- On April 1, 2007, I will take all the submissions and post them in a voting poll. Members will then be given the chance to vote. After the winner is chosen, the photographers will be named for their respective photos.

There may be no post-processing to add elements from another unrelated image. This includes (but is not limited to) the subject, supporting objects, and the background. You must compose the elements of your photograph before exposure. Do not use image editing software to create or alter the overall scene.

Voting:
Voting will take place after the submission deadline and before the end of the voting deadline.

Everyone wants constructive criticism on their contest entries, so try to leave a comment whenever possible, especially when you feel that a photo deserves a below average rating.

S4toSTI
03-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Snore for the topic but whatever i will figure something cool out this time.

MuddyREX
03-04-2007, 12:20 AM
I'm going to give this a shot with my pos point and shoot....

TROLL
03-04-2007, 12:23 AM
its such a broad topic i dont see how you can snore at it... but then again, you are a certified professional complainer. get your thinking cap on, there are a million and one options, assuming 'light' is the theme and is open to any and all interpretation.
no idea what i'll plan to do yet but i'm sure i'll find something. hell, just getting anything submitted would be a step up for me.
thanks to tim for keeping this going :thumbup:
p.s. is it possible in the future to flush out about half of the fine print? seems somewhat excessive...

james_ls
03-04-2007, 02:29 AM
Almost TOO many rules.

Could easily cut that down.

I'm in this time!

jspek
03-04-2007, 04:15 AM
barry, if its the light bulb pic i vote ban lol.

vwcorradokid
03-05-2007, 09:38 AM
its such a broad topic i dont see how you can snore at it... but then again, you are a certified professional complainer. get your thinking cap on, there are a million and one options, assuming 'light' is the theme and is open to any and all interpretation.
no idea what i'll plan to do yet but i'm sure i'll find something. hell, just getting anything submitted would be a step up for me.
thanks to tim for keeping this going :thumbup:
p.s. is it possible in the future to flush out about half of the fine print? seems somewhat excessive...

April's Rules:
RULE 1: Send me a picture.
RULE 2: See Rule 1.

haha

sisforsurfing
03-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Yeah, thanks for keeping this up. If you'd like to participate next month let me know, I could take charge for April.

Interesting topic, I'll try to find some time over Spring Break to actually set something up.

vwcorradokid
03-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Yeah, thanks for keeping this up. If you'd like to participate next month let me know, I could take charge for April.

Interesting topic, I'll try to find some time over Spring Break to actually set something up.

I've just been lazy and in "sports mode" lately...I've been shooting a lot of roller hockey games and not much other stuff. I'll probably drum something up for this contest. We'll see how I do with the new equipment.

S4toSTI
03-05-2007, 04:04 PM
barry, if its the light bulb pic i vote ban lol.

Thats what i am gonna do.

ibepressin
03-07-2007, 11:39 AM
So the topic is lighting, not lights. Just to be clear it does not have to be the source of light in the shot?

Snoozie
03-07-2007, 11:54 AM
I think its lights in general. It seems to be a very broad subject that you can interpret anyway you like. :)

dt98gsr
03-07-2007, 12:13 PM
I think its lights in general. It seems to be a very broad subject that you can interpret anyway you like. :)

^^^Thats what I was thinking.

I'm not exactly sure what I am gonna do yet but hopefully it will start to get a little warmer around here.

And thanks for keeping this the contest going!

vwcorradokid
03-07-2007, 02:08 PM
So the topic is lighting, not lights. Just to be clear it does not have to be the source of light in the shot?
The source does not have to be in the shot.
Being broad seems to get more participation.
^^^Thats what I was thinking.

I'm not exactly sure what I am gonna do yet but hopefully it will start to get a little warmer around here.

And thanks for keeping this the contest going!

No problem, I am willing to relinquish my duties if someone else wants to run it.

If this is the case, please e-mail or PM me and let me know so I don't post the rules and theme for next month.

Snoozie
03-07-2007, 02:12 PM
The source does not have to be in the shot.

Being broad seems to get more participation.

No problem, I am willing to relinquish my duties if someone else wants to run it.

If this is the case, please e-mail or PM me and let me know so I don't post the rules and theme for next month.

Thats what I figured.

jspek
03-08-2007, 01:03 AM
ok no more worrying about my car, as long as it gets warm ill take my camera out finally and enter a contest haha.

95legenddriver
03-08-2007, 11:29 AM
i think i got sotmhing i can submit

vwcorradokid
03-08-2007, 12:39 PM
ok no more worrying about my car, as long as it gets warm ill take my camera out finally and enter a contest haha.

It's about damn time...slacker

Dave
03-10-2007, 01:57 PM
got mine in!

ibepressin
03-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Since taking photos is all about the capture of light on a given subject, this months contest is open to anything? Literally anything? Just to be clear. I don't want any "this doesn't fit the topic" quotes. :wink:

vwcorradokid
03-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Since taking photos is all about the capture of light on a given subject, this months contest is open to anything? Literally anything? Just to be clear. I don't want any "this doesn't fit the topic" quotes. :wink:

hahaha. It pretty much means to use light in a creative way. Whether it be a night photo with lights shining on a wall...something like this maybe:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b261/vwcorradokid/DSC_0198A.jpg
Just be creative...

Dave
03-29-2007, 04:30 PM
only a few days left to make a submission!

vwcorradokid
03-29-2007, 04:52 PM
only a few days left to make a submission!

Thanks, I was going to say that but didn't get a chance to today.

so yea...what Dave said!

95legenddriver
03-29-2007, 07:41 PM
i cant remember if i submited or not mmmmm

vwcorradokid
03-29-2007, 09:34 PM
i cant remember if i submited or not mmmmm

you did submit

sisforsurfing
03-29-2007, 09:44 PM
I have a few I took this month that I might be able to use... I'll admit I totally forgot about this! Hopefully I have the time to edit something.

95legenddriver
03-29-2007, 11:52 PM
you did submit

ahh thanks yea that was awhile ago!

Dave
04-01-2007, 07:05 AM
anxiously awaits the voting*