PDA

View Full Version : Good Exhaust Shop Around Morristown

su_maverick
02-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Ok, so my project is almost done and Im going to need someone to fab the exhaust from the headers to the catback thats on there right now. Is there any shop around Morristown NJ that can do this??

thanks.

rocco
02-27-2007, 07:37 PM
not familiar with morisstown but i sell exhaust to the shops in the tristate are whats near morristown? trenton? vineland? atlantic city? if you help me out im sure i can find someone

su_maverick
02-27-2007, 09:35 PM
this would have to be a shop that knows exhaust design and can make custom exhausts. Morristown is closest to Parsippany.

rocco
02-27-2007, 09:55 PM
sorry man cant really give you anyone good in the area but im sure someone could probally help you. i understand you want something good a great job maybe you can just use your intuition you know common sense. what exactly are you trying to have done? actually from what ive read you need a mid section thats easy man take it to meineke atleast your gauranteed a warranty on the tubing

su_maverick
02-28-2007, 08:46 AM
yeah, Im going to need piping from the headers to cats, then to a y-pipe, and then to the cat-back.

peteyturbo
02-28-2007, 10:57 AM
Hands down Mufflex outside of trenton..They will make you an awesome custom mandrel bent exhaust system..They are the best around..
http://www.mufflex-performance.com/

su_maverick
02-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Yeah, I hear great things about Mufflex but the problem will be getting the car down there.

rocco
02-28-2007, 10:12 PM
yeah thats why i told you to go to meineke around the corner from your house open exhaust isnt that loud it just isnt safe for the motor so if hearing is the issue get some plugs for your ears. meineke or mufflex are the same ****ing thing man. mufflex does hp and meineke is more geared to repairs in daily drivers. id rather go to mufflex but your talking about putting pipe in a bender and then welding it together so easy a cave man can do it. not to hate just trying to help. why is trenton our capital its friggin* disgusting?

JoshV70
02-28-2007, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I hear great things about Mufflex but the problem will be getting the car down there.

Yeah, so great, they wouldn't warranty or try to fix my downpipe which would completely loosen the nuts for the downpipe/turbo flange which resulted in a huge exhaust leak once every two weeks. They decided to blame it on engine mounts...installed all new engine mounts...same thing still happened. :screwy:

rocco
03-01-2007, 07:09 PM
just take it to meineke or something.

JoshV70
03-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Wherever you end up taking it, just look at the welds they have done on previous cars. If they look like a 5yr old crackbaby has done them, stay away.

SmokeyBandit
03-02-2007, 12:06 AM
Ok, so my project is almost done and Im going to need someone to fab the exhaust from the headers to the catback thats on there right now. Is there any shop around Morristown NJ that can do this??

thanks.

Have you tried calling Bruce's Speed Shop in Rockaway--- to see if they can recommend a shop?

na is best!
03-03-2007, 07:23 AM
MB RACING!!!!!! in north bergen

1badSS
03-03-2007, 08:16 PM
this would have to be a shop that knows exhaust design and can make custom exhausts. Morristown is closest to Parsippany.

ooo a ls1 rx7..that should be very nice :mrgreen:

su_maverick
03-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions. Will see whats local and call up Bruce's

ooo a ls1 rx7..that should be very nice :mrgreen:

Thanks, I have a thread up in the journal section of the site

Cheers!

2MCHPWR
03-09-2007, 04:25 PM
if you plan on under 3k miles per year, you can be exempt from emissions with collector car registration in NJ. no cats for me :)

su_maverick
03-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Well, my car is already emmissions exempt since I also live in central VA and have my car's registered there. No emissions for me but I also kind of want to have the cats for that annoying 'tree hugger' side of me. I dont know, time will tell which setup I go with. I might just get resonators to keep some of the sound down.

2MCHPWR
03-09-2007, 05:34 PM
yeah i have no cats but i have two mufflers and its still loud. but i'm old :)