PDA

View Full Version : DC5 (K20Z1) Hondata Reflash

dt98gsr
02-19-2007, 11:14 AM
I am currently in the market for a '05-'06 RSX Type S and I have been doing some research on the Hondata reflash.

Most likely I will just be doing CAI, shorty header w/ cat (not a race header), and a catback exhaust. And I was thinking that the Hondata reflash along with a Hondata heatshield gasket would compliment these mods well.

I was just wondering what you guys normally charge for the reflash? Is it pretty much the same price regardless of where you go because you have to send the send your ECU, immobilizer, and key back to Hondata for them to do the reflash?

Thanks for any help in advance.

-Dave

dt98gsr
02-20-2007, 12:43 AM
Any info guys?

james_ls
02-20-2007, 02:00 AM
Give them a call dude.

The individual vendor forums aren't the busiest places on TST.

AMF Racing
02-20-2007, 02:04 AM
99% of the time it's the same price most places. only difference being some places do free shipping.....

dt98gsr
02-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Give them a call dude.

The individual vendor forums aren't the busiest places on TST.

I will once I have some free time, its not really a huge rush as I don't even own the car yet.

I was just doing some research and saw that they were Hondata dealers on the Hondata page so I figured I'd ask here first.

99% of the time it's the same price most places. only difference being some places do free shipping.....

I actually had a few questions for you since you own a DC5 and if I remeber correctly you had a reflash on your car but just upgraded to K-pro.

Since I am in the market for a '05-'06 Type S I wouldn't be able to make that upgrade as easily as you were able to. So I am trying to decide if going K-pro is really the route I wannna go or if I could just save my self a lot of money and time and be happy with a reflash. But basically I don't want to do the reflash and end up regretting it and wishing I just went with K-pro.

If I were to decide to go the K-pro route I would basically be going with a race header also. My question is do any race headers pass inspection?

james_ls
02-20-2007, 02:40 PM
If I were to decide to go the K-pro route I would basically be going with a race header also. My question is do any race headers pass inspection?

Not unless you have teh_hookup.

dt98gsr
02-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Not unless you have teh_hookup.

Yeah thats what I figured. As much as I'd like the power of a race header and a tune on K-pro, I don't think I am gonna shell out the money for it. Not that I'll even have the money for it after buying the new car. The car will be my only car and it will be daily driven so I want to keep this car reliable, not void the warranty, and still be able to pass inspection. Not to mention try and keep it on the quieter side.

From what I have read on the reflash, Hondata says it is fully dealer compatible and works with all Honda scan tools and equipment.

AMF Racing or anyone else, do you guys know how dealers feel about having the car reflashed (Do they void your warranty)?

And can you pass inspection with one?

JSeoul
02-21-2007, 12:37 PM
um... did you look at the 1,000,000 posts on Clubrsx? You should ask the fella's on there. But i'm sure you've looked on there. Just a sugesstion if you havn't. GL

S.Milone
02-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Sorry I thought I pmed you awhile ago I must have messed it up. It would be 595 for the reflash and 50 for the heatshield. There also are shipping charges you would pay if you were overnighting it to hondata. There is more involved and if you are serious about it you can call and ask some questions.

james_ls
02-21-2007, 03:56 PM
You can pass with a reflash...not a race header.

dt98gsr
02-23-2007, 01:21 AM
You can pass with a reflash...not a race header.

If thats the case, which I thought it was considering you go catless I'm surprised how many people opt to go with a RH.

Hmm decisions decisions. Well atleast I have some time to think about it.

The trouble I'm having is that, although I want to keep the car reliable and on the quieter side, I'm afraid if I get the car and go the route of CAI, Cat-back exhaust, heatshield, and a reflash I may regret it down the road and wish I went with a race Header and K-pro.

Well either way like I said I have time to think about it.

Thanks a lot for your help guys, and Shawn when I make up my mind and am ready to make a purchase I'll let you guys know.

JSeoul
02-23-2007, 08:24 AM
If you don't mind taking the race headers off every year for inspection, then I say go for it. But just to let you know, your car is going to shake pretty well.

Dave, I think if you take your time, do some personal research and look for deals with R/T tuning, you'll be happy with your decision. I will say one thing that i've heard from everyone thats done it, do one piece at a time instead of buying all the parts at once. You'll feel the power go up each time. Oh, is this going to be a second vehicle or you getting rid of the Integra?

S.Milone
02-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Thanks buddy. Ya just keep us posted with anything you may need. That's is what I am here for.

dt98gsr
02-23-2007, 06:38 PM
If you don't mind taking the race headers off every year for inspection, then I say go for it. But just to let you know, your car is going to shake pretty well.

Dave, I think if you take your time, do some personal research and look for deals with R/T tuning, you'll be happy with your decision. I will say one thing that i've heard from everyone thats done it, do one piece at a time instead of buying all the parts at once. You'll feel the power go up each time. Oh, is this going to be a second vehicle or you getting rid of the Integra?

Well considering it would be an '05 or '06 I wouldn't have to get it inspected fro a few years atleast. And either way inspection is every two years I believe, not every year. But I'm still not sure I'm willing to going through the trouble of returning the car to stock for inspection, and I don't want to have a private party inspection done either.

And what do you mean "shake"?

And as far as the research goes I have been doing as much as I can in my spare time on Club RSX, Honda-Tech, Team-Integra, and here on TST.

And no, sadly this won't be a second car. A few weeks ago after I was about to invest a fair amount of money into my teg and do a HID retrofit, my Dad let me know he doesn't want me pooring any more money into the teg. And that for my 21st birthday him and my mom are willing to help me out with the purchase of a new car.

I have been very happy with my DC2 and I have always liked the DC5 so I figure what better choice. I will most likely being doing this one part at a time just like you said. I always try and do my research and do things right the first time around.

Thanks buddy. Ya just keep us posted with anything you may need. That's is what I am here for.

Thanks man.

JSeoul
02-26-2007, 03:22 PM
I meant shake from the ESSM's. But sounds like you know whats up. GL. I got my 06 in October and love it to death....except in the snow. haahha. Can't wait to see pics.

dt98gsr
02-26-2007, 09:00 PM
I meant shake from the ESSM's. But sounds like you know whats up. GL. I got my 06 in October and love it to death....except in the snow. haahha. Can't wait to see pics.

ESSM's?

IntegrasAreBest
02-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Well considering it would be an '05 or '06 I wouldn't have to get it inspected fro a few years atleast. And either way inspection is every two years I believe, not every year. But I'm still not sure I'm willing to going through the trouble of returning the car to stock for inspection, and I don't want to have a private party inspection done either.

And what do you mean "shake"?

And as far as the research goes I have been doing as much as I can in my spare time on Club RSX, Honda-Tech, Team-Integra, and here on TST.

And no, sadly this won't be a second car. A few weeks ago after I was about to invest a fair amount of money into my teg and do a HID retrofit, my Dad let me know he doesn't want me pooring any more money into the teg. And that for my 21st birthday him and my mom are willing to help me out with the purchase of a new car.

I have been very happy with my DC2 and I have always liked the DC5 so I figure what better choice. I will most likely being doing this one part at a time just like you said. I always try and do my research and do things right the first time around.

Thanks man.

its ok, your just moving on to the newer integra! dave when are you getting the dc5? lemme know, before the dc2 goes you, me, brian, and ahmed have to take pics!

dt98gsr
02-27-2007, 11:33 PM
its ok, your just moving on to the newer integra! dave when are you getting the dc5? lemme know, before the dc2 goes you, me, brian, and ahmed have to take pics!

I am just fixing up little things on the teg for now. In the mean time I am just looking for a DC5 in the color I want. It probably won't be for a couple months or so until the teg is gone, so don't worry I definitely want to take a bunch more pics before she goes, and I agree me, you, Brian, and Ahmed should all get together and take pics of our cars together. I haven't taken enough pics of the teg with my new camera.