PDA

View Full Version : bringing my car to the dealer for service

rocco
02-14-2007, 10:15 PM
im really protective of my car and i think it would be better to leave it stock than mod the hell out of it at this time am i crazy? and will genuine subaru parts or jdm subaru parts void my warranty?

x2fast4u57x
02-14-2007, 10:44 PM
as long as u get ur parts but on by a professional installer everything is ok

JoeScooby
02-15-2007, 08:00 AM
It is up the the service center where you bring your car. Some are mod friendly and some are not. If you are not suffering from the mod bug then dont mod, just dont get bit.

grimm
02-15-2007, 03:13 PM
after reading your post about cruise control i think it's a "SMART" idea that you stay away from modding your car. I think you need to spend a few good hours reading your manual. Did you know that you have a snail in your engine bay?

05Accent
02-15-2007, 04:01 PM
:iagree:

Buster
02-15-2007, 04:58 PM
SPT and STI parts will not void your cars factory war. You MUST have them installed by a dealership or else they can use it against you. Having it installed at the dealership leaves a paper trail showing that no other warranty illegal parts were installed prior or during. This will save your war. and keep you happy at a minimally modded state. Seeing that your car is a 2004, I wouldnt even concern yourself with it.

rocco
02-15-2007, 06:19 PM
snail in my engine bay? uhh? of course id love to mod the hell out of it but honestly id rather rally race it than drag. imagine bring a flat out rally spec sti to the dealer for service roll cage and all. manual who the hell reads those things?

JoeScooby
02-16-2007, 02:21 PM
snail = turbo minus the slime. Well, if you think of the oil as slime.:bigeek:

Renegade_
02-16-2007, 02:55 PM
Looking at your history you really gotta just read the manual. I consult my manual all the time for referencing what fluid (viscosity, etc) to use and it will tell you a LOT of things if you are just starting to get into cars. If you said you aren't that into "high tech" cars, just read the entire thing.

rocco
02-27-2007, 10:18 PM
how about parts from japan?

DaveSTi
02-28-2007, 04:17 PM
SOA doesn't *have* to cover SOJ parts. It really, really, really depends on the dealer. I used Becker for my 30k with my stg 2 sti with typical suspension upgrades and it wasn't mentioned to me. I haven't had any warranty issues come up though, since the car has been rock solid reliable. Becker couldn't bleed my Brembo brakes correctly, but thats another issue of its own.