PDA

View Full Version : Ngk Afx

ho1ywars
01-24-2007, 02:14 AM
Anyone have it? I'm thinking about buying one but would like to hear some feedback about it first.

http://www.ngk.com/afx/

olsookie
01-24-2007, 01:43 PM
notta, was looking at it though and decided that the lc-1 was for me. permanent install, hook up your laptop and start logging.

also, innovative has their "free" logworks program that you log with just like many other vendors, but w/ log works 2.04 you can use open port to log other parameters.

ODB-II (generic settings), MUT (Mitsubishi Specific Protocol) and SST(believe that's it, but it's the Subaru Specific Protocol.

check it out le me know if you have any questions, i'm in the middle of logging stuff for my evo.

turbo4g63
01-24-2007, 08:24 PM
notta, was looking at it though and decided that the lc-1 was for me. permanent install, hook up your laptop and start logging.

also, innovative has their "free" logworks program that you log with just like many other vendors, but w/ log works 2.04 you can use open port to log other parameters.

ODB-II (generic settings), MUT (Mitsubishi Specific Protocol) and SST(believe that's it, but it's the Subaru Specific Protocol.

check it out le me know if you have any questions, i'm in the middle of logging stuff for my evo.

tom...i have no idea what you just said. ps you know farrrrr too much about computer ish

ho1ywars
01-24-2007, 11:48 PM
i don't have a laptop. i think im going to pick this afx up and give it a try.

xenocron
02-10-2007, 01:03 AM
As a monitoring device its great...as a tuning device, I really dont like it.

Besides, if NGK is going to make a Wideband, you think they would ship the unit with one of their own sensors!

chummmma
02-10-2007, 12:25 PM
When I used an AFX it seemed way to erratic for my taste. I have had best luck with the LM-1 and MoTeC widebands... the lc-1's I have used are just as erratic as the AFX. Also another good wideband system is the F.A.S.T. dual sensor.

Silverfc88
02-10-2007, 09:02 PM
I think any wideband is good. The problem is that trying to watch the wideband, tach and drive at the same is next to impossible. Sure you can have a friend ride along, but sometimes you might try to tune and there might not be anybody around to ride along.

Even if you just watch your wideband display and the road at the same time when you let off at a lean point at WOT you won't know what RPM you went lean at. Its good for letting you know your going lean, but it might be to late if you see some 12.0+ numbers flash on some turbo applications.

Getting a wideband and having a way to log it with rpm is much better to tune with or buy a wideband that has datalogging capabilities. I know PLX makes a couple that can datalog. My buddy who brackets races in a Vega says tuning with the PLX made a huge improvment in his times (consistant). He says that having the logs to see on his laptop helps him alot to tune and try different things on his carb and fuel setup. He won the last Monza/Vega shootout at Island Dragway.

I use a PLX M-300 and I love it. Its just a display, but I also use a palm to log with and show's my AFR, timing, temps, rpm's and alot of other sensors. I recomend to anyone that wants to use a wideband is to find a way to log it or just go to a dyno.