PDA

View Full Version : turbo muffler, exhaust, and dump

Scapegoat
01-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Looking to get a muffler for the srt to quiet it down, it's giving me a headache... :eek:

I want the best possible setup for the car with the muffler so I'm looking for some of the best straight through mufflers for turbo cars, a downpipe with an electronic dump, and exhaust.

I know teh exhaust itself will need to be custom made and I'm looking at 3" and side exit, so the only thing left is the muffler and downpipe itself. Suggestions?

Broken5hift
01-19-2007, 05:18 PM
your kinda contradicting yourself here. the setup you want will be loud as hell. a straight through muffler wont help much, you might as well just put on another resonator or something.

hozay had a borla muffler on his srt-4 and it sounded good. it wasnt overly loud but you could still hear the rumble.

it would be extremely hard to fit a muffler on the pipe of a side exit due to the fact theres no room for it under the car. if you want a side exit and quieter i suggest two large borla resonators

Scapegoat
01-19-2007, 05:21 PM
my main concern is not harming the car while the dump is closed while quieting it down, if possible. I'd be fine running the exhaust to the rear of the car if that helps, I just thought one pipe would look funny...

Broken5hift
01-19-2007, 05:49 PM
my main concern is not harming the car while the dump is closed while quieting it down, if possible. I'd be fine running the exhaust to the rear of the car if that helps, I just thought one pipe would look funny...

looked good on hozays car :cyberguy: