PDA

View Full Version : New Camera!!

peteyturbo
01-17-2007, 07:10 PM
I got a new canon powershot G7 today in the mail today. It is a 10.0 megapixel point and shoot style. I wanted something that I could grow into but still easy enough for my old lady to use..I got it because of the ultra high res and ability to use telephoto lens, it already has a 6x optical which is pretty nice as well.It has a lot of adjustability options and so on and I look foward to learing how to use them all..What do you guys think about this camera??

S4toSTI
01-17-2007, 07:55 PM
Point and shoots suck. Just kididng i have heard its a pretty nice camera. I guess since the ball and chain is an issue a dslr was out of the question but for a point and shot from the specs on the canon website it looks pretty nice.

SUB2.5RS
01-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Sweet camera. let see some pics!!!

peteyturbo
01-18-2007, 02:39 AM
I have a canon eos also but it uses 35mm film..I can still buy lenses for this thing too..I'll be sure to take pics tommorow..Also look for some video, it takes pretty decent video..

grimm
01-18-2007, 09:12 AM
My first digital camera was the G5 and I loved the thing to death!!! It was a great little camera I can only imagine the G7 is an imporved version of that.
Oh also keep in mind, if you do decide to get a DSLR. You can use any of your canon EOS lens on a canon DSLR EOS body.