PDA

View Full Version : Boost Gauge

EIXVO
01-15-2007, 02:50 AM
Is Mitsu so anal that they would void a warranty from installing a Boost gauge b/c it has to be wired into factory electrical equipment or something? They said a turbo timer would or some bs like that because your going into a factory harness or something.

EvlEgl
01-15-2007, 02:54 AM
You dont wire it into the factory harness...I'm pretty sure its all vacuum controlled...Unless it's an electronic one.

EIXVO
01-15-2007, 03:00 AM
yeah it is vacuum controlled I believe so I guess it would be ok? http://lancershop.com/customer/product.php?productid=1102&cat=100&page=1 actually im not sure

EvlEgl
01-15-2007, 03:10 AM
If its vacuum and not electronic then the only thing you need is power for the backlight of the gauge itself...that can be found by using the radio or fuse box...I'd say you'll be ok

sisforsurfing
01-15-2007, 03:12 AM
Buy an extra couple inches of vacuum hose and connect one side of the tee to the new hose and one side to the factory line. If you're really worried about it you can just unplug the boost gauge and put the factory line back where it was, that way you're not cutting.

I can't see how Mitsubishi would void a warranty just based on that... but I guess I won't put it totally past them. I think you should be fine regardless.

EIXVO
01-15-2007, 11:11 PM
what about a voltometer and fuel pressure gauge

gsrboi80
01-20-2007, 08:18 PM
You should be ok. Mitsu is the worst when it comes to warrenty work though. Thats why I bought an 03 and said F the warrenty :supz: .

As far as tthe turbo timer goes just get the plug in harness and remove it if you ever need to get any work done by the stupid dealer

specialgoodness
01-29-2007, 04:36 AM
yeah, its definately not hard to fool a dealer. Just feign ignorance:mrgreen:

peteyturbo
01-29-2007, 09:57 AM
I have no problems getting warranty work done wherever I go..You should have no problems unless it is obvious to the service guy that you are a pompus ass:)Free scheduled maint. and oil changes for 60k FTMFW!