PDA

View Full Version : My Supra under the knife :rebuild:

SUB2.5RS
01-07-2007, 05:00 PM
So today I just sat and looked at my Supra and I really want it running again. Its an Auto turbo, targa. The motor is shot on it from a bad headgasket which lead into a rod knock also the trans slips sometimes. Now my question> Is there a shop thats somewhat local within 30 miles or NE philly that can do the work i want done. I want a 7MGTE with a 5 spd trans in. I would like this done ASAP. Does anyone know of a well named shop that is willing to do this work? PLease please guys/girls let me know so I can get back to my roots (haha /jk)

SUB2.5RS
01-07-2007, 05:28 PM
stay bumped.

Seven
01-07-2007, 10:00 PM
get me a service manual and I'll come and do it on a day off for some cash :)

SUB2.5RS
01-07-2007, 11:37 PM
get me a service manual and I'll come and do it on a day off for some cash :)

Thanks, would you have all the parts needed or do I have to supply them. Not to be a lazy a$$ butI kind of didnt want to locate it. Do you have a shop or something, and have you done this before?

SUB2.5RS
01-08-2007, 01:45 AM
night time bump. no knows of any shops i can hit up that arent on the fourms?

SUB2.5RS
01-08-2007, 06:13 PM
So everyone that mods their car on this fourm has no clue what places can do this kind of work. All I'm asking for some names of places. But I guess everyone's car is stock.

SupraJDS
01-08-2007, 07:36 PM
I am trying to see if C-F performance will do my work,I have to call them back, thats where I was recomended to go on supramania...aim me for more info man

circus_clown
01-08-2007, 09:41 PM
my roomate and myself, we built my car which is an off the wall bad ass mk3 with a 7mgte

evomike
01-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Call them up they'll do it all for you circus clowns car started as an auto turbo as well

highmilehatch
01-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Get in contact with these guys. They'll get your Supra done right.

Cypher
01-14-2007, 05:08 PM
its not that hard to pull the motor and swap it. IF you do do this yourself make sure to get the block decked and use a torque deck to make sure the block is perfectly straight. Don't forget the MHG with arp head studs either. i torqued mine down to 81 lbs and no issues. if you want help with anything just pm me.

edit: while you're at it you might as well replace the bearings and everything and order arp main and rod bearing bolts.

The Devils Z
01-15-2007, 10:05 PM
try car v2 ...

http://carv2.com/site/index.cfm

lazymofo
02-05-2007, 10:54 PM
So everyone that mods their car on this fourm has no clue what places can do this kind of work. All I'm asking for some names of places. But I guess everyone's car is stock.
self made power not paid power.
So today I just sat and looked at my Supra and I really want it running again. Its an Auto turbo, targa. The motor is shot on it from a bad headgasket which lead into a rod knock also the trans slips sometimes. Now my question> Is there a shop thats somewhat local within 30 miles or NE philly that can do the work i want done. I want a 7MGTE with a 5 spd trans in. I would like this done ASAP. Does anyone know of a well named shop that is willing to do this work? PLease please guys/girls let me know so I can get back to my roots (haha /jk)
the work u want to be done, a regular auto repair will just do just as good why pay some "performance" shops for a extra amount of money rather then a regular repair shop can do for a whole lot cheaper and do just as good.

RayArroyo
02-05-2007, 11:09 PM
brady petey is going to find the parts for you and we can do the work plus parts.

woud you like a 1jz tt motor? we can do the swap with the 5 speed. we can also just rebuil the auto trans.

peteyturbo
02-06-2007, 06:18 PM
I'd like to see it keep the auto, they can be built to perform better then then the manual for under 500 bux at the track, but the manual swap does not look like it will be difficult at all for that car if that is what you really want..
As far as the engine, I would say either a 1jz swap or build up the 7mGTE with forged rods and pistons and all new bearing and hardware..I have been looking into this since I got my car and the parts to build your engine are pretty damn cheap..You can also just buy a longblock from one of the forums and slap er in there..Parts for theese cars are readily available and relatively cheap in price..Either way you go though, you should definitely have the block resurfaced along with the head and install a metal HG with ARP studs..People are making upwards of 400whp on stock turbo intercooler and injectors on theese cars which is pretty sweet..
I would just keep the auto, buy a shortblock for 200 bux to build on, freshen up the head and put it together..Can probably be done for around 1500 and you would have a built motor with a fresh head to boot.Combine that with an exhaust, boost control, and high stall TC and it should do very well at the track or the street..

SUB2.5RS
02-06-2007, 07:37 PM
brady petey is going to find the parts for you and we can do the work plus parts.

woud you like a 1jz tt motor? we can do the swap with the 5 speed. we can also just rebuil the auto trans.

You forgot your G Ray. haha j/k. To tell you the truth I would like to go 2JZ but hell I'll go 1JZ no problem. And I rather do the 5spd swap.

SUB2.5RS
02-06-2007, 07:40 PM
I'd like to see it keep the auto, they can be built to perform better then then the manual for under 500 bux at the track, but the manual swap does not look like it will be difficult at all for that car if that is what you really want..
As far as the engine, I would say either a 1jz swap or build up the 7mGTE with forged rods and pistons and all new bearing and hardware..I have been looking into this since I got my car and the parts to build your engine are pretty damn cheap..You can also just buy a longblock from one of the forums and slap er in there..Parts for theese cars are readily available and relatively cheap in price..Either way you go though, you should definitely have the block resurfaced along with the head and install a metal HG with ARP studs..People are making upwards of 400whp on stock turbo intercooler and injectors on theese cars which is pretty sweet..
I would just keep the auto, buy a shortblock for 200 bux to build on, freshen up the head and put it together..Can probably be done for around 1500 and you would have a built motor with a fresh head to boot.Combine that with an exhaust, boost control, and high stall TC and it should do very well at the track or the street..

Yes your right Petey. It can be done for litle money. The power that some people make on them with a few things is crazy. It would be cool to keep it AUTO but I think I would like it stick. I mean dont get me wrong a shift kit on it would be cool, but I like the stick thing better<sounded gay. But thanks for looking out man I'll def let you and Ray know what I'm doing.

SupraJDS
02-06-2007, 07:49 PM
I am still trying to look for a place to rebuild mine. I was thinking about doing it myself but having no garage and a driveway of grass really doesn't help. Plus I am no way at all a Mechanic ( I have done oil changes and have replaced doors thats about it), and I want to replace my bearings just to be safe. So I am in need of some help ah....By the way did you ever call that place?

olmytsi
02-07-2007, 07:49 AM
Definitely go 1jz...and check supraforums for reputable supra shops in the area.

empera
03-02-2007, 12:59 PM
if you need help with the car let me know.

Dan@FSM
03-26-2007, 02:27 AM
We do a lot of the Toyota/Lexus builds. Right now we have a board members 1JZ Cressida we are wiring and doing some fab work on. We've done numerous Supra/SC 2jz builds as well as auto-stick swaps, recently was a 32xxx mile 94' supra making 670 and running 10.0's (through the auto). You can see our shops SC300 in the upcoming April or May issue of Modified mag as a fearured car. 7M motors are'nt all that different, won't be a problem at all.

We are located in northern Delaware, literally minutes from Pa off of I95.

First State Motorsports

SUB2.5RS
03-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Thanks man. I will def. be giving you guys a call real soon about this.

Vince@R/TTuning
03-28-2007, 07:05 PM
we have a 1jz here in stock if you ar looking to go that route. we do not have a trans with it ...but we can get all the parts to do the swap. we are pretty familier with supra motors and tuning them so let us know if we can help. Have two supra here now one install and tune AEM... and the other is a front mount install and various other things with Map ecu setup....215 855 5565 Vince

SUB2.5RS
04-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Do either of you guys can do just a stock rebuild to get it running again???