PDA

View Full Version : is this much oil bad???

wrx_snobordr
06-05-2005, 11:21 AM
I was trying to find the source of a strange noise and i saw my turbo was collecting a large amount of oil. Is this bad or just normal? does this have to do with the pcv valve system or something? Also, i am getting this weird pffft noise almost every time i shut the car off. It sounds lik it is coming out of the intake. It sounds like the car is detonating one last time and sending it back through the intake manifold, not exactly goodhttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/snobordr/oilyturbo.jpg

MuddyREX
06-05-2005, 11:32 AM
I would really be concerned about that oil getting to a hot part of the turbo and catching fire.

wrx_snobordr
06-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Yeah, thats one of my concerns... especially as it starts to get hotter out. Just makes it that much easier for it to spark up. Im waiting for it to coll down then im goin to try and clean it up some. Maybe then ill be able to see its source.

MuddyREX
06-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Also, regarding the noice after shutoff; I get it too. After the motor is off completely, I hear a noise come from my intake. Sounds like excess air is being dumped back into the system. Either it's normal, or we have the same broken stuff.

03tarmacblack
06-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Could be pcv valve, but also make sure your dipstick isnt popping out underboost. I had that happen to me( on my old 1g dsm), and it caught on fire, luckly I popped the hood right away after I saw smoke and blew it out.