PDA

View Full Version : Idle Issues (No longer holds idle)

naDintheHat
12-25-2006, 10:29 PM
The car is fine during acceleration and normal driving conditions( read as driving above 10 mph) The issue is that when decelerating, and stopping at stop signs and such the rpms drop quickly down to like 100, and the car starts to stall. (Now the car does stall, at every stopsign unless i give it gas) I recently replaced the tubing that from from the airbox to the intake mani, due to a 2 inch cut in the rubber. Could something in the ecu possibly be off due to this issue or am i just not considering all the options. I am going to have it pressure tested and checked for vacuum leaks. If anyone has any advice or can think of a possible solution, it would help a newbie out alot. Thanks in advance and happy holidays.

LilRedVDub
12-29-2006, 03:20 PM
What kind of dub and what year? I work at a vw dealer and my husband is a tech here. I can ask him.

naDintheHat
12-29-2006, 08:14 PM
1994 Golf 2.0L, OBD1.

I did get my friend to look at it, he is currently going to school for this, and got an appointment at the dealer. I think part of the issue is the cooling system is basically clogged, open the cap and a whole bunch of black stuff(assuming it is oil because oil in the breather has yellow in it)

so as of right now it just sits, i dont want to break anything until i can figureout what is wrong. Any input is welcome it goes in on the 2nd of the new year.

Thanks in advance.

LilRedVDub
12-30-2006, 01:55 PM
If you need anything, just ask :)

naDintheHat
03-20-2007, 11:05 PM
Again looking for some input:
Currently, car does not hold idle when clutch is in, rpms drop very quickly with full stall and battery light at like 600 rpm. Time for a new battery? alternator?
Any input would be great.

Also the car starts but dies right away and rpms reach maybe 300 before it dies.

gsrboi80
03-21-2007, 07:43 PM
sounds like a vaccum leak. check all your hoses.

whitezenki
03-21-2007, 08:21 PM
check every hose that goes to the intake, i can almost guarantee ones missing, or not on all the way.

jspek
03-22-2007, 01:02 AM
vaccum leak, or do you have a tps sensor? mine was shot and suffered from the same syptoms.

naDintheHat
03-22-2007, 01:24 PM
i went out and gave a quick glance over before class (sitting in class now). It didnt appear that any of the tubes in the intake system were loose or off at all. Ill look at it when i am done with classes. Did notice that my coolant level is low, so i am going to get someone to run me to get some. Thanks for the input, is there any suggestions that would help me see if i have a hole in any of the vaccum lines?