PDA

View Full Version : IRS e-File...

criz
01-28-2005, 09:52 AM
Hey, I went to the IRS' website to file for my tax return, and notice that they give you a list of free services to do so.

which service does everyone use? or does anyone use H&R Block or Jackson Hewitt?

My grandfather passed away 2 months ago, and he always did my taxes for me! He's def. resting in peace now!

WKderF
01-28-2005, 11:55 PM
I just used H&R block & im due a $2500 return!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!

it was actually pretty easy at H&R, they were friendly & informative. they explained all of my options and have many different options on how fast you want your refund. coolest part is that they can set it up so the refund gets deposited DIRECTLY into your checking or savings account.l

if anybody is interested: i have $20 off coupons for H&R block tax service!

I have plenty of these coupons so whoever wants em, just let me know & ill bring them to the weekley meet.

alachua
01-29-2005, 12:20 AM
not to pry, but approx. how much did it cost you to have them do it. For the past three years, I have done an E-file using the Tubo-Tax online tool. Each year, I come out relitivly even. I would like to have a pro take a look, and see if there is something I am screwing up, or if its correct, but if it costs more than I expect to get refunded, I'll probably skip it.

-Cliff

naSTI
01-29-2005, 12:27 AM
I have used H&R Block since I was 16 (looong time ago, w00t!) and they've always worked out for me. They charge by which (and how many) forms you would need to fill out. For me, it's always come down to between $95~140 ( I know, not cheap ). But they stand behind you and will give you legal council as well as represent you if there are any questions by the IRS about your filing.

Just last year, I chose to do it electronically with Turbo Tax, and filed using some of the similar techniques they used when H&R filed for me, and ended up having to make some adjustments and corrections after receiving several letters from our Uncle.

Make up your own mind, but that's been my experience.

./hOmEr

WKderF
01-29-2005, 11:36 PM
for a typical tax file, you can expect to pay $80-$120 at H&R depending on how many forms need to be filed. i wish i had a coupon when i went though, $20 saved is $20 for gas :thumbup:

so if anyone wants them, i have 6 to hand out.

( shameless plug: for every coupon i give out that gets used, i get a check for $10 :banana: :banana: :banana: )

naSTI
02-01-2005, 01:33 AM
Stuff them in your car and bring them to the meet, FOO!!! Put me down for one. :mrgreen:

./hOmEr

WKderF
02-01-2005, 09:09 AM
consider it done!

Talon5spd90
02-07-2005, 01:41 PM
I used to work for an e-filing place. As far as I know they were pretty reasonably priced. Its on castor and hartel in philly, called ASAP Tax Refund Services. check them out.

TehWagon
02-10-2005, 02:55 PM
I don't know if you've done your taxes yet, but I used H&R's online free-file option. Since I didn't use them last year, I was able to use the online program for my Fed taxes for free and then tele-filed my state taxes b/c it was easiest. H&R wanted to charge $19.95 for that - psh!
Good luck.

bjc26
02-11-2005, 11:59 AM
I think I am going to try online filing this year.. I typically use the old 1040ez and tele-file for the state (nj). Without a lot of deductions and no property ownership it really isn't worth it for me to go out to an accountant or H&R block. I am just hoping for some money back so I can sink it right into the car :D