PDA

View Full Version : scca question

drew
12-18-2006, 02:48 PM
would my car be able to compete in STU ? it's a coupe but it has 4 seats with seatbelts..

cravej
12-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Yes, STU is for coupes & sedans with at least 4 seats.

http://scca.com/_FileLibrary/File/StreetTouringCategoryClassificationsbyManufacturer .pdf
STU
Coupes/Sedans - 4 seats minimum except sports car-based
Engine size (maximum)
- unlimited normally aspirated or
- 3.1L forced induction (single turbo/supercharger)
STS, STX Rules plus STU allowances/restrictions

LiquidFire
12-18-2006, 04:09 PM
trust me, unless you have tons of money dumped into that Tib you dont wanna run STU

piknockout
12-18-2006, 04:10 PM
You could, but you would have a better chance in STX...which I think the Tiburon would classify for. But the biggest problem you have in trying to compete in a Street Touring class is your CF hood. That bumps you into SM. :wink:

92dxman
12-18-2006, 04:12 PM
+1 for not going into stu. Stu is littered with Evo's, Sti's and the occasional S4.

drew
12-18-2006, 04:36 PM
so stx would be better? i have my stock hood i can swap back on for racing, but i'd rather not since it's a PITA to get it aligned perfectly

piknockout
12-18-2006, 04:43 PM
STX has lower powered vehicles that you would have a better chance at competing against and better fits your vehicle. If you're just starting out though, I say just run in SM and don't change anything and practice getting better. After you get more experience, then decide what you want to do as far as prepping your car for whatever class you choose.