PDA

View Full Version : GSR Tranny problem

PeteCupo
12-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Just had a JDM Gsr swapped into my EG. It used to be an auto D, now its a 5 speed B18C. The other night I was driving home and stopped at a light.....went into first no problem, wouldnt go into second and the clutch pedal felt a little weird. I stopped in a parking lot nearby. The car will NOT go into gear when the engine is running.....I turn the motor off, step on the clutch and it will go into any gear I want, just not when the car is running. What do you guys think is up? Its a brand new exedy stage 1 with a resurfaced OEM Flywheel. I had it done at a shop and im bringin the car back on monday, but Im just curious on what this could be.....anyone?

streetAssasin96
12-16-2006, 02:10 PM
did you check you clutch resevoir to see if any fluid is in there. i had the same problem and all it was, was my fluid was low. check it out

PeteCupo
12-16-2006, 02:56 PM
There is fluid in there. Theres that floating thing in there, its up to the top.

streetAssasin96
12-16-2006, 02:58 PM
maybe it is your clutch then. i basically had the same problem, and i would just pump the clutch and after a couple it would go into 2nd. definitley take it back to the guys who installed it

Silverfc88
12-16-2006, 03:08 PM
Your pedal might have to be adjusted to provide more pressure to disengage the clutch.

Bleed the system.

Maybe a leak surfaced. Enough to keep the pressure in your line but not enough to release the clutch.

If your clutch fluid got that low to loose clutch pressure then you would have to bleed your hydrolics to get the air out of the system. Plus you would have to check for a leak that would cause your fluid to get that low in the first place. Its not like the brakes where when the brake pads wear down your fluid goes down. The clutch reservoir level should stay the same.

TurboTagTeam
12-16-2006, 10:24 PM
It's either your master cylinder or slave cylinder. check to see if there is any fluid leaking from under your clutch pedal.

PeteCupo
12-17-2006, 01:42 AM
Im going to bring it back on monday, but I just wanted to see if there were any obvious things it could be. Im not replacing any parts myself, not that I cant do it, but Im not payin for em, Ill leave it to the shop.

BCSpeed
12-17-2006, 02:51 AM
If there is the proper amount fluid in your reservoir that means that there are no external leaks at this point. Which only leaves the clutch,pedal adj, and bleed. AS stated above. Let us know how you make out.

PeteCupo
01-10-2007, 02:37 PM
You believe the flywheel came loose? Bull****. Its all fixed now, running well.

SoStock92
01-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Your flywheel came loose? Do not use anti-sieze on flywheel bolts if you did else you are asking for trouble. Be extremely attentive installing flywheels - they are basically toothed blades spinning at engine speed - those things come off at high rpm it will fling out of the trans housing and cut right through anything in its way and possibly kill you.

TurboTagTeam
01-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Wich is exactly why high horsepower drag cars use scatter shields. Those things can kill you.

SovXietday
01-15-2007, 01:22 AM
Wich is exactly why high horsepower drag cars use scatter shields. Those things can kill you.

High velocity transmission parts would enjoy doing a number on humans unfortunately...

PeteCupo
01-19-2007, 03:56 PM
^Long time no see eh?

E-Money
02-02-2007, 09:17 PM
It's either your master cylinder or slave cylinder. check to see if there is any fluid leaking from under your clutch pedal.

werdd

PeteCupo
02-10-2007, 01:32 AM
It was fixed, it was a loose flywheel bolt.

james_ls
02-21-2007, 04:47 PM
It was fixed, it was a loose flywheel bolt.

That's really not good...