PDA

View Full Version : Moosethebelgian's DSM.. Wee Beasty

moosethebelgian
12-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Well, I thought I'd share some pics of my evil car.. She's a 1993 Plymouth Laser RS 2.0L N/T.

No 'real' mods yet.. well being a DSM they don't really count haha... I had the entire engine and tranny replaced after she pretty much blew up two weeks ago...

I have new wheels but I need tires before them get put on and she does need paint badly, which will be done in Spring or Summer of 2007.

I have a bunch of little things I am doing to her but the bigger Plans include:
-Paint
-Exhaust
-Changing from FWD to AWD
-Auto to Manual
-TURBO!!!

...yeah, I will pretty much go completely broke and kill myself before she's done, but oh well...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/moosethebelgian/Laser/wb07.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/moosethebelgian/Laser/wb05.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/moosethebelgian/Laser/Laserleftfrontdiagonal.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/moosethebelgian/Laser/Laserrightfrontdiagonal.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/moosethebelgian/Laser/laserme3.jpg

That's all for now.. I'll have new pics up when I get the new wheels on.. the gold ones gotta go..

-Rachael

TalonTsi97
12-14-2006, 02:15 PM
I really like the car,but your better off buying another 1g awd and keep this stock and a daily driver. Theres enough around and cheap enough that it doesnt make the time and money put into that worth it.
good luck with your future plans

moosethebelgian
12-14-2006, 02:29 PM
I was looking at the 93 Talon in the F/S section ... but I have no money what so ever at the moment because of my Laser's most rescent episode and the fact that feeding 6 horses isn't too cheap either... :(

Renegade_
12-14-2006, 03:02 PM
You gotta change the order of precidence in your list above!

Auto --> Manual and FWD --> AWD has to happen at the same time... Well, not really, it would just be more beneficial.

Just save up money and do it all in one fell swoop. If the car is in pieces might as well do everything drivetrain related at once. Unless you are like me and want the power first :roll:

Good luck - and 6 horses? All yours?

moosethebelgian
12-14-2006, 04:16 PM
:) Yeah I was planning the FWD/AWD and Auto/Manual conversions both at the same time

and yes 6 horses... all mine... I'm still making payments on the one.. and the great thing is that if I even sold one I could afford to buy the car that I want.. 2002 or 2003 Sedona Red WRX :cool:

lagos
12-14-2006, 04:35 PM
it would cost you a lot less to find an awd, 4g63 powered dsm, then it would to try to convert this one to awd and to turbo it. just save up and buy a real DSM, and start from there.

TrboChicsRock
12-14-2006, 04:38 PM
The unibody in the rear is different between the 1G FWDs and AWDs. I'm sure it's possible to do the conversion if you have a bottomless wallet because it would take a whole lot of fabrication to make it work. Definitely not worth it since 1G AWD's are pretty cheap to begin with.

But anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Renegade_
12-14-2006, 06:23 PM
Did not know they modified the chassis of the car like that.

TrboChicsRock
12-14-2006, 06:26 PM
Did not know they modified the chassis of the car like that.

Yup, only on the 1G's. They didn't do it like that on the 2G's, so the swap is a lot easier on those.

noclutch
12-14-2006, 06:42 PM
^True story.

You could probably find a 1G AWD for $1-3K. Swapping that car to AWD would cost alot more then that.

moosethebelgian
12-14-2006, 08:38 PM
Almost everyone I have talked to has told me this... and yes I agree it would be a lot cheaper and a lot easier to just buy an AWD and everything... but this is a project car... so hence i'm making a project out of it :-p

I won't start working on her until I get my WRX though.

TalonTsi97
12-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Almost everyone I have talked to has told me this... and yes I agree it would be a lot cheaper and a lot easier to just buy an AWD and everything... but this is a project car... so hence i'm making a project out of it :-p

haha if you buy another 1g for cheap it will be a project. But in long run you will save time and money by just getting another one.

PitBullRS
12-15-2006, 03:14 AM
http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/cancer/lg_childhood.gif

support wee beasty hood cancer

JUST KIDDING!!!! your cookies are fantastic!!

moosethebelgian
12-15-2006, 07:08 AM
Hahahahahahaha!!!!! Wee Beasty has supporters!!!!! :lol:

Thanks :) ...Oh and I made more cookies and took them to the meet last night... you missed out... unless there's still some there when you get to the shop next.

Honest_Bob
12-15-2006, 08:09 AM
mmm turbo buldge...

JSeoul
12-15-2006, 08:14 AM
GL Moose. Sounds like a lot of work.

Ender81
12-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Hahahahahahaha!!!!! Wee Beasty has supporters!!!!! :lol:

Thanks :) ...Oh and I made more cookies and took them to the meet last night... you missed out... unless there's still some there when you get to the shop next.

Damn it I had things I had to get done and I missed out on cookies....:furious:

moosethebelgian
12-15-2006, 05:32 PM
Hahaha sucks to be you... uh sorry.. I think I may soon be forced to bring them to every Thursday meet...

Ender81
12-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Hahaha sucks to be you... uh sorry.. I think I may soon be forced to bring them to every Thursday meet...

That's cool I usually make it out there, the past few weeks I haven't been able to though.

moosethebelgian
12-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Ohhh man you're missing out on some good cookies (so I have been told)

RyanG
12-15-2006, 06:41 PM
no they suck bleh!.

j/k I luv em

moosethebelgian
12-15-2006, 06:47 PM
pshhhhtt Bite Me, Ryan!

...haha thanks :wink:

PitBullRS
12-16-2006, 04:08 AM
they are delicious.....when available...

TurboTagTeam
12-16-2006, 05:00 AM
Why is the paint allways horrible on DSM's????

Carbon fiber that biotch :mrgreen:

Boost and 4WD :thumbup:

ho1ywars
12-16-2006, 01:56 PM
rattle can it..

cxrock16
12-16-2006, 02:05 PM
but some garland and a wreeth to match the bow :)

moosethebelgian
12-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Last night I discovered my windshield wiper arms were rusting.. I just got done sanding them.. soon primer and paint will go on :)

..... I'm thinking some tinsel around the spoiler.... and maybe a nice wreath around the bottom of the antenna... or even if I could get 4 wreaths and stick them on my wheels hahaha

Festive-ness FTW!!!

moosethebelgian
12-16-2006, 04:35 PM
they are delicious.....when available...

*grumbles* I'm gonna beat you soon... and I can't believe your car actually made it home last night...

Turbo s60R
12-24-2006, 10:48 PM
did u ever think of just keeping this car front wheel drive with minor mods to keep it a daily driver, and look for a awd tsi

FASTERTHANU
12-26-2006, 04:12 PM
that DSM has more chips than a bag ofhttp://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n271/EVO_85/180px-Lays_classicbagchips.jpg

SexyDSM95
12-26-2006, 04:47 PM

I won't start working on her until I get my WRX though.Well just so you realize you will pretty much need a 1g AWD donor car since you will have to weld an entire rear clip as well as pretty much pull a lot of stuff. You have hundreds of hours of work ahead of you rather then just spending around $1,000 for a fixer upper 1G AWD. If you are set on keeping this "project" it would be smarter financially and less work hours to just turbocharge it and be a super fast turbocharged FWD.

ScoobyNubieToo!
12-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Yow! Sounds like a lotta work to me.....

noclutch
12-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Well just so you realize you will pretty much need a 1g AWD donor car since you will have to weld an entire rear clip as well as pretty much pull a lot of stuff. You have hundreds of hours of work ahead of you rather then just spending around $1,000 for a fixer upper 1G AWD. If you are set on keeping this "project" it would be smarter financially and less work hours to just turbocharge it and be a super fast turbocharged FWD.

I agree with you for once :)

moosethebelgian
01-11-2007, 10:26 PM
that DSM has more chips than a bag ofhttp://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n271/EVO_85/180px-Lays_classicbagchips.jpg

Hah yeah I know :o

Well just so you realize you will pretty much need a 1g AWD donor car since you will have to weld an entire rear clip as well as pretty much pull a lot of stuff. You have hundreds of hours of work ahead of you rather then just spending around $1,000 for a fixer upper 1G AWD. If you are set on keeping this "project" it would be smarter financially and less work hours to just turbocharge it and be a super fast turbocharged FWD.

Yeah, I agree with you as well, but these plans have been around for a while. My cousin's friend is parting out his 1g Eclipse and I get any parts off of it that I want :cool: I am aware that this whole ordeal will most likely bring me to tears but I'm ready for it, I dont care if it takes me 15 years, it will get done.. but by then it will have more parts from other cars on it than it's original parts. I'm currently working 3 jobs to save up some cash to buy a DD so that I can start work on the Laser in fall... this should prove to be interesting if nothing else, at least I have a heated 3 car garage... and yes feel free to laugh along the way :-p