PDA

View Full Version : This suspension seem logical?

Uberu
12-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Alrighty...i've been reading some things online and here is whati want to do...is this right or is there something else i should do?

On the way: GC coilover kit
Cusco rsb

Should i put these on: whiteline rear endlinks
whiteline alk
power steering bushings

Thanks foryou input

Renegade_
12-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Why are you ordering a coilover kit for a GC body? The mounts won't match up at all.

TROLL
12-11-2006, 10:03 PM
GC in this case stands for Ground Control...

Most sways are more or less created equal so you're cool there, only difference beyond size would be adjustability and if they come with upgraded mounts or not.

ALK... you can probably spend your money better elsewhere. I know a lot of guys skip this mod because of how it changes the geometry of the mounting points. Then again some guys say they love their ALK.

Steering rack bushings are cheap so you really cant go wrong. Wont make a world of difference but they should help out a bit so go for it.

Other suspension mods worth thinking about would be rear endlinks, KYB struts, fender braces, then maybe a lower H brace or strut tower braces, but it sounds like you've got a good head start on things.

Uberu
12-11-2006, 10:34 PM
i was reading somewhere that if you have the alk kit then you most likely won't be able to autox except for some extreme classes or something like that. Is there any truth in that statement?

TROLL
12-11-2006, 11:14 PM
well you can autox, but you'll automatically ge grouped in SM which is basically the unlimited class so if you were ever trying to be competitive it would be near impossible. its because you arent allowed to change your suspension mounting points at all in any of the lower classes, and an ALK does just that.

Uberu
12-12-2006, 06:35 PM
would it even be worth it for a fsb, i heard that they don't do much on imprezas

CHAOS
12-12-2006, 06:45 PM
whats alk?

Uberu
12-12-2006, 06:49 PM
anti-lift kit. I'm trying to figure out some other things to help with my suspension. Stuts are out for now...chaos...you have any recommendations?