PDA

View Full Version : WELL 6 hours later and a half empty bank account ...

UGotSchooledByaGirl
12-09-2006, 01:21 AM
NEEDED a new caliper so i bought it.HAd them put it on the car since it was cold and I had no brakes getting there ( 2 hour drive for me ) Then they spent 2 hours tryin to figure out why it wasnt much better. The ONLY logiscal thing was the master cylinder went.So i picked that up.. SOrta have brakes and am doing the Master cylinder tomorrow.

While i was there I had them qoute me a price on the conversion. I am getting ( after new years) my WRX brake conversion complete with rims ( i hope )...

Also while there they allowed me to Sorta help and learn a bit as to how they came to the conclusion it was the master cylinder in cooperation with the seized caliper ( which there was NO way to rebuild the piston basically heat welded itself to the caliper).I had SOME braking ability ( alot more than i wen there with ) drove 3 hours home thanks to traffic and Now need help installing the new master cylinder. Like is there ANYTHING i should know before doing this.Is there any certain specific way it should be done , etc. and is there ANYONE willing to help with it tomorrow? I just dont want to screw this up..

Also while under there.. I noticed im leaking oil from the seals and Leaking a SMALL amount of coolant from the lower radiator hose where it connects to what looks to be the thermostat housing ( driver side piping that bolts to the engine). Remember im New to subies so I wouldnt know the slightest about the way these motors are set up.

Thanks in Advance.

highmilehatch
12-09-2006, 04:21 AM
Who and what are you talking about?

If you need to get something straightened out with your Suby, PM me.

UGotSchooledByaGirl
12-09-2006, 11:57 AM
I need to put my brake master cylinder in.. But I woke up sick as hell.I think its food poisoning. So I cant do it today unless someone wants to help my roomy/ whatever he is gonna be do it for me.He is a diesel mechanic so his experience with cars and brakes systems in cars is very little.

b0rN Fr0m JeTs
12-09-2006, 01:21 PM
your bank account is half full* not half empty

UGotSchooledByaGirl
12-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Beh Im cynical when it comes to money.. its half empty..lol..

It was the fod from last night and I'm now feeling much better ( wont say why but if your smart you can figure it out :wink: ) So.. Tie to get a few things done.Hopefully by tomorrow night i will be able to COMPLETELY stop. YAYY!

IntegrasAreBest
12-09-2006, 04:46 PM
what did you eat?

drew
12-09-2006, 05:11 PM
pizza slut

Honduh
12-09-2006, 11:18 PM
you get this fixed yet? I'd being willing to help you out tomorrow if I didnt have side work to do already. I have off tuesday if you still need help. pm me if needed.

UGotSchooledByaGirl
12-10-2006, 02:23 AM
I got the master cylinder put in my Area 1320..I bought some Super blue from him. Its STILL not much of a change so We took the vacum hose off to check the check valve in it.. ITs blown.. So iff that doesnt solve the prblem then its DEFINATELY the booster. This stuff only needs to last me till right after new years.Then im doing the WRX brake upgrade.