PDA

View Full Version : 500+ Whp Setup

96s14
12-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Alrite i have finally decided to take the plunge. And when i say take the pluge i mean spend ALOT of money on my car. With this setup i will be making over 500whp on high boost and high octane. That will be my drag map. I am also re-doing the body, interior and wheels. Heres the parts!

Motor:
Arias 8.8:1 Pistons, 20 over
AMS Pro Rods
ARP Head Studs
ARP Mains
ARP Rod Bolts
Cometic Headgasket
Supertech Dual Titanium Springs and Retainers
.7mm Oversize Iconel Exhaust Valves
.5mm Oversize Intake Valves
Port and Polish Head
Crower V3 Cams
Calico Rod bearings
Crank knife edged, balanced, shotpeened and nitride coated
Full Rotating Assembly Balanced
AEM EMS Standalone
Nismo LSD

I think that is it for the motor

Exterior:
Kouki Headlights
Kouki Fenders
Kouki Hood
AIT front bumper
JDM kouki rear bumper
Kouki Sideskirt

Suspension/Wheels:
Enkei RPF1 17x8 front 17x9.5 rear
Falken Azenzi RT615
Revalve my Tein
RUCA
Tie Rods
End Links
Replace Some bushings
Wilwood 13" Brakes
Cusco 6pt Cage

Interior:
Nismo EGT Gauge from a Skyline (RARE)
Nismo Boost Gauge
Possibly 2 red Bride Seats
Possible Takata Harness

So that is what i am doing with some money i just got:mrgreen: .

CHAOS
12-07-2006, 10:58 AM
is off topic the right place for this? id think more nissan tech or general automotive?.... either way it sounds sick.

96s14
12-07-2006, 11:00 AM
It isnt really a tech ques. I am just sharing my ideas. So yea, i guess it can be here.

CHAOS
12-07-2006, 11:02 AM
its not about what gets the most hits tho... its about where a thread belongs. if it was about that .. everything would be in off topic.

TROLL
12-07-2006, 01:25 PM
well done chaos. and 96s14... shame shame. read the description for off topic for me please...

TTsupra911
12-07-2006, 01:31 PM
I'd say general car discussion....

sounds sick, can't wait to see the car when it's done

Mac @ R/T Tuning
12-07-2006, 01:51 PM
Few things worth considering...

From what I hear AIT is garbage, might want to avoid that.

The RPF1 is a radical wheel, would go wider/bigger with it though. 18 x 9.5 +15 all around sounds nice.

We are probably ordering a bunch of Enkei stuff (RPF1's and NT03's) not too far off, let me know if you are interested and I can shoot you a price. Also could get alot of that other stuff as well so PM me and I will hook you up.

Evo8kid
12-07-2006, 02:04 PM
im proud of you big guy

a2low240
12-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Cometic Headgasket

Cometic for Nissan's = headache.
Use an Apexi' or PE.
My .02 cents.

D Money
12-07-2006, 05:29 PM
So, your telling us what you ordered or what your plans for your car is?

Sounds expensive, I wish I had that kind of money to spend on a car. I honestly would go with something other than enkei rpf1's, maybe a Work miester s1-3pc 18x9 and 18x10 or ADVAN Super racing 2's.

Bride, takata's, cusco cage, sounds like someone's car I know. Good luck with it bro.

ej20wrx123
12-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Sounds expensive, I wish I had that kind of money to spend on a car.
dont you have more money into your car then he will??

96s14
12-08-2006, 01:05 PM
I like the enkei because they are light. And yes, your car dimitri did help inspire me but mine will be fixed seats, and 6 point harness. They will go good with my white. The stuff will be ordered soon. I am just waiting on a settlement i was supposed to get a while back. Damn drunk drivers

96s14
12-08-2006, 01:06 PM
well done chaos. and 96s14... shame shame. read the description for off topic for me please...

Ok ok you got me, i just wanted to make sure dimitri saw it, i wanted to see if he would say anything about the seats and harness. But yes, it is gonna cost an arm, two legs and a gonad.

IntegrasAreBest
12-08-2006, 01:08 PM
sounds like its going to be sikk

D Money
12-08-2006, 01:24 PM
I like the enkei because they are light. And yes, your car dimitri did help inspire me but mine will be fixed seats, and 6 point harness. They will go good with my white. The stuff will be ordered soon. I am just waiting on a settlement i was supposed to get a while back. Damn drunk drivers

Yo, what's a fixed seat? 6 point takata's? So your just buying the add on belts, which means your spending $400 for the belt and $200 per side just on add ons. lol $1,200 for two harnesses, now that's ballin!

You should buy my Brides, less than 1 month of use, and the passenger seat hasn't even been sat in yet! Brides newest color, not even offered here in the US yet, 6 month wait minimum.

$1,700 for the seats, which is $500 off. I got a bride sponsorship now, so I get seats at 50% off, im going to get a new set!

Ok ok you got me, i just wanted to make sure dimitri saw it, i wanted to see if he would say anything about the seats and harness. But yes, it is gonna cost an arm, two legs and a gonad.

Why would you want me to see it? lol

I would have saw it no matter what. lol

Twinz
12-08-2006, 03:13 PM
sounds quite expensive...but SICK ha good luck wiht all that

highmilehatch
12-09-2006, 04:32 AM
I'm assuming this is a KA by the tq numbers in your sig. Who's tuning it? And most importantly, what turbo?

96s14
12-09-2006, 10:30 AM
A fixed back seat, non reclinable. Damn i am getting the harness for ALOT less than that. I am getting brand new ones for about $650 for both

D Money
12-09-2006, 08:29 PM
A fixed back seat, non reclinable. Damn i am getting the harness for ALOT less than that. I am getting brand new ones for about $650 for both

From who, don't say a vendor!

They are $400 per seat belt, go to the site. www.takataracingproducts.com

Then you want to make the 4-point harness a 6-point harness, so that means you need two additional add on belts per seat which cost $100 per piece.

Show me where you are getting both for $650, becuase they can't be real, that's well under what the msrp is.

Wiisass
12-10-2006, 12:18 AM
Get big boy sizes in the RPF1 like Mac said. At least 9.5, and you should probably get a 10.5 for the back, all the cool kids would.

Don't waste your money on the cusco cage. If you want to do any real driving, you won't be allowed to because the cage doesn't pass any tech.

Personally, I think you're wasting a ton of money on brides and takatas. There are much better seats out there and the takatas are very overrated as harnesses. But JDM stuff was cool back in 2003, so if you pretend you went back in time, you could pretend it's baller to throw away money like that.

And the 6-point setup on the takata website that was posted is $495 retail for the 4-point belts and 6-point addition. Which is about the same price as a pair of Impact belts with the rotary camlock and they're awesome.

And what turbo are you planning on running?

Why a Nismo LSD. I don't think nismo had a good LSD since the Pro SSS or whatever it was called from like 4 years ago. The stuff now is pretty weak. Get at least a Kaaz or an ATS diff.

D Money
12-10-2006, 03:31 AM
Awesome, no one cares what you think is cool.

If the kid wants Brides and Takata's, then let him be. Don't hate because you don't want them or can't have them, whichever the case may be.

I gotta ask, if the Bride/Takata combo is so bad, then what would you reccommend? What's hot right now? Tell me because I don't know....

Wiisass
12-10-2006, 03:46 AM
I'm just trying to help the guy out. And all my suggestions, besides my detest of overrated JDM stuff, are completely valid. He's going to need some real rubber in the rear to put the power down and the 9's just aren't going to cut it. With the cage thing, I'm just trying to let him know that if he plans on doing anything with the car, the cusco cage doesn't pass any real racing tech inspections. And the nismo diff's are pretty weak, they aren't that good and if he's trying to be kind of a big deal with this power, he's probably going to want something decent back there.

I'm not hating on Bride and Takata because I can't have them, I just realize that there are much better products on the market of much higher quality that can be had much easier, for less money and with less of a wait. And I've never been too impressed with Bride seats, they just don't do it for me. I mean sure, the Brix would be a nice seat for a daily driver, but in terms of fixed stuff, there's so much more out there that is a lot nicer, a lot lighter, a lot stronger, and doesn't have the jdm markup. As for takata, I don't like the camlock, it just doesn't seem as nice as stuff like Simpson. Now I know this isn't a concern when you just set the belts nicely on your seats for car shows, but when you have to get out of the car in a hurry and the belts are tight, a good camlock is something you really need to have. I'm guessing you've never had to do a timed egress from a race car. If you have, you'll realize how important it is.

D Money
12-10-2006, 03:50 AM
I understand what you're saying, the cusco cage is for SHOW only. Don't get me wrong, I want the sti pink version only because it's rare. Why? Because I am all about the jdm premier **** and showing my car, it's just not meant for track use.

It all depends on what he is building it for, but I will agree with you. If he is building a race car, then he should get sparco's, a weld in cage, etc.

I guess we all have different tastes, but for the most part he can get away with anything he goes with.

moorefire
12-11-2006, 10:10 AM
I guess we all have different tastes, but for the most part he can get away with anything he goes with.

Not if you actually drive your car

Listen to Matt and Tim,

Apex HG +1
Real Cage that will pass tech if you want to use your car how it was intended (not sitting in a parking lot)
Man sized wheels at least 9 and 10wides
and I think ATS, OS Giken, or at least Kazz would be preferable to a nismo diff

leave the gaydm fanboy crap on the shelf where it belongs

D Money
12-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Not if you actually drive your car

Listen to Matt and Tim,

Apex HG +1
Real Cage that will pass tech if you want to use your car how it was intended (not sitting in a parking lot)
Man sized wheels at least 9 and 10wides
and I think ATS, OS Giken, or at least Kazz would be preferable to a nismo diff

leave the gaydm fanboy crap on the shelf where it belongs

I drive my car everyday. My car has almost every suspension mod possible, wide wheels and tires, in about a month when the new motor is in I will have 450whp, so if I have some jdm interior/exterior things atleast I can back them up.

96s14
12-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Get big boy sizes in the RPF1 like Mac said. At least 9.5, and you should probably get a 10.5 for the back, all the cool kids would.

Don't waste your money on the cusco cage. If you want to do any real driving, you won't be allowed to because the cage doesn't pass any tech.

Personally, I think you're wasting a ton of money on brides and takatas. There are much better seats out there and the takatas are very overrated as harnesses. But JDM stuff was cool back in 2003, so if you pretend you went back in time, you could pretend it's baller to throw away money like that.

And the 6-point setup on the takata website that was posted is $495 retail for the 4-point belts and 6-point addition. Which is about the same price as a pair of Impact belts with the rotary camlock and they're awesome.

And what turbo are you planning on running?

Why a Nismo LSD. I don't think nismo had a good LSD since the Pro SSS or whatever it was called from like 4 years ago. The stuff now is pretty weak. Get at least a Kaaz or an ATS diff.

10.5 is to big for my car, i already have 2 cheap sparco seats, i am getting brides for the same you would spend on a nice sparco, and takata is nicer than my rcis i have right now.The nismo diff is awesome as long as it is a 1.5 way, and you are right about the cusco cage i will give you that. Have you ever even had to go through tech?? They dont check the cage unless you give them a reason to check the cage. And yes, i am more baller than you

anthracite93
12-11-2006, 01:12 PM
You are a total idiot. 10.5 is to big for my car, i already have 2 cheap sparco seats, i am getting brides for the same you would spend on a nice sparco, and takata is good ****. The nismo diff is awesome as long as it is a 1.5 way, and you are right about the cusco cage i will give you that. Have you ever even had to go through tech?? They dont check the cage unless you give them a reason to check the cage. And yes, i am more baller than you

Ha, I really can't understand why people can't take some constructive criticism on these boards without getting allll bent out of shape because somebody called them out on reasons why they shouldn't purchase the things they are. If you wanted everyone to say ooooh ahhhh; which is what you usually get on this forum then you should have written that in the original post, asking nobody to respond unless they are going to stroke your jdm ego and tell you its all going to be alright. If you think 10.5's are too wide for your car then you sir are the "total idiot"

96s14
12-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Ha, I really can't understand why people can't take some constructive criticism on these boards without getting allll bent out of shape because somebody called them out on reasons why they shouldn't purchase the things they are. If you wanted everyone to say ooooh ahhhh; which is what you usually get on this forum then you should have written that in the original post, asking nobody to respond unless they are going to stroke your jdm ego and tell you its all going to be alright. If you think 10.5's are too wide for your car then you sir are the "total idiot"

You know what, you are right. Honestly i am in a terrible mood. I am tired, at school, and got stuck working late last night. I normally can take constructive critisism, so i edited my posts now that i am cooled down a little. I a apolagize for being an ass.

Wiisass
12-11-2006, 03:15 PM
you can fit a 10.5 in the back of an S14 with minimal work, meaning fender rolling and maybe a little pull, depending on offset. You will have a lot of trouble hooking up with 9"'s and 500hp.

As for the seats and harnesses, get whatever you want, I don't care. But if you're getting 2 brides for the price I can get a Sparco, then I would suggest selling the Brides and taking the profit and putting it into something cool.

The nismo diff still sucks in 1.5way. Aren't the ones they sell now the street diff? Listen to me and Will if you want to get a good diff.

Are you doing any real racing or just drag stuff? If you try and do real stuff with a cage that won't pass tech, you don't get to play.

And more baller than me? Ha. You've got a long way to go. I'm kind of a big deal.

PS what turbo?

D Money
12-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Are you doing any real racing or just drag stuff? If you try and do real stuff with a cage that won't pass tech, you don't get to play.

And more baller than me? Ha. You've got a long way to go. I'm kind of a big deal.

PS what turbo?

Word.

The brides and takata's are fine, expensive, but they will be ok for what he is doing.

As for the cage, yes I have to agree with you. The cusco cage is all show and won't help if you plan on runnin sub 11.50's, but if your just autox'n it or driftin it won't make a difference.

+1 for wide wheels, 9's don't seem wide to me either, especially since I have 8.5's on a wrx that's awd and it just spins sideways all the way through first gear. I just talked to Mac and he is trying to see if I can clear a 18x9 Work meister s1 wheel with a +35 offset, but it's going to be tough.

Wiisass
12-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Well for drifting, having the cusco cage is pretty much the same as having no cage, just your car will be a little stiffer. If you add door bars, depending on who's running the events you can probably tandem, but for any of the real comp stuff you can't run it.

We can fit more than a 9 on your car. But we'll see what info Mac digs up.

D Money
12-11-2006, 03:47 PM
Well for drifting, having the cusco cage is pretty much the same as having no cage, just your car will be a little stiffer. If you add door bars, depending on who's running the events you can probably tandem, but for any of the real comp stuff you can't run it.

We can fit more than a 9 on your car. But we'll see what info Mac digs up.

You think more than 9"? I run on the 18x8.5's but only on the inside of then fender liner, probably because of the +45 offset. I have plenty of room to come out and my fenders were rolled before I had the car painted. I want to squeeze 18x9 with 245's stretched, but still have it dumped. lol

Wiisass
12-11-2006, 04:02 PM
So you're running 8.5"+45 and it rubs a little on the inside. How much room do you have on the outisde? What size tire is on there now? And you want to run 245's?

This should give us enough of an idea of what we can fit on there, but Mac should be looking up some stuff anyway.

moorefire
12-12-2006, 09:28 AM
I drive my car everyday. My car has almost every suspension mod possible, wide wheels and tires, in about a month when the new motor is in I will have 450whp, so if I have some jdm interior/exterior things atleast I can back them up.

its not what you have, or what you can brag about on the net, its what you do with it...

D Money
12-12-2006, 02:54 PM
its not what you have, or what you can brag about on the net, its what you do with it...

word. Set it up, Ill race you whenever. I'm not going to talk it about it anymore, either you man up or shut the **** up.

ozthunder
12-12-2006, 02:57 PM
lol I heart internet warfare.

moorefire
12-12-2006, 04:12 PM
word. Set it up, Ill race you whenever. I'm not going to talk it about it anymore, either you man up or shut the **** up.

haha you're so sensitive its too easy

drag racing, street racing, and e-racing are lame so get over yourself douche

highmilehatch
12-12-2006, 04:38 PM
So yeah. What turbo?

Wiisass
12-12-2006, 10:22 PM
So yeah. What turbo?

That's what I want to know too.

D Money
12-13-2006, 02:42 AM
haha you're so sensitive its too easy

drag racing, street racing, and e-racing are lame so get over yourself douche

Word.

Well whenever you decide you want to, just let me know.

Jourdan
12-13-2006, 02:57 AM
this is funny.

so what kind of turbo?....ha!

moorefire
12-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Word.

Well whenever you decide you want to, just let me know.

If I enjoyed penis measuring contensts I'd consort with ****s

I have no reason to race you since I know I'm faster than you, Ive forgotten more about driving than you ever learned sonny

I have no reason to brag about parts lists cus I know I'm more baller than any wrx owning halfway huslter

you shouldn't use the net to work out your self esteem issues, do that **** when you're alone hahahhaha

anyway, what kind of turbo? haha

ozthunder
12-13-2006, 02:40 PM
lmao...damn. Subscribed.

s14drftstn
12-16-2006, 11:49 AM
And the turbo is...."drumroll please".

D Money
12-16-2006, 11:51 AM
If I enjoyed penis measuring contensts I'd consort with ****s

I have no reason to race you since I know I'm faster than you, Ive forgotten more about driving than you ever learned sonny

I have no reason to brag about parts lists cus I know I'm more baller than any wrx owning halfway huslter

you shouldn't use the net to work out your self esteem issues, do that **** when you're alone hahahhaha

anyway, what kind of turbo? haha

nice edit. haha

Anyways, show me your faster.

Don't talk about it, be about it homie.

180sxDrifter
12-16-2006, 12:49 PM
wow.. can't wait to see this thing when its done