PDA

View Full Version : Skunk2 Racing & Greddy for RSX Type-S

JSeoul
12-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get some good prices on Performance parts from Greddy & Skunk2 Racing. I'm debating which company I want to go with for my future setup. Just your thoughts and connections. I guess i'll throw a poll and see what you guys think is better.

Mac @ R/T Tuning
12-05-2006, 07:24 PM
We are doing a Greddy sale through the end of '06. Let me know what you are looking for and I will hook you up on price.

Can hook you up with Skunk2 as well...

JSeoul
12-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Skunk2 - Mega Power Exhaust
Skunk2 - 6-spd shift knob Anniversary.
Skunk2 - Lowering Springs
Skunk2 - Full Coilovers. code: 541-05-5730

Greddy - Sp2 Exhaust
Greddy - 6-spd shift knob

Thats pretty much all I want to buy until the new year. Hope you can help out. Thanks.

BoostedK20
12-05-2006, 11:42 PM
i have the sp2 on my type s and love it its tolerable under nornal driving but when your at WOT it sounds amazing and as for the lowereing springs get the comptechs there the best springs you can buy for the rsx without shocks and stuff

KGParts
12-06-2006, 06:46 AM
I vote Skunk2 but can hep you out with both

JSeoul
12-06-2006, 08:14 AM
Yeah, i heard nothing but greatness from the Greddy SP2. I'm definitly considering it. I kind of want to lean towards the minimal companies as I can. soo I was also thinking about going Comptech, but i'll see. Thanks for the inputs guys. Keep them coming

CHAOS
12-06-2006, 08:16 AM
i vote greddy because i think skunk2 makes ****ty parts :)

CHR!S
12-06-2006, 01:01 PM
i vote mix-and-match parts. each company has their good and bad qualities. by the way, why would you buy lowering springs and coilovers? look at www.clubrsx.com for parts to buy as well, plus you can get reviews about some good products

dt98gsr
12-06-2006, 01:51 PM
I have a mix of Greddy parts and Skunk 2 Parts on my car. The best selection of Skunk 2 parts I have seen for my car is on ebay, the user/ store name is JDM-in-Stock, I'm just not quite sure how much DC5 stuff he may have.

Either way you can't go wrong with any of those parts you mentioned above. I would say do a mx. SP2 exhaust and the rest Skunk 2. Just my advice.

JSeoul
12-06-2006, 02:05 PM
I would buy the Lowering Springs or Coilovers. I wanted to see what they could do on prices. I'm on clubrsx. I prefer TST over any of the other sites though. People just seem cooler here and its diverse. I'm also not doing the whole Type-R conversion. I have a Type-S, i love it. They're prices at clubrsx.com are okay but i've had a few problems with placing orders on there. Plus when I ordered my intake, I got charged three times and then my bank declined them. So I never got my product and debating wheather i want to order anything from the site again. Thanks though.

BoostedK20
12-06-2006, 10:22 PM
yeah club rsx does have some bad shipping habits, see if there are any local shops that can get you the parts that you want i usually try that before i order over the internet

IntegrasAreBest
12-06-2006, 10:28 PM
i dunno im not a big fan of skunk2. last summer i ordered a skunk2 throttle body from extreme psi for my gs since i was planning to go turbo in my last teg. we had to send it back twice for the stupid thing to actually work. it would open up and then as soon as it closed it got stuck. ive also had their coilovers and they do not compare to tein and some other companies coilovers.

BoostedK20
12-06-2006, 10:33 PM
true that tein=the ****

JSeoul
12-06-2006, 10:50 PM
I hear you have some sick stuff on your car Boosted. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll definitly throw all that into consideration. Better to learn from others mistakes than repeat them right. Yeah, i've heard Tein has the best.

CHR!S
12-07-2006, 12:54 AM
true that tein=the ****

depends. the tein ss-p coilovers for the rsx suck compared to the buddy club n+'s. ive riden in cars with both and i bought the bc's for that reason.

KGParts
12-07-2006, 07:05 AM
Yeah, i've heard Tein has the best.
Authorized Tein dealer here. Have Teins in stock for your car as well.
FYI, Tein just sent out a price increase effective Jan 1st. you still have time...:drag:

IntegrasAreBest
12-08-2006, 02:07 PM
i had tein super streets on my teg and i loved them!

MrDibbs19
01-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Jseoul i for the 06 RSX-S i like the PowerGetter, i have it and its not loud at all and but the sound it puts out is very nice

DC2_JDM_ITR_KID
01-29-2007, 09:41 PM
get the gretty exhaust that sound like the apexi world sport like the my integra sounds so sick my boy has it on his rsx!!! not loud at all