PDA

View Full Version : Anyone into local bands?

Twin_Cam
05-29-2005, 02:00 PM
I was at a punk/ska show last night with some friends. There were two bands there, GSR from Philly and Long Shot Hero from West Chester, and they ****ing rocked. Long Shot Hero is doing a show June 18th at Middletown Community Park, I highly recommend going and seeing them. Because they rock hardcore.

Where has this ska stuff been all my life? :rock:

Discuss :D

1988 Olds
05-29-2005, 03:00 PM
No they suck. I'm friends with all the kids in WillPowerless if you've heard of them.

the mike
05-29-2005, 03:21 PM
I was IN a local band. Does that count? :cool:

This are is kinda dead for local music. Everyone wants a cover band or Zeppelin tribute band. :thumbdow:

ot/anyone know any mid to high 20's punk drummers? ;)

wrx_snobordr
05-29-2005, 07:49 PM
I was IN a local band. Does that count? :cool:

This are is kinda dead for local music. Everyone wants a cover band or Zeppelin tribute band. :thumbdow:

ot/anyone know any mid to high 20's punk drummers? ;)

kinda dead???? I dont know what your on but this area has many good local bands. Trunk full of dead boidies, sometime in april, zolof the rock and roll destroyer, circa survive (are big now), the deadly, nora is from right over in jersey... this is just off the top of my head and im not even to big into the local scene.

However, i am not into ska. Just not my thing.

the mike
05-29-2005, 08:42 PM
I am not saying that there aren't any bands out here, we played with a lot of good(and bad ;) ) bands.
My biggest gripe is the classifieds in this area. If there are drummers, they are hiding well... :wiggle:

99SL2_Modder
05-29-2005, 08:48 PM
sometime in april

I got my autographed CD in my car. :finga: :rock: :supz:

Helps knowing the drummers mother.

WhiteXFire
05-30-2005, 01:19 AM
I just got my friend to start teaching me guitar...about 20 hours ago. I'll be practicing all summer. Does that count??

SilverTurboRidin
05-30-2005, 01:21 AM
i went to school with the bass player in sometime in april

BlackBulletTSi
05-30-2005, 04:53 AM
I played drums all my life :supz: until I went to Tech School then I never had time to play after that really. I had a band to we just jammed alot never really did much with it. My set is now in my shed till I decide to break it out and play again. God I used to love playing drums! I used to be damn good to if I don't say so myself. ALOT of people thought so to.

suprisingly a good pace to find local music is on MySpace. I am friends with a band called Throdl I feel you guys might all like.

SexyDSM95
05-30-2005, 01:09 PM
I like the band Illinois, when I use to work at the bar the manager is in it.

sfd
05-30-2005, 02:22 PM
No they suck. I'm friends with all the kids in WillPowerless if you've heard of them.

they still exist?

i played in my first band a few years ago, haha. we werent very good. but it was fun. too bad the guys were hella nervous on stage. actually, we played at spring break out like 2 years ago with them.