PDA

View Full Version : 1G clutch question

x2fast4u57x
11-26-2006, 06:15 PM
I have a 1g awd turbo talon. and i just got done replaceing the clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, etc.. I got everything back togather and went to start up the car, The car started but it was making a noise then the noise went away, when i went to push back in the clutch again the car shut up, then i started it back up again and sparks started to fly. Could that be because of the starter messing up the flywheel or what.. Let me know what you think, thanks

x2fast4u57x
11-26-2006, 11:08 PM
somebody help..:help:

enigma
11-26-2006, 11:50 PM
Where did the sparks come from?

awdlaserbeam
11-27-2006, 12:21 AM
you need a little more detail before anyone can reasonably help you...

all you said was you replaced your clutch, it was making noise, then you backed up and saw sparks... that doesnt give much indication to anything....

x2fast4u57x
11-27-2006, 03:55 PM
sorry, Sparks started to fly from around the bellhousing up around the top of the tranny. Before it really got worse i shut the car off to stop from messing anything up.

UGotSchooledByaGirl
11-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Hmmm... have you done a clutch in this car before or is this the first time? my guess is sounds like you didnt do something right.I would Take it apart make sure the flywheel isnt cracked or scored make sure the disc is on correctly and use the alignment tool to align the clutch and bearing up.Double check your pressure plate as wellto make sure something didnt break and try again... This time use the alignment tool and make sure its on right.

Make sure nothing was caught up in the ring around the flywheel and make sure the teeth on the starter match up with the teeth on the flywheel.Its uncommon but possibe they gave you the wrong flywheel or the flywheel is warped or out of alignment..Also was the noise like a scraping sound or something was stuck in there?

Moreinfo please.. Scaraping sound grinding sound is this the first time you have replaced Any or AL of these components and what was the manufacturer on the clutch and flywheel as well.Are allthe bolts torqued to spec etc... AS in more info this is what people need to appropriately help you.

awdlaserbeam
11-28-2006, 12:09 AM
I would try and peek into your transmission and check out your clutch fork and throw out bearing. make sure everything is engauging and disengauging properly.

awdlaserbeam
11-28-2006, 12:09 AM
Are your grounds back on properly?

x2fast4u57x
11-28-2006, 04:13 PM
ok thanks, i will try all of that and see if i see whats wrong... but grounds could be causeing that..?

UGotSchooledByaGirl
11-28-2006, 04:35 PM
yeah.. IF its not making much contact or cotacting the wrong place.

RyanG
12-02-2006, 03:22 PM
IB you didn't tighten up the starter power and ground all the way and they are hitting something :)

Honest_Bob
12-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Yeah, a loose ground could possibly throw some sparkies.

koho2731
12-02-2006, 06:01 PM
How the is a gnd wire going to spark? Unless you have all the other gnd off the engine. Then it is all ready gnd'd and will not spark. However if it was only when you put the key to start then starter could be arcing out. I would look at the starter wires and if they look good pull the dust cover off the tranyand see how the clutch and flywheel look.