PDA

View Full Version : what should I do next?

drew
11-12-2006, 02:13 AM
I've got about a grand to play with and can't decied what to do.. right now all I have done is I/E ground wires and voltage stabilizer. I have 3 ideas but don't know what to go with..

1.) n20, probably a zex wet kit, window switch, and purge ~$700 plus labor to install

2.) headers to complete me i/h/e, ~$300-700 + tons of labor problem is the install time on the v6 is like 6-7 hours and i can't do it myself so I'm going to pay out the ass for labor

3.) intake manifold and center plenum, ~$570 i can do myself

EvlEgl
11-12-2006, 02:23 AM
Spray the bitch

Best bang for the buck Mod and will net the most gains.

drew
11-12-2006, 02:25 AM
would I be okay running without a warmer until spring? I'm going to grab a pressure gauge, blow down tube, and warmer in the spring time ( for the track ) but until then I plan on running a really small, infrequent shot ( like 55 ) on stock plugs/timing, and no fuel tuning or anything

sesolcSTI
11-12-2006, 03:48 AM
Im having a hard time believing that it takes 6-7hrs to install a header?????

gary
11-12-2006, 07:02 AM
Uhh I say you finish learning to drive stick next... hahah I had to sorry.

Yes it does take a long time since especially the rear is a bitch to get to. The quickest I have heard someone doing it is 4 hours and the longest is +14hrs. Its not an easy install.

Now on the the question....

To keep the reliability:
Headers and look for a tuner after that.

Most HP for the $$$
Shoot that thing up but I would recommend 1 step cooler plug also.

Gorilla Unit 33
11-12-2006, 08:37 AM
2.) headers to complete me i/h/e, ~$300-700 + tons of labor problem is the install time on the v6 is like 6-7 hours and i can't do it myself so I'm going to pay out the ass for labor. So ill probably pay Gorilla Unit, 50 bucks and a case of Coors Light so, him and a friend can come install it for me CORRECTLY and I wont have to pay 100+ from a normal shop

i think thats your best option plus im local. Also Nitrous companies suggest you do NOT use it with stock exhaust what so ever. Plus Headers are a SAFER way to gain horse power without having to risk the chance of blowing **** up with nitrous.

plan on running a really small, infrequent shot ( like 55 ) on stock plugs/timing, and no fuel tuning or anything
IMHO spraying on stock plugs and TIMING especially isnt a good idea at all

turbo4g63
11-12-2006, 12:15 PM
i think thats your best option plus im local. Also Nitrous companies suggest you do NOT use it with stock exhaust what so ever. Plus Headers are a SAFER way to gain horse power without having to risk the chance of blowing **** up with nitrous.

:iagree:

drew
11-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Uhh I say you finish learning to drive stick next... hahah I had to sorry.

Yes it does take a long time since especially the rear is a bitch to get to. The quickest I have heard someone doing it is 4 hours and the longest is +14hrs. Its not an easy install.

Now on the the question....

To keep the reliability:
Headers and look for a tuner after that.

Most HP for the $$$
Shoot that thing up but I would recommend 1 step cooler plug also.

gahaha you jerk :[

I'm going with headers, I actually bought the SSA ones because the DC's seem to have terrible fittament, the hotshots seem to be on a 6 month backorder, and i havn't heard anything bad about ssa

yeah that's what I was thinking, on the tiburon forum I'm seeing most people saying a 50 shot is as high as you can go without going with colder plugs and still be safe. but, every engine is a little different and you never know..