PDA

View Full Version : Questions about my first possible DSM

awdturbo
11-08-2006, 11:40 PM
91 mitsu Galant VR-4
Car is in mint cond. Both Exterior and Interior

Car has: This is a Galant VR-4 in excelent condition with alot of mods. My brother is selling it for financial reasons. Its clean,it idles perfectly, and runs like new. Ac blows cold as ice, and heat works well. Everything is intact, Power windows, P/ steering. Also has Hid's and Fogs intact.

Fully built motor with 1100 mls on it.: Eagle/Ross .30 over 8.5-1.- ARP head, rods, main bolts stainless stock valves.Cometic 4 layer H/gasket. Crower Springs/retainers. FP 2X cams. 750 CC inj. Aeromotive FPR. Walbro 255.

Drivetrain: B/new Fidanza Flywheel, B/New ACT 2900 Clutch. 4 bolt rear. 4WS Eliminated. 3rd Gen RX-7 Wheels painted Gold and clear coated. Evo 8 supension with Tien springs.-SS brake lines. Cross drilled rotors-Hawk pads.

Turbo/intercooler: SCM 61 Turbo, HKS 40 mm External W/gate. Indy Street Core 24x8x3.5. Greddy bov Type R. Hallman in ****pit Boost controller.

Electonics: SAFC-1. GM MAF w/ Translator ( blow thru style) EGT gauge. Boost gauge (35 psi)

All Belts seals and everything. Just done all the work in Aug. Has most of the reciepts and paper work for the car.

Pics:http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k295/cwoodhouse/galant1/

Now how much is this car worth? and What should i look out for before i buy it?
I cant wait to have my first DSM.

TalonTsi97
11-08-2006, 11:53 PM
Is this the one on ebay? It is a vr-4 and looks to be in good condition as well as have a nice mod list, not bad as far as miles. Cars like this i have seen for sale for 4k and up. I mean who knows what they exactly sold for but unless its in real bad condition most vr4's sell for good money. The only thing i would look into would be a differant tuning setup for few reasons, easier to tune, get more power out of it, and to be on the safe side. Other then that definetly do all the normal car buying stuff when looking at it and get all the paperwork info about the car so your sure the work was done. I dont know if i reccomend a car this modded as someones first dsm, but if your good with cars and the price is rite then go for it.
good luck and keep us updated

awdturbo
11-09-2006, 07:09 AM
well i've owned a srt-4 and i work for GM as a techician for a living so im good with cars. The car on ebay is the car it didnt sell. He wants $7500 and i was wondering if that was fair or steep.