PDA

View Full Version : BEER and PIZZA for some HELP!!!!

subbietunin
11-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Hey, I've been working on subbies for a while now, but one thing I have not had to do is change spark plugs. I am getting a missfire code and am having NGK iridiums overnighted so i can get them in ASAP...I normally do almost all of the work on my car myself, but I had heard this was a pain in the @$$ to do. I have not been able to find a local mechanic who will do it for under $225-$250. If anyone has done this before and would be willing to spare an hour or so of their day this sunday, I would supply them with an endless amount of beer and pizza(for that time) and maybe even a little extra to go home with. Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks

oh, and i am located in sayville, NY (thats about half-way out on Long Island)but would be willing to drive a bit for some help

ej20wrx123
11-07-2006, 08:53 PM
its very easy if you have the right size extension. The coil packs are help in by 2 screws and then they pop off. Then all you need is a spark plug socket and about a 3-4in extension and a socket wrench of course. I think the service manual says that you have to jack the motor up to get to some but thats just BS w/ the right tools

StreetEG
11-11-2006, 01:40 PM
IM in for the Pizza and beer---I dont know a thing about spark plugs on that retared motor but ill drink and eat all day

Renegade_
11-11-2006, 03:13 PM
IM in for the Pizza and beer---I dont know a thing about spark plugs on that retared motor but ill drink and eat all day
EJ motors are easy once you get used to them, but I will admit they make more sense N/A (in terms of engine orientation) than they do turbo.