PDA

View Full Version : Hello New Jersey!

ShortBus
11-07-2006, 10:03 AM
Hey kids! This weekend I'm drumming in the Annual Groove Merchant Drum and Dance Ensemble show. I know that ethnic drumming and dancing isn't really your typical Saturday night fare, but if you're looking for something to do, I'd totally appreciate a showing from the good folks at TriState.

We've got 4 full-time drummers, and some of the dancers get down and play, too. We'll be doing Middle-Eastern, African and Fusion percussion and Dance numbers. The shindig kicks off this Saturday night at 8pm at the Academy Theatre in Bordentown, NJ. It's right next to Mastori's Diner on 130. Really. They share a parking lot.

You can order tickets here: www.drumdancecenter.com/events.html

FYI (ShortBus gets serious for a second here): These are Middle Eastern/African/Fusion dancers. Take whatever preconception you have about 'Belly Dancers' and toss them right out the window. This is not I Dream of Genie. These ladies are artists and performers of ethnic dances with roots that are centuries old. They are NOT strippers, and they are NOT shaking it. No dollars, no cat calls. If you show up, (and I hope you do), and show disrespect to these folks, I'll have to step off the stage and smash your immature face with a mallet. Please don't make me do that.
/serious

Aaaanyway yeah. If you're looking for something completely out of the ordinary this weekend, and want to support a growing arts center, please hop online, snag a ticket, and come out and see the show!:supz:

Lux
11-07-2006, 10:37 AM
Lux + O2GGA + Roommie!