PDA

View Full Version : i dont know why the CEL keeps coming on??

fastjim
10-29-2006, 11:54 AM
ok i have a 05 wrx and my cel keeps coming on with a lean fuel code.. i have a helix uppipe and an invidia v2 downpipe and the helix CEL fix.. but all of a sudden lately the light will come on and id get it erased and then a day or two later it will come back on.. ive noticed that it comes on when im going slow like 25 or less.. im just wonderin if it is because im not tuned or maybe my CEL fix isnt working or could it be something else..

licensedtothrill
10-29-2006, 05:24 PM
deleting the CEL code wont get rid of it for good. Once what ever started teh error trips again it will coem up. I have a constant CEL light in my mustang from the EGR valve. i just delete it every now and then just to see it come back up again a day later. the only way to stop it from tripping the CEL light is to fix the problem or to blcok it from sending the signal to the ecu.

Renegade_
10-29-2006, 05:32 PM
check for exhaust leaks

My car said I was running lean and thats because I had a massive exhaust leak from the headers to the cat section. I still have a leak but when I patched that up, the cel went away, now an o2 sensor is dead but thats another story...