PDA

View Full Version : Looking for EVO Maintenence help?

gsrboi80
10-27-2006, 11:50 AM
Hey guys Im new to this site but have been an EVOM member for quite some time. You can check my feedback rating on there.

I'd like anyone who might need help or like to have things done for them to be able to have someone local to help them out. I can help you guys out with pretty much any job that needs to be done on these's cars. I own an TB 03 and my GF has an WW 04. If its somthing that requires a lift I can get access there as well. Other stuff I can do out of my driveway. Let me know maintencnce (fluids, brake jobs,clutches), mods, logging with EVOSCAN. Id be more than happy to you guys out.

I live in Northeast PA 1/2 the time and in NJ 1/2 the time most all work would have to be done in PA if you need my tools.

Let me know
Luke

TROLL
10-30-2006, 03:01 PM
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you're offering to do all of this work for free... otherwise you will need to become a vendor to advertise your services here. If you might be interested in that then click the "advertise with us" link at the top of the page to learn a bit more about becoming a vendor...
bryan

gsrboi80
10-30-2006, 03:54 PM
Yea man thats cool I didnt realize sorry. I dont own a shop nor do I have a shop affiliation. I was just offering a cheap wrench to anyone on the site that may need EVO maintenence/mod work done. Since ive done pretty much anything that can come along with one of these cars. Please delete the sorry

olsookie
10-31-2006, 04:12 PM
i'm having issues w/ the p0300 code... lol, but than again, who the hell isn't! any pointers?

05, w/ BR TBE w/ Cat and SS o2 and Extended 02 bung, HKS RS intake, GSC 272/264 cams, Full IC Piping connected to Perrin FMIC w/ Greddy RS BOV, dynoflash

ToTheIX's
10-31-2006, 05:21 PM
i'm having issues w/ the p0300 code... lol, but than again, who the hell isn't! any pointers?

05, w/ BR TBE w/ Cat and SS o2 and Extended 02 bung, HKS RS intake, GSC 272/264 cams, Full IC Piping connected to Perrin FMIC w/ Greddy RS BOV, dynoflash

i wouldnt be suprised if it had somethin to do with the flash

gsrboi80
11-01-2006, 07:17 AM

Al uasually updates the flashes he does to the latest anti P0300 from mitsu.
I could tell by looking at your ROM image through ECUflash.
What plugs are you running and what are they gapped to? That can play a major factor in the dreaded P0300.

Are you on a main in flash our did he tune you in person?

Run NGK BPR7ES plugs gapped to .026 see how that does. If you still get the code call Al and tell him, he'll try to remedy it for you

olsookie
11-02-2006, 10:07 AM
I just bought a generic flash for now.

it started occurring about 3 weeks after the cams and flash install.

i swapped the stock plugs for the irridiums 8's and they are gapped at 27-28. i will change the gap down to .26 and see if that helps out.

yea, i've tried to contact al by email and have pm'd wartalon on EVOM for some assistance but didn't have any success.

Which part of the flash gives you the code? Is it the Immobilizer? I went through and took my stock flash and updates everything accordingly to the flash that al sent me. I also looked at the flash that my friend received to see how different it was from my flash. (We both received mail in flashes from Al) and i noticed that he had a different immobilizer code than i did.

gsrboi80
11-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Your Immobilizer is the transponder code from your key to your ECU. Anti-theft. Cant start the car without it. Has nothing to do with anything else. Its in the Rom Def and the maps that cause the P0300. With your mods there is no reason to be running plugs with a 8 heat range go back to the stock 7. BPR7ES gapped to 0.026-0.027 is ok. After that do like I said and contact Al tell him your getting the P0300 he'll update your map. Hope this helps

olsookie
11-02-2006, 04:13 PM
excellent. I will do that.

only reason i went to the 8 heat range is because NGK recommends for every like 80-100 hp you increase you should run 1 range colder. i'll find the article later and post it. but no biggie, i'll get a set of stock plugs, anything is worth a shot ;)

gsrboi80
11-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Really on an EVO you wont need to step down a heat range untill you add alky or a bigger turbo. Get NGK BPR7ES they are not the stock plugs. But they are the stock heat range. The stock plugs are irridium and these are copper which means youll need to change them every 6k or so. But trust me your EVO will thank you

olsookie
11-03-2006, 12:11 AM
excellent. i will get a set and let you know how i make out.