PDA

View Full Version : How about we actually have a nice little race???

krnhaze
05-19-2005, 10:36 PM
How about we actually have a nice race somewhere... No car restrictions unless its likea 800hp supra or soemtin like that... Just nice various car race... Im thinking the only restriction be like 400 hp??

Aaron
05-19-2005, 10:40 PM
A bunch of the guys set up small meets at atco. Watch for those.

SexyDSM95
05-19-2005, 10:42 PM
How about we actually have a nice race somewhere... No car restrictions unless its likea 800hp supra or soemtin like that... Just nice various car race... Im thinking the only restriction be like 400 hp??
How about...you go to ATCO Thursday and/or Friday?

slavetothemuzic
05-19-2005, 10:55 PM
Anyone have a URL for Atco?

I'd like to find out things like...directions...safety rules, etc etc.

SexyDSM95
05-19-2005, 11:02 PM
1.) NHRA is where to find all the rules...ATCO just may link you
2.) Google is your friend
3.) So is mapquest

http://www.atcorace.com/
I will be there tomorrow so if anyone wants to go just PM or IM me if you need further help getting there or you don't understand how the process works.

1988 Olds
05-19-2005, 11:02 PM
www.atcorace.com I think. I'm down for some street racing.

slavetothemuzic
05-19-2005, 11:35 PM
1.) NHRA is where to find all the rules...ATCO just may link you
2.) Google is your friend
3.) So is mapquest

http://www.atcorace.com/I did try google. Everything in NJ was saying they were within minutes of Atco, but Atco themselves didn't come up. Thanks for the link.

I won't be going tomorrow, but sometime very soon.

SexyDSM95
05-19-2005, 11:45 PM
Welp like I said if you still have questions about the staging areas, pricing, rules, etc. Don't be afraid to PM or IM me and ask!

slavetothemuzic
05-20-2005, 12:12 AM
Welp like I said if you still have questions about the staging areas, pricing, rules, etc. Don't be afraid to PM or IM me and ask!I definitely will. I did find in the rules at nhra.com that I'm going to need a helmet, so I've started looking online for one of those.

Once I have that all set, I'll be making a trip down there.

teezer212
05-20-2005, 12:13 AM
arent you the most helpful thing ..............

HickRocket1258
05-20-2005, 09:01 AM
NJ requires a helmet no matter how fast you are going and anywhere besides NJ requires one if your going faster than 13.99.

Blaise
05-20-2005, 09:20 AM
NJ requires a helmet no matter how fast you are going and anywhere besides NJ requires one if your going faster than 13.99.

Also, convertibles require a rollbar if you go faster than 13.99, IIRC.

LSHatch
05-20-2005, 09:32 AM

Only NHRA tracks require that, i.e. Englishtown. Supposedly it's been bumped down to 13.59 though.

doug
05-20-2005, 12:21 PM
I freakin hate atco's staging.. because they MAKE you go through the water box.. it's a pain for us people using radials... they shouldnt really put the water spray between the concrete walls.

SexyDSM95
05-20-2005, 01:08 PM

Only NHRA tracks require that, i.e. Englishtown. Supposedly it's been bumped down to 13.59 though.
The only rules I know is 11.49 for an 8 point roll cage and you must have a scattershield for cars that are not convertible . Helmets you can rent/use at ATCO for an additional $3 (and you trade them you license).

SexyDSM95
05-20-2005, 01:10 PM
I freakin hate atco's staging.. because they MAKE you go through the water box.. it's a pain for us people using radials... they shouldnt really put the water spray between the concrete walls.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: You baby...that's what AWD is for [j/k]

For some reason I like ATCO over Maple Grove. So I go there...I will go to Maple Grove once in a blue moon. But no ATCO today, effin rain :finga:

doug
05-20-2005, 01:11 PM
And what do you drive, Sandra..? pics?

I'm actually going to test drive an EVO whenever it's not raining... but I'll blow the doors off an evo right now... but I dunno, im tired of front wheel drive.

LSHatch
05-20-2005, 01:14 PM
The only rules I know is 11.49 for an 8 point roll cage and you must have a scattershield for cars that are not convertible . Helmets you can rent/use at ATCO for an additional $3 (and you trade them you license).

Put down the weed. We are talking about convertibles. Hippy.

SexyDSM95
05-20-2005, 01:18 PM
Put down the weed. We are talking about convertibles. Hippy.My car is not a convertible so I was just stating the only rule I know for roll bars. Jeebus Christ! You put down the hash pipe hippy. With your stupid flowly long hair that you never wash. Plus, who the hell wears sandals with socks?!??!?!? YOU j/k

doug: I drive a 95 Eclipse (2g) GSX, and I am saving up my money for crank walk :supz: ;) My car is stupid and slow...hehehe Did I just read you right? You will blow the doors off an Evo...from a roll? Evo's are fun little cars, what's so great about them is that you can buy turbo kits for them for an easy 500HP peak. My #1 love about turbo charged cars is throwing on a larger turbo and increasing HP/CFM almost double.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/425000-425999/425684_57_full.jpg
This is an old pic before I threw up on my suspension set up and 97 front bumper. I will get more/better pics as soon as the weather starts to clear up. I am at the meets almost every Thursday....

P.S. Rain/Snow + AWD = Fun

LSHatch
05-20-2005, 01:23 PM
My car is not a convertible so I was just stating the only rule I know for roll bars. Jeebus Christ! You put down the hash pipe hippy. With your stupid flowly long hair that you never wash. Plus, who the hell wears sandals with socks?!??!?!? YOU j/k

You want some cheese to go with that whine?

I never wear sandals. You have shaggy, dirty hippy hair.

I think I might go make a spotted thread about you, so you stop whining.

SexyDSM95
05-20-2005, 01:25 PM
You want some cheese to go with that whine?

I never wear sandals. You have shaggy, dirty hippy hair.

I think I might go make a spotted thread about you, so you stop whining.
Good! So you can finally admit to stalking me too. And yes I would like some cheese to go with my wine, preferabbly sharp cheddar. And I don't have shaggy hair, I take showers unlike yourself. I knew there was something at the meet last night that smelled worse than that Cobra Type R converted rustang.

97TSi
05-20-2005, 01:28 PM
Crankwalk is over-rated and not documented well enough. Every time some moron blows their 7 bolt they automatically call it "crankwalk" w/out inspecting. Don't worry about cwalk. If it happens it happens. Mod your car and go fast and have fun. I have almost 125k on my 97 (according to the stats, the most likely to cwalk) and she's been at the 300+hp mark for the past 6-7 months. I beat on her daily at 20lbs and she sees 25+ at the track. Still ticking. Sorry if this is OT.

doug
05-20-2005, 01:29 PM
Man you guys are brutal :cry:

Yeah.. I'll take a stock/lightly modded evo right now.. but I'd like to own one.. easy upgrade=easy power with those things.

SexyDSM95
05-20-2005, 01:33 PM
Crankwalk is over-rated and not documented well enough. Every time some moron blows their 7 bolt they automatically call it "crankwalk" w/out inspecting. Don't worry about cwalk. If it happens it happens. Mod your car and go fast and have fun. I have almost 125k on my 97 (according to the stats, the most likely to cwalk) and she's been at the 300+hp mark for the past 6-7 months. I beat on her daily at 20lbs and she sees 25+ at the track. Still ticking. Sorry if this is OT.Hehe it's okay dude, I was being sarcastic. There are tons of people on Philly DSM running low/mid 11's and 12's with no problem on their stock 7 bolts. I have 115,xxx on my odometer and beat my car up every now and then (track/street wise) and do the maintinence on it that's suppose to be done. But, I agree, if the car is taken care of and maintained it shouldn't be a huge problem. I honestly think DSM's break so much because people constantly beat the crap out of them and the drivetrain can't handle it after a certain extent.

LSHatch
05-20-2005, 01:38 PM
Good! So you can finally admit to stalking me too. And yes I would like some cheese to go with my wine, preferabbly sharp cheddar. And I don't have shaggy hair, I take showers unlike yourself. I knew there was something at the meet last night that smelled worse than that Cobra Type R converted rustang.

I admitted to it last night. :roll:

How about some Gorganzola? Oh, the Type R mustang that is super duper fast? Being that the Cobra R is made for the road course. I'd like to see that thing on a track.

SexyDSM95
05-20-2005, 01:41 PM
Oh, the Type R mustang that is super duper fast? Being that the Cobra R is made for the road course. I'd like to see that thing on a track.I would love to see it on the same road as me in the snow or today (rain)...if I saw it today I would love to see his front bumper catch me to attempt to move me out of the way. That is, of course, because my car is soooo slow :roll:

SilverTurboRidin
05-20-2005, 01:43 PM
god damn you too....every topic i read its you two bickering take it to PM's !! LOL

SexyDSM95
05-20-2005, 01:45 PM
god damn you too....every topic i read its you two bickering take it to PM's !! LOLIt's a lovers quarrel so GTFO!

LSHatch
05-20-2005, 01:52 PM
god damn you too....every topic i read its you two bickering take it to PM's !! LOL

It's going on in there too.

We got married last night, the arguing has already started. :lol:

SexyDSM95
05-20-2005, 01:57 PM

Effin right...check the sig bish :finga:

99ElectronBlueCivicSi
05-20-2005, 01:58 PM

haha Mrs. LSHatch :supz:

SilverTurboRidin
05-20-2005, 01:59 PM

My god have pitty on you..... lmfao

SexyDSM95
05-20-2005, 02:00 PM
My god have pitty on you..... lmfao
You're just jealous both our cars are faster.... :roll: [j/k]

LSHatch
05-20-2005, 02:00 PM

Hahahahahhahahah!!!!!

SilverTurboRidin
05-20-2005, 02:05 PM
This just proves the famous TST theory.

EVERY girl that comes on the site. Will end up with another member from the site. Or will do something with another member.

Thats infamous.

Statistically speaking, you will sleep with somebody on this board. Choose wisely. Oh and, welcome. :P

SexyDSM95
05-20-2005, 02:07 PM
This just proves the famous TST theory.

EVERY girl that comes on the site. Will end up with another member from the site. Or will do something with another member.

Thats infamous.

Statistically speaking, you will sleep with somebody on this board. Choose wisely. Oh and, welcome. :P
EW...you seriously think we sleep in the same bed? No thank God for cyber sex [j/k] and n00dz [j/k?]

slavetothemuzic
05-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Oh, the Type R mustang that is super duper fast? Being that the Cobra R is made for the road course. I'd like to see that thing on a track.Maybe he has the more rare type AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR (say it in your head in a pirate voice, lol) kit. http://www.aaroncarr.com/images/smileys/twitch.gif

LSHatch
05-20-2005, 02:16 PM
Maybe he has the more rare type AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR (say it in your head in a pirate voice, lol) kit. http://www.aaroncarr.com/images/smileys/twitch.gif

Look at my post in the Gallery.

Type AARRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

slavetothemuzic
05-20-2005, 02:22 PM
Maybe he has the more rare type AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR (say it in your head in a pirate voice, lol) kit. http://www.aaroncarr.com/images/smileys/twitch.gif

Look at my post in the Gallery.

Type AARRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!It's definitely one of those two. lol

SexyDSM95
05-20-2005, 02:28 PM
OMFG LMFAO you guys crack me the eff' up.

03tarmacblack
05-20-2005, 04:07 PM
And what do you drive, Sandra..? pics?

I'm actually going to test drive an EVO whenever it's not raining... but I'll blow the doors off an evo right now... but I dunno, im tired of front wheel drive.
Maybe a stock evo if you can hook, but ill run you for fun if you want....

noreaga0221
05-20-2005, 06:43 PM

Its actually a 5 point cage for 11.49s. Scattershield, sfi approved fw and clutch and driveshaft loop all requirements for that I'm pretty sure. Also need a fire jacket and 3 or 5 point harness. And verts need a 5 point after 13.49s.

Come on sandra, hasn't jim taught you anything? ;)

SexyDSM95
05-20-2005, 07:56 PM
I don' get it.... :help:

noreaga0221
05-22-2005, 12:55 PM
Jim M. I'm assuming thats where you got your info about rollbars from.

HickRocket1258
05-22-2005, 01:29 PM

Its actually a 5 point cage for 11.49s. Scattershield, sfi approved fw and clutch and driveshaft loop all requirements for that I'm pretty sure. Also need a fire jacket and 3 or 5 point harness. And verts need a 5 point after 13.49s.

Actually no all you need is a rollbar at 11.49 and a rollbar if you are a convertible at 13.49. Get a rulebook. ;)

slavetothemuzic
05-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Actually no all you need is a rollbar at 11.49 and a rollbar if you are a convertible at 13.49. Get a rulebook. ;)Do you happen to know the number of points specified for the convertible rollbar? (I know I know...I need to get a rulebook)

Great info in this thread BTW. http://www.aaroncarr.com/images/smileys/hbang2.gif

LSHatch
05-22-2005, 03:58 PM
Do you happen to know the number of points specified for the convertible rollbar? (I know I know...I need to get a rulebook)

Great info in this thread BTW. http://www.aaroncarr.com/images/smileys/hbang2.gif

Most likely just your basic 4 point roll bar. goes back behind the rear seats to the shock towers and bolts up behind the front seats. Pretty simple bars needed for those times in drag racing.

SexyDSM95
05-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Jim M. I'm assuming thats where you got your info about rollbars from.
No, I got the info from your thread awhile back when they had the rule change. :finga:

noreaga0221
05-22-2005, 10:59 PM
http://www.nhra.com/2004/news/november/110102.html

They don't specify the points but I'll bet its a 5 point; a standard 4 point and one arm extending past the driver side. www.jmfabrications.com educated me.