PDA

View Full Version : shop question?

coco5316
01-22-2005, 07:02 PM
I am trying to gauge intrest in a shop. A shop that would do installs and swaps and pretty much anything you can think of.

How far would you drive for a shop to work on your car?
Would you go check out a new shop in the area if you just saw it?
Would anyone be interested in an AWD dyno.

coco5316
01-22-2005, 07:03 PM
thanks for your input.

PSI Chick
01-22-2005, 09:20 PM
it would help if you said where you were located so that hte local people could give input.....

piker28
01-22-2005, 09:47 PM
no hes asking as..

where your located right now how far would you go to a shop, doesnt matter north south eas west whatever just how far would you travel out of your home to get work done

mazda6guy
01-22-2005, 10:15 PM
Man that is what I figured when I read the thread. I would travel to a shop for some quality work especially if I know the person is a member of the TST forum. :mrgreen:

coco5316
01-22-2005, 10:45 PM
thanks piker28, you got what i meant! from your home right now, how far would you drive to a shop

Smokescreen
01-22-2005, 10:59 PM
This sounds like "The Shop" thread ..but its okay.

I'd drive about 2 hours from my house to get work done but that puts me in Percision's (NJ) and Xotic's (PA) range. Then there is Car Version 2 in DE which is less than an hour and are about to get an AWD dyno. They started in a small shop on Web Street and just moved into a bigger facility last April. Not to mention it takes alot of capital to aquire an AWD dyno.

PSI Chick
01-23-2005, 02:28 AM
for me it would matter what services are available and who's going to be working on the car.

i don't really take my car to shops anyway, i prefer to do everything here or at a friend's house. the only place that works on my car is a shop in queens that is about 45 mintues from me. i go there because i know the owner and i know that he won't screw me over or let someone who doesn't know the car work on it. as of last week my boyfriend started working there as well, so now i definetly have no worries. that is the only shop that i go to, and probably will go to.

i think it matters more about who's working there and what their abilities are over the distance to the shop. we drove 3 hours to get a roll cage in pa because that's the best that there is. i also drive a half hour to an exhaust shop because the guy i know there is the only one i trust to work on my exhaust. i trust him so much that we literally are putting our lives in his hands as he is welding in the roll cage in the mustang.

people are willing to drive if you offer them a good service at a good price. that's the most important thing really.

nysofmind
01-23-2005, 09:42 PM
there are a ton of subaru's in rochester. I know your in alfred, but you could probably get good business up here

mv420xx
01-24-2005, 01:39 PM
im traveling 150 miles for a install and tune... :drag:

auk113
01-24-2005, 07:19 PM
if its a good shop i would go about 120miles

about the dino, make sure the dino can go 2wd and 4wd