PDA

View Full Version : hot wires vs cool wires ?

drew
10-16-2006, 03:15 PM
what's the difference? I found someone selling some nology wires used for about a month really cheap, but are they really worth it? I don't think with my car they would make any real difference, and to be honest I don't even know what the whole hot/cool wires thing is.

CHAOS
10-16-2006, 03:54 PM
on N/A cars ive seen some pretty big gains with just grounding out the entire engine bay at key points... i dunno wtf ur talking about with hot and cool wires... i think nology just calls them that for marketing reasons... how much r they asking?

drew
10-16-2006, 04:24 PM
on N/A cars ive seen some pretty big gains with just grounding out the entire engine bay at key points... i dunno wtf ur talking about with hot and cool wires... i think nology just calls them that for marketing reasons... how much r they asking?

80 bucks

i was thinking about getting them and making a DIY grounding kit, but i dont want to waste money if it's for nothing..

CHAOS
10-16-2006, 04:33 PM
well do some research on the tiburon boards... im sure someone has them... alot of what grounding does.. or did on my old car... was smooth things out... so it might not gain you any real power but the smoothness could be worth it... and $80 for nology's is good.

TROLL
10-16-2006, 05:07 PM
please dont just put everything into general car chat... start your threads in the most specific forum available to you that pertains to the subject...

Silverfc88
10-16-2006, 06:24 PM
I say go with a set of Magnecor, MSD or even stock NGK's. I'm running the MSD's right now and I really like them. I've had them for about 4 years and they have been great! I'll be getting another set shortly.

Here is more info on wires. http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/main.htm

Click on The Truth About Ignition Wire Conductors

CHAOS
10-16-2006, 06:48 PM
after all the problems the probe/mx6 guys (my old car) had with the magnecor's id stay away from them,

Silverfc88
10-16-2006, 06:52 PM
after all the problems the probe/mx6 guys (my old car) had with the magnecor's id stay away from them,

Hmmm I guess I'll have to try a set of MSD's on the Talon then. :) The car came with a set of Magnecor's. I've never really heard any problems with Magnecors though.

antlip
10-16-2006, 06:54 PM
i got magnacore wires on my chevelle and not a single problem there. doesnt get alot of miles on it but she runs like a champ.

i got magnacore wires on my gsx as well. i bought them with less than 1000 miles (or so i was told) on them for 50 bucks and they have been problem free too.