PDA

View Full Version : Evo BOV ?

redline
10-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Will the stock 9 BOV hold up too 24 PSI, If not what Recirc. Should I go with, or make a recommendation. "MAF Vehicle"

Silverfc88
10-11-2006, 08:43 PM
I was wondering the same thing. About how much boost will the stock BOV hold up to before it leaks?

wgknestrick
10-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Ideal setup:
Tial BOV and blow thru MAF after the BOV

Any other:
Keep stocker

Your BOV really isn't the main reason you can't hold that kind of pressure. Turbo eff (if still on stock turbo) and intake leaks are much bigger suspects.

The best thing to do is rig up a test plug (plumbing cap with valve stem) and pressurize the whole system to 24psi. Soap down the tubing and BOV. If it bubbles, it is leaking. If not, you saved $200 on a BOV. Realize you will probably get some leakage thru your valves and piston rings, but it will still bubble at any external leaks.

markley02
10-11-2006, 08:57 PM
it will hold 24. at least mine does.

redline
10-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks guys I really dont want the sound of an aftermarket BOV but I've also heard the opposite of the stocker. Ill keep it and see what happens:thumbup: I plan to do U/L ICP kit, will the stocker still work or do I have to upgrade.

slowevo
10-12-2006, 12:46 AM
yea they leak over 24psi. If you want to hold more(but 22psi is really the max for the stock evo bov) you can do two things. 1. but some screws through the top of the bov this will hold the diphram down and make it hold more boost, kinda like a crushed first gen bov. oe save a bunch of money and buy a used first gen bov they hold well over 28psi. I had a first gen on my evo when it was stock turbo and i loved it. Now I have a tial but im not runnin maf anymore. Just ny 2cents.

evospeed
11-08-2006, 01:29 PM
You're fine. Your BOV can hold up to 27psi before it starts leaking alot and is maxed out.

I know because I am running one at 27psi with no problems. No reason to get an aftermarket one.

redline
11-08-2006, 03:56 PM
You're fine. Your BOV can hold up to 27psi before it starts leaking alot and is maxed out.

I know because I am running one at 27psi with no problems. No reason to get an aftermarket one.

EDIT: nevermind I see Meth in your garage

Im keeping it stock until I upgrade the turbo

SuperHatch
11-21-2006, 10:55 AM
The IX BOV is a metal unit, unlike the plastic one in the VIIIs, the IX valves will hold 24 without a problem.