PDA

View Full Version : Who Thinks We Should Have Fastest Import vs Domestic?

HickRocket1258
05-17-2005, 10:41 AM
I'm just curious and I think it would be something kind of cool but maybe we all should have a race between some of the fastest imports and domestics on this forum. Maybe meet up at the track sometime or something? Who likes this idea at all haha?

99SL2_Modder
05-17-2005, 10:44 AM
What class should I run in? HAH!

50% Honda, 50% GM. Impestic? Domport?

SilverTurboRidin
05-17-2005, 11:39 AM
clint saturns are considered domestic since they are built in the u.s.

okay well...hmmm i think its between 1988 olds, WhiteFiveO, 64 Coupe, and 79Poncho for the domestic's

on the other side..im not sure but im positive StiChris, 95snracer and i dont know

doug
05-17-2005, 12:13 PM
Im able to tap 12's on slicks... so sure.

I just need to get my slicks in... :wiggle:

97TSi
05-17-2005, 12:26 PM
I'm always game for some racing. Not sure if my trans is, but I am :lol:
Depending on timing though I'm not sure, I'll be throwing my new motor in in ~3 weeks so that might dictate for me.

Aaron
05-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Hate to say it but I really don't see a point. With the mike, evilution, stichris, and that one DSM (all of which are more than willing to race), I think the imports have it in the bag. Do we even have any sub-13 second domestics here?

Bizee
05-17-2005, 12:52 PM
:rolleyes:

doug
05-17-2005, 12:55 PM
imports>domestics.... :thumbup:

SilverTurboRidin
05-17-2005, 01:25 PM
:rolleyes:

hey bizee bring out your 4cyl with a open header.... :prayer:

the mike
05-17-2005, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence Aaron. The problem MOST (read: not all) of the domestic guys that ever showed up were jackasses that thought RWD owned all and showed nothing but hatred towards imports. We are lucky to have domestic owners here who can see that a fast car is a fast car.

Bad360RT would own most of us and is probably the fastest car on here. Advantage Domestic.

Sorry to say, I would take quality over quantity any day. It would be fun to get everyone together at the track though. The guys that don't get down that way very often, the ones who are here for the summer, etc.
Make a meet of it. I like meeting the people on TST. :thumbup:

doug
05-17-2005, 01:33 PM
lol yeah... i <3 domestics too.

in storage right now is my 1969 Z/28 Camaro with 43k original miles... all original show car.. DZ302/4spd.

I really need to get some pics of it.

SilverTurboRidin
05-17-2005, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence Aaron. The problem MOST (read: not all) of the domestic guys that ever showed up were jackasses that thought RWD owned all and showed nothing but hatred towards imports. We are lucky to have domestic owners here who can see that a fast car is a fast car.

Bad360RT would own most of us and is probably the fastest car on here. Advantage Domestic.

Sorry to say, I would take quality over quantity any day. It would be fun to get everyone together at the track though. The guys that don't get down that way very often, the ones who are here for the summer, etc.
Make a meet of it. I like meeting the people on TST. :thumbup:

Mike dont get me wrong i love domestic's. But i think some of these domestic guys get scared when the import crowd spends half the cash as them and is still nipping at theyre heels.....get what im saying?

Blaise
05-17-2005, 01:35 PM
Yeah, good idea Rob. I'll race TROLL again. :rolleyes:

Blaise
05-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Mike dont get me wrong i love domestic's. But i think some of these domestic guys get scared when the import crowd spends half the cash as them and is still nipping at theyre heels.....get what im saying?

That almost never happens though. How many foxbody owners do you know who have spent more than 10k on their car with mods and haven't hit 11s? :rolleyes:

doug
05-17-2005, 01:37 PM
Blaise.. the wrx slayer :mrgreen:

SilverTurboRidin
05-17-2005, 01:41 PM

That almost never happens though. How many foxbody owners do you know who have spent more than 10k on their car with mods and haven't hit 11s? :rolleyes:

oh yeah indefintely....we have one of those members on the site right now.

But the point is, DOMESTICS OWN HAHAHA

doug
05-17-2005, 01:45 PM

oh yeah indefintely....we have one of those members on the site right now.

But the point is, DOMESTICS OWN HAHAHA

My friend.. I believe we call yours domestic rice :lol:

i kid i kid.

SilverTurboRidin
05-17-2005, 01:45 PM
Call it what you want..i call it artwork to its own :cool:

doug
05-17-2005, 01:46 PM
Slap a FMIC on the mona lisa... now that's artwork :supz:

SilverTurboRidin
05-17-2005, 02:00 PM
WORKING ON IT CAPTAIN!!!!

doug
05-17-2005, 02:02 PM
oh jeez... do I smell a photochop?

Well atleast put some 550cc injectors in her.

97TSi
05-17-2005, 02:25 PM

I still want to see that truck. So badass :thumbup:

SilverTurboRidin
05-17-2005, 02:29 PM
yeah just reading about his truck...omg lol

HickRocket1258
05-17-2005, 02:53 PM
Yeah Blaise I guess it is a good idea! Maybe if s*** gets done on my camaro I will compete in this whole ordeal. I could def be towards the top with domestic with no sc, turbo or nitrous. My lights just might kill ya haha. ;)

MuddyREX
05-17-2005, 06:40 PM

:iagree:

Aaron
05-17-2005, 06:51 PM
Yea I forgot all about him. Where's he been?

SpendOne
05-17-2005, 08:06 PM
I want a run!!!!! Would I be an import or domestic??? No one ever knows. Motors from Japan, everything else is from Illinois.

JasterM5
05-17-2005, 08:58 PM
I don't wanna get ahead of myself untill Friday on the dyno. But i think i could give some of you a run for your money. :finga:

HickRocket1258
05-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Well I guess most of us are street legal so that is good. But if you are up for the whole idea of representing the import side or the domestic side speak up. I just thought this would be a good idea to maybe try to get it together and get some of us to know eachother. It would all be in the fun of it. I don't know how everyone would like to do it so if you have any suggestions on how it should be put together and all then speak up as well haha. Maybe we could all meet up at a track like cecil or atco or somewhere and take it from there. I'm not the only one who should give ideas. I'm sure you all have some too. Lets see if we can get this thing going.

HickRocket1258
05-17-2005, 09:31 PM
Hate to say it but I really don't see a point. With the mike, evilution, stichris, and that one DSM (all of which are more than willing to race), I think the imports have it in the bag. Do we even have any sub-13 second domestics here?

By the way yes we do have some sub 13 second domestics here. I'm one of them. Heck I'm sure I could give a good run to the highest imports on here. I know of only one guy who has broken 11s on here that is an import. There might be some others but I just don't know of them.

Aaron
05-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Thats a quick Camaro. What do you have done to it?

Oh and in my own defense, I've either seen time slips or runs of the actual cars I mentioned. I forgot about the sc dakota.

HickRocket1258
05-17-2005, 09:57 PM
I'd rather not say haha. I'd rather just let you see what I've got under the hood when we meet up. I'm not saying I don't believe you or anything I'm just saying there are some cars on here that are domestic and run 13s or faster. ;)

1988 Olds
05-17-2005, 11:06 PM
Many Fox Bodies run 11s with just about 10K into them. You can't even buy an STi or Evo for less then 25K and don't tell me you don't spend thousands more to get them into an 11s. I know a certian someone in a fee weeks who would be more the willing to race any import on this site. Hopefully for money if anyone is willing. It's N/A. No Turbo/Supercharger. Anyone interested let me know.

HickRocket1258
05-17-2005, 11:14 PM
I'd be interested into knowing how fast he runs and what he did. Did he use nitrous though?

Aaron
05-17-2005, 11:20 PM
Um. I might be up for it but I'd need a little more info than that, slick.

1988 Olds
05-17-2005, 11:24 PM
Let's see I can't say to much. It's a Small Block Ford. He will run you off spray if you want. Runs on 93. No idea on how fast he runs yet. Stock Steel body except hood. Anyone still interested.

Aaron
05-17-2005, 11:36 PM
No that definately scared me off. Anyway, I got the impression that this was a TST import-domestic race. We're going off friends of friends now? Don't you have to at least have a TST alias?

1988 Olds
05-17-2005, 11:38 PM
He is on TST.

sfd
05-17-2005, 11:45 PM
What class should I run in? HAH!

50% Honda, 50% GM. Impestic? Domport?

don't worry my car is the same. 90% MazdaJP, 5% MazdaUSA, 5% FordUSA

I "hope" my car is in the 15s so I guess I can take out some of you. :mrgreen:

HickRocket1258
05-17-2005, 11:55 PM
I have a small block chevy in my camaro if your buddy might like to run. I don't have spray, turbo, supercharger, or anything of the sorts. I'm sure I might lose. I haven't run my car yet so I'm not to sure of how I might do. I don't think I'll run for money though haha. I'm just tryin to do this to get to know more of you all and meet you and your ride. Not a big import fan but doesn't mean I wouldn't like the driver. Anyways speak up if you wanna run. Thought it would be a cool idea about this whole thing.

1988 Olds
05-18-2005, 12:50 AM
My buddy is only looking for like big money runs. I'm open for anything myself. My car and your stang would be a good race. Not sure how much faster the Z is. If your to that for fun I'm ready whenever.

SilverTurboRidin
05-18-2005, 06:36 AM
Hmmm is this certain foxbody white... w/ weld's??? :eek:

79Poncho
05-18-2005, 07:27 AM
Give me a month or so and I'll be competitive in the 13s.

1988 Olds
05-18-2005, 07:31 AM
Could be Justin but I'm not to sure lol.

79Poncho
05-18-2005, 07:31 AM
No one ever asked me about the '64..... What about 7DMach1? He might win for fastest anything on this site. He runs what like 8s or 9s?

1988 Olds
05-18-2005, 07:33 AM
The Comet runs like 9 somethings I think. I may have to get my dad to register. He runs 8.30s. And yes that is in the 1/4.

frankenstein
05-18-2005, 07:47 AM
I thought this was in the club thing, not my brothers wife's sister husband has this 8 sec Mustang. **** if thats the case we all can get a fast ass car. Just have to go down the path of people you know.

If you didn't build it what gives you the right to say something? Anybody can buy speed. :partyman:

1988 Olds
05-18-2005, 08:04 AM
My dad built pretty much the whole thing himself. Put the entire engine together and did all the wiring. I think we got a little out of hand with this domestic vs. import thing.

HickRocket1258
05-18-2005, 08:11 AM
I think we got a little out of hand with this domestic vs. import thing.
Haha yes I think we did get a little out of hand here. All I was looking forward to doing was just getting a bunch of us together at the track to meet eachother and get the domestics to respect imports and vise versa. Maybe we should set some ground rules or something for this whole ordeal like the car being your own car and not your dads or anything and possibly for it to be street legal. Heck I want everyone elses opinion. This is all to pretty much have fun and get to know eachother. I don't really know anybody on here.

79Poncho
05-18-2005, 08:23 AM
Why not call it TST Track Night.... rather than trying to segregate the two communties. I ran 97TSi the last week.. that was an import vs. domestic but we just raced for office bragging rights. I lost and cool with it, hes got the faster car. Just my two cents.

HickRocket1258
05-18-2005, 08:26 AM
Alright, yeah. That definetly sounds better. Lets do that haha. I think it's a good thing that someone else is giving their .02 cents. Just give eachother a run if you think you can handle with eachother and run for money if you want and all. Anyways now it's called TST Track Night sometime in the near future haha.

97TSi
05-18-2005, 08:31 AM
Running for money is friggin' gay. My .02.

I think the general TST Track Night is a great idea. We'll have to do it soon though if I'm gonna run, cuz I'm trying to drop my new motor in in ~3 weeks. In the meantime I'll beat the piss out of the current motor :thumbup: She refuses to die and absolutely loves C16 :banana:

1988 Olds
05-18-2005, 08:34 AM
That sounds better. I think this thread was suppose to bring us together and not seperate us lol.

HickRocket1258 - I'd like to run your Mustang for fun if you would be interested.

frankenstein
05-18-2005, 09:11 AM
sounds good, Maybe I'll break out the 79' Mustang that I just swapped in a 90' fuel injected 302 and 5 spd tranny. Boy was it fun reusing the stock wire harness.

HickRocket1258
05-18-2005, 09:42 AM
HickRocket1258 - I'd like to run your Mustang for fun if you would be interested.
Alright I'll try to do that with you but with this kind of weather now it is only like a high 14.60 car and low 14.70 car. Slows up a lot in the sun and all.

So official name of this thing we want to get together is TST Track Night which was named by Olds. Should we get a count for whos coming or what? Not very often do I go out on grudge nights and all.

Driven
05-19-2005, 07:07 PM
If it is later in the summer (mid/late July hopefully), I'll run my DSM. If its before then, I could either run my truck or just go down to watch.

I think the idea of import vs domestic is a good one, as long as we keep it with our OWN cars and keep it friendly. We can all pull out the "I know a guy with" cards, that doesn't really matter though.

Regardless of what is decided in that aspect though, I make trips to Atco frequently. As long as I am done work and don't have something else going on the night chose, count me in.

gtp power
05-20-2005, 10:59 PM
Yeah Im in for a little import vs domestic racing, its all in good fun. I give tolda respect to the import guys, IF you give me the respect back. And everbody on this site has. Too im one the domestic that is in the 13s :finga: for less then a $1,000.

PS. Driven, if this happens i'll race you. I know you'll win but it's all in fun.

HickRocket1258
05-21-2005, 08:44 AM
I think the idea of import vs domestic is a good one, as long as we keep it with our OWN cars and keep it friendly. We can all pull out the "I know a guy with" cards, that doesn't really matter though.
Yeah so lets jsut get a whole bunch of us together where we can see everyones ride and all. Just bring your own car if you are one this site. I'd say we get it together for only the people on the TST site. It'll be fun because I don't really know anybody on here and I'd be interested in meeting you all. :D

94RedReaper
05-22-2005, 07:33 PM
It would be nice to rent ATCO or something like that. I think it may be expensive and they limit the number of cars, or so I've heard. I'd pay a premium to have the track to ourselves, but getting people to do it as well may be a little tough, especially if it gets too expensive.

I want to race my SRT-4 (domestic rice) :mrgreen: vs. my 1994 Z28. The Camaro runs 12.9's on DR's. I've yet to run the SRT-4 on DR's. I can't wait to do it though.

If we do a track day, let me know. I'm in. BTW, Pocket Rocket and me are going to ATCO this Thursday, barring any weather problems or major events at ATCO.

Driven
05-23-2005, 11:21 PM
Renting Atco is pretty expensive unless you have a lot of numbers. It is also almost always on a week day (I think they usually rent on Fridays).

My sister went to a rented track day about 3 weeks ago, it was a Friday and it was $170/person. It rained for a portion of the day so they only got like 3 passes. Quite a waste.

bad360rt
05-28-2005, 12:54 AM
I still want to see that truck. So badass :thumbup:
Thanks guys :D I would definitely be down for a meet like that. A lil fun competition is always good. I'm back now, was out on the USS Nimitz for a lil while (it's what I do for work, travel a lot, I'll be gone a couple weeks in June and almost all of July too), then I went and got married and did the honeymoon thing, back now for a lil while. Still haven't gotten the truck back into the 11's yet, hopefully I'll be fixing that this week or next. Are you guys still getting together on Thursdays? Where at?

SilverTurboRidin
05-28-2005, 09:20 AM
Yes we are still together...we meet at absolute steaks...check out the upcoming events section

Orbit
05-28-2005, 03:47 PM
well, let set a date allready...im always down for some drag racing.. but i think we need to do something so we know who is who..i hate going up to strangers asking them if there on tst, then i feel like more of a geek then i am when they say.. what? .. maybe all meet at a certain place and time at the track or something.

Tiny
05-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Yes we are still together...we meet at absolute steaks...check out the upcoming events section

I think i'll race on the domestic side. I'll have my neon at absolute steaks this Thurs. Just got my new Boomba fuel rail so i'm ready to reassemble.

Blaise
05-29-2005, 02:32 PM
I wanna play on the domestic side, lets set the date a few weeks from now so I can be unbroken by then ;)

Orbit
05-29-2005, 09:10 PM
the sooner the better it is getting hotter outside :cry:

bad360rt
05-29-2005, 09:23 PM
I'll be ready in a week or so, possibly this week, we'll see. Weekends are tough for me, Tues or Thurs at Atco would be good :) But I might be able to do a weekend with enough notice (and depending on work, I travel a lot).

2point4DSM
06-02-2005, 02:32 PM
The Comet runs like 9 somethings I think. I may have to get my dad to register. He runs 8.30s. And yes that is in the 1/4.

My buddy has 3 cars in the 10's or faster. He's got a black mustang for the Comet and a red with white ghost flames mustang for your dad. Unfortunately, all 3 cars have wheelie bars and rollcages and 2 have a minitub and stick out like a sore thumb on the street.

I'm still in the double digits so I'll just stand on the side and watch.

But if we are talking about cars that don't run slicks and are truly street legal then count me in :)

Wil

HickRocket1258
06-02-2005, 03:04 PM
Yes truely street legal and aren't your parents cars or your friends cars. We would like this to be people who are on TST. I'm getting this together so it's like a big meet and I could finally get to meet some of you since I don't seem to live near by any of you.

bjc26
06-02-2005, 03:18 PM
I'll be there. Just pick a date and a time.

bad360rt
06-02-2005, 03:23 PM
I'll be tuned in this weekend, but next week is my only option, and it looks like it's gonna rain all week :( So no racing for me until I get back in August :cry:

Nitro
06-12-2005, 12:10 PM
I'm always up for racing (as long as the wife lets me go *whip) and I too am one of the domestics who run in the 13's. Hopefully I can do better than 13's next time out, in a Cavalier with less than $1800 into it, lol.