PDA

View Full Version : Free SS valve cover bolt kit

boneheadperformance
10-09-2006, 02:45 PM
I need to make a valve cover bolt kit for the H22 and the B16 valve covers. I have been making them for other makes and models but these are next on the list. I need a donor car for about 30 min to try these bolts out. (just need to take your factory bolts out and replace with stainless ones so I know the correct length and size) Or if you want, I can mail them to you free of charge and let me know if they will fit as a complete kit for the valve cover. If anyone feels like a drive I will give them the bolt kit for letting me test it on your valve cover. Any other styled valve covers please email me with a picture to see if I can make a kit. This is a first come first serve deal.

AMF Racing
10-09-2006, 10:38 PM
damn i dont have valve cover bolts.....k motors use nuts that are attached to the bolts that hold the cams/rockers in....but if you need a RSX to test fit anything on let me know it just sits at my apartment...

HatchSurfer3
10-10-2006, 11:30 AM
I can put a d16 up to test fit if you were looking to do that as well

boneheadperformance
10-10-2006, 12:01 PM
damn i dont have valve cover bolts.....k motors use nuts that are attached to the bolts that hold the cams/rockers in....but if you need a RSX to test fit anything on let me know it just sits at my apartment...

The RSX cover might be a possibility if the bolts/nuts can be found. Can you send a picture of the cover w/o the plastic oinstalled and possibly take a bolt out one by one (if different) and take a pic or give me a measurement. I do carry the acorn style nuts that usually go on the Honda/Acura covers but not sure if yours is an acorn style screw (long) since I dont have a car here to test it. Cant tell by the pics online because they are covered by plastic.

boneheadperformance
10-10-2006, 12:06 PM
I can put a d16 up to test fit if you were looking to do that as well

The D16 I looked into quickly and really couldn't find anything because there are the 5 (I believe) long bolts with the washers/bushings attached to the bolt. If you want to pull one out and take a pic of it so I can see it up close I may be able to find something for you.

AMF Racing
10-11-2006, 01:23 AM
The RSX cover might be a possibility if the bolts/nuts can be found. Can you send a picture of the cover w/o the plastic oinstalled and possibly take a bolt out one by one (if different) and take a pic or give me a measurement. I do carry the acorn style nuts that usually go on the Honda/Acura covers but not sure if yours is an acorn style screw (long) since I dont have a car here to test it. Cant tell by the pics online because they are covered by plastic.

might be hard to take a pic without taking the valve cover off. i doubt you'll be able to do anything except maybe the acorn nuts...... like i said the bolt the acorn nut goes on is one piece that also holds the rockers/cams in......its a stupid design cause i snapped one of the studs off for the acorn nut. so i had to un-torque all my rockers bolts to replace the bad one....i will get pics for you though, and i might have some extra bolts laying around....

AMF Racing
10-11-2006, 01:37 AM
you can see in this diagram its number 8. thats the bolt that goes through the rocker/cam caps and into the head. the top of the bolt has the stud that the acorn nut goes on to hold down the valve cover. there are i think 6 of them like this in the rockers to hold down the valve cover......

http://www.acuraparts247.com/sunnyside/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=RSX&catcgry2=2004&catcgry3=3DR+TYPE-S&catcgry4=KA6MT&catcgry5=CYLINDER+HEAD&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

CleanNeon98
10-11-2006, 07:39 AM
Ive got the D17a...think you can make use of that for a little?

boneheadperformance
10-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Ive got the D17a...think you can make use of that for a little?

Do you happen to have a pic of the cover? I will be able to better tell if I can make the kit once I see the cover design.

boneheadperformance
10-11-2006, 09:26 AM
you can see in this diagram its number 8. thats the bolt that goes through the rocker/cam caps and into the head. the top of the bolt has the stud that the acorn nut goes on to hold down the valve cover. there are i think 6 of them like this in the rockers to hold down the valve cover......

http://www.acuraparts247.com/sunnyside/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=RSX&catcgry2=2004&catcgry3=3DR+TYPE-S&catcgry4=KA6MT&catcgry5=CYLINDER+HEAD&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

Yeah I wont be able to offer the style bolt because it is only OEM but I can offer the acorn nuts that screw on the stud.

CleanNeon98
10-11-2006, 03:11 PM
http://i9.tinypic.com/40d9ic0.jpg

Thats a powdercoated one with "custom work" but the bolts should be in the same place

Loserkidwac
10-11-2006, 03:16 PM
I have a B16 and B18b if you wanted to look at either, I don't really know what you are talkig about..every Honda I've owned has the acorn nuts to hold the vavle cover on...are talking about replacing the studs with bolts? PM me if you want and we can see if we can work out some arrangements...matt