PDA

View Full Version : WRX spark plugs

WrxJC
05-15-2005, 01:34 AM
WHERE ARE THEY?!? I bought plugs thinking, oh this'll be easy, changed them on my last car.... boy was i off, can't find wires or anything. I don't wanna rip off my intercooler if there not hiding under there. So i'm sure someones changed them before...WHERE ARE THEY?

TROLL
05-15-2005, 08:46 AM
ha! plugs are a pain in the arse on the WRX... since its a boxer engine there are two plugs on either side. i havent changed plugs personally but i think you'll need to remove the factory air box to get to the ones on the passenger side, not sure about the drivers side. if you search on www.clubwrx.net or www.nasioc.com i'm sure you'll find more info about it.
bryan

Blaise
05-15-2005, 10:23 AM
Intercooler? It's a boxer engine, they're on the side.

I've done plugs on the WRX before, it's really not so bad. Just look for the plug wires on the side, you may have to do one or two of them from underneath the car IIRC, but the intercooler certainly doesn't come off. The head of the plugs are square, it's really weird, you'll find 'em.

WrxJC
05-15-2005, 11:17 AM
Thanks guys, I just thought it'd be easier to reach the sides if i dismantled part of the engine, silly me :rolleyes:

I assume i can figure it out, those spark plugs shant hide from me for long! :rofl:

MuddyREX
05-15-2005, 03:09 PM
I paid precision to do them for me. $75 installed was worth it IMO.

dancemf666
05-28-2005, 09:13 PM
scoobymods.com

Is the best place to look for how toos on the wrx

WrxJC
05-28-2005, 10:39 PM
thanks, yeh i figured it out, just waiting for me to have to time to actually disassemble sh*t and do it.