PDA

View Full Version : I'm either wicked sick, or something else.

alachua
01-21-2005, 06:35 AM
Not once, but twice today I am overcome with a long lasting (3+ hours) feelings of shortness of breath, accompanied by a mean headache spanning from my temples to behind my ears, and occasionally into my jaw area, along with a weird feeling in my left forearm/elbow area, along with a heart rate that made me unable to sleep.

The first time was at work this afternoon. The second came at around 1am. I kept trying to fall asleep, but couldn't. I tried calling my sister, and my good friend to see if they thought I should go to the ER. I called my health insurance provider as well, they suggested seeing a doctor. I even went as far as to get in my car and drive to the ER at 4 am. I sat in the parking lot for about ten minutes weighing going in versus waiting a few more hours and calling my regular doctor. I ended up getting a hot tea, and some excedrin migrane. I am now just sitting around posting hoping it will go away and I can get some sleep.

I am either over reacting to nothing, or being too macho to admit that something is uber-not right with me. This sucks. I hope it isn't pnemonia (SP?). I hate missing work. Tuesday was the first day I called off in over three years. (I made it up on Wed. of course, but still...it ruined a streak).

anyway, I am gonna try and get some sleep or something.

-Cliff

Dreck
01-21-2005, 08:25 AM
Yeah I would see a doctor as well. When I was younger I was hospitalized with pneumonia, it can get very serious.

Vypurr
01-23-2005, 12:33 AM
Take a hot bath, drink plenty of fluids, and checkout webmd.com!