PDA

View Full Version : Maddad V2 Stealthback / APS Uppipe Install

JET02WRX
09-27-2006, 09:56 PM
Figured I'd post these reviews in here instead of the parts/vendor reviews thread since they are car specific...

After a month and a half of waiting, I finally got my Maddad stealthback last week. The intermediate pipe was what was holding the order up. Also installed was an APS uppipe, Samco intercooler, ancillary, and radiator hoses.

I was originally going to pay to have everything installed, but decided I'd rather save up for dyno tuning and did it solo. I had asked mr. jon patton (chaos311clarity) if he'd like to lend a hand, but he'd rather spend time with his g/f :bigeek: ....pffffffshhh... (j/k :devil: )I had the time so I took it easy and spent the whole weekend installing everything.

The Maddad stuff: All the welds were nice and clean. Flanges are thick and not skimped on. It has a extra bung right in the top near the turbo for future wideband 02 upgrade which was also nice.The fitment was great. No issues at all. I did break a cheapy socket extension and my craftsman 3/8 drive socket wrench trying to get the bolts on the stock piece off. That was with half a can of liquid wrench already drenching the bolts.

The APS uppipe was also a nice piece. High quality stainless 321 with a flex joint. Also had nice thick flanges. Not sure why everyone fears the uppipe install.. other than some stubborn bolts, the stock uppipe was off and the APS on in less 2hrs. I've seen people say 4,5, even 6 hours. I guess I was lucky. I did loosen the passenger side engine mount and jack the engine up a couple inches. That made a huge difference.

Only had time to flash to stage 2 with my A/P tonight and take it for 1 quick drive. I'm definately pleased. It pulls much harder and alot of the annoying 4EAT hesitation it had even with the stage 1 map is gone. As soon as cash allows, i'll move from the A/P tune, to a street tuner tune.

CHAOS
09-27-2006, 10:35 PM
HELL YEA JOHN!... im so excited ... gonna let me drive it next week? dyno anytime soon? good **** on the up pipe install... hows it all sound?