PDA

View Full Version : Performance/Exhuast/Montco/Cheap?!?!

Sid
05-13-2005, 01:50 AM
Hey, anyone know of a performance and/or exhaust shop in Montgomery County (or 20+/- minutes from Lansdale) that would weld an O2 bung into my header for CHEAP? The local Heineke wants ABOUT $40. Is this reasonable?
Also, if anyone has a lift at their disposal....................bwahahaha!
Thanks in advance.

SexyDSM95
05-13-2005, 10:46 AM
For $40 that is actually a good deal, consdering that a decent welders time can range from $80-90/hour. I also know a guy who has a shop in Hatfield which is a stones throw away from you. Check out:
JMFabrications.com

Very nice guy deals with a lot of DSM's and has done much side work for VW's and other cars of that sort. As for price, it may be the same if not a tad cheaper.

Sid
05-13-2005, 11:57 AM
Thanks Sexy! Will check it out.

Sid
05-14-2005, 01:55 AM
Hot diggity! 25 smackers. And if he's a good as you say, that's really a bargain. Now I just gotta find time to get it to him-he's at the shop 6p-10p while I work 3-midnight. BOO!

Thanks for the hookup, Sandra. :supz:

Sid
08-29-2005, 01:29 AM
Hey Sexy! Finally made it up to Jim's new shop. Creepy location, but seems like a very cool guy. Got to BSing with him a bit, talked about maybe getting some Mazda's in there either for fabbing up some stuff or just to buy some sh*t off him. Figured I'd help the locals out.
Thanks again for the referral.

88TSI_Rob
08-29-2005, 11:41 PM
I've worked with Jim as well, he did the IC pipes on my car. He's a great guy. I'd recommend him to anyone in the area.

SexyDSM95
08-29-2005, 11:48 PM
Hey Sexy! Finally made it up to Jim's new shop. Creepy location, but seems like a very cool guy. Got to BSing with him a bit, talked about maybe getting some Mazda's in there either for fabbing up some stuff or just to buy some sh*t off him. Figured I'd help the locals out.
Thanks again for the referral.
No problem, I am glad you guys could figure something out! I hope ya just told him my name as a reference since I promised to get him business. I agree with Rob though he is definatley a good guy and a great welder. He is the one who put together my "Super Secret Setup" and is also a very honest guy. Were you the guy who needed a high-flo cat?

Sid
08-30-2005, 01:40 AM
No problem, I am glad you guys could figure something out! I hope ya just told him my name as a reference since I promised to get him business. I agree with Rob though he is definatley a good guy and a great welder. He is the one who put together my "Super Secret Setup" and is also a very honest guy. Were you the guy who needed a high-flo cat?

Of course I dropped your name!
No hi-flow, though. Having a second O2 bung welded into a header.
Also trying to throw him some business from my Mazda club. And will prolly buy one of his overflow tanks.