PDA

View Full Version : Cobb Accessport ProTune

Chip18
09-23-2006, 12:57 AM
Does anyone know any places in NJ or PA that has ProTuner software to make a custom map for an 05 WRX?

Honest_Bob
09-23-2006, 01:40 AM
*subscribing*

wakeskate
09-23-2006, 03:38 PM
i think precision tuning does, brick nj,

D Money
09-23-2006, 03:54 PM
Yup, Shane from Precision Tuning in Brick just started Pro-tuning.

WKderF
09-23-2006, 06:44 PM
shane is back?! last I heard he dropped off of the face of the earth & Precision has suspended pro-tunes until further notice.

TROLL
09-23-2006, 08:50 PM
i also had heard that shane was MIA.

Agile Automotive in MD i think does protunes.

also consider the group buy from Xotic Motorsports on the forum right now... $600-$700 for a custom tune... you can sell your AP for $500+ and be in pretty good shape :)

D Money
09-23-2006, 09:18 PM
I guess Shane tripped, scraped his knee, and is on disabilty. lol

fastjim
09-23-2006, 10:33 PM
how would you get a custom tune with out a aftermarket computer

ScoobyNubieToo!
09-23-2006, 11:11 PM
how would you get a custom tune with out a aftermarket computer

I was wondering the same thing?

ScoobyNubieToo!
09-23-2006, 11:12 PM
shane is back?! last I heard he dropped off of the face of the earth & Precision has suspended pro-tunes until further notice.

Right....I was talking to the guys at PT at the PT meet a few months ago and they told me they hadn't heard from Shane in a while.....I think he's in Iraq of Afghanistan or something.....

Chip18
09-24-2006, 05:20 PM
I was just there on 9-21 getting a new clutch and flywheel installed. Shane is MIA and he is the only one that knows how to do the protune. They have no idea where he is. By the way, the guys over there do excellent work my clutch and flywheel install went quickly and it feels like I am driving a brand new car again.

Does anyone know any other places that do protunes, since Precison Tuning is out of the question for the time being?

And Fastjim you can get a custom tune without an aftermarket computer because that is what the Cobb Accesport is for. It has pre-made maps that you can choose from based on the mods that you have done to your car. You will be very happy with the results, but ultimately a custom tune will smooth things out and give you better power and performance.

D Money
09-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Agile Auto has been doing real nasty with cobb lately.

fastjim
09-24-2006, 06:52 PM
are you talking about a custom flash on your stock computer.. cuz i thought thats what you were talking about

mostasteless
09-25-2006, 09:30 AM
Ed from Equilibrium Tuning does remote tunes and I have heard noting but positive reviews. When I get my tune done it will likely be by him. www.eqtuning.com

Chip18
09-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Ed from Equilibrium Tuning does remote tunes and I have heard noting but positive reviews. When I get my tune done it will likely be by him. www.eqtuning.com

I have also heard that Equilibrium Tuning is very good, but it is based on the west coast and that he only makes periodic trips to the east coast to do custom tunes. Unless he finally moved some of his business out here?

Chip18
09-25-2006, 12:16 PM
are you talking about a custom flash on your stock computer.. cuz i thought thats what you were talking about

Yep, that is exactly what I mean, but with one slight difference. They make a custom map, so incase you had to switch your ecu back to stock or another map, you could go back to the on that was custom made for you.

mostasteless
09-25-2006, 01:19 PM
I have also heard that Equilibrium Tuning is very good, but it is based on the west coast and that he only makes periodic trips to the east coast to do custom tunes. Unless he finally moved some of his business out here?

He is also doing remote tunes now. Basically you do a 3rd gear log using the tari software and send it to him, he sends you a tweeked map, you load it and send him a log with the new map. This is done until you are both happy with the results. It basically a road tune with the tuner on the other side of the country :) .

Chip18
09-25-2006, 02:58 PM
He is also doing remote tunes now. Basically you do a 3rd gear log using the tari software and send it to him, he sends you a tweeked map, you load it and send him a log with the new map. This is done until you are both happy with the results. It basically a road tune with the tuner on the other side of the country :) .

Now that sounds like a pretty good deal. So what do you have to do just find a place that has a dyno in combonation with the tari software? If so, any suggestions?

HuffRex
09-26-2006, 09:09 AM
I believe Andy from Xotic Motorsports can do protunes on the AP.

mostasteless
09-26-2006, 09:35 AM
Now that sounds like a pretty good deal. So what do you have to do just find a place that has a dyno in combonation with the tari software? If so, any suggestions?

You can find the Tari software here: http://www.tari.co.za/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
All you need to use it is a laptop and the cable from your AP. I suppose you could use a dyno but a empty flat road that you can do a 3rd gear pull from 2k to redline will work as well. I haven't spoken to Ed in a while so I don't remember the parameters he wants in the log but I'm sure if you shoot him an email he will be happy to supply you with the details. I do suggest making a few practice logs before contacting him though just so you can get the hang of using the software although it is pretty straight forward.

Chip18
09-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Cool man, thanks!

JoeScooby
09-28-2006, 12:40 PM
:thumbup: :thumbup: for EQ tuning.

Thats where my next tune is comming from. +1 for remote tuning!!!

reeksti
09-28-2006, 03:55 PM
go to xxtuning in CT, thats where im going late october
http://www.xxtuning.com/xxcobb.htm

HKS whore
09-28-2006, 05:49 PM
go to xxtuning in CT, thats where im going late october
http://www.xxtuning.com/xxcobb.htm

yea .. im going with reek , i hear good things about xx

Chip18
09-29-2006, 01:14 AM
Have you guys been to XX before or is this your first time going? I think I may want to tag along. I am taking vacation October 23-27 so I am game for a little drive.

reeksti
09-29-2006, 02:36 AM
Have you guys been to XX before or is this your first time going? I think I may want to tag along. I am taking vacation October 23-27 so I am game for a little drive.

yeah thats when we are going, u can join if you ready for like a 3 hr drive lol

Orbit
09-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Maybe we can get a group rate if we get enough people?

Chip18
09-30-2006, 01:47 AM
Maybe we can get a group rate if we get enough people?

That sounds like a good idea, but would they have time to tune all of our cars in one day, if we got a bunch of people to get in on this?

reeksti
09-30-2006, 03:11 AM
That sounds like a good idea, but would they have time to tune all of our cars in one day, if we got a bunch of people to get in on this?

pretty sure they will have time if we go early, im planning on being there by 8am sharp, and BTW the date for me and HKS changed its nov18

Orbit
09-30-2006, 06:53 PM
I would most likely stay over anyway . it wouldnt have to all be in one day

Orbit
10-03-2006, 03:51 PM
This guys is also from ct. Good price.

Reflash tuning specials

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am offering Dyno Flash ecu flashing on all Subaru turbo models and also

Cobb Pro tune (have a access port already)

Ectuek retune (have a license already)

At $300 for a 3 hour custom road tune - includes a dyno pull and print out

Those interested please PM me or call (203) 515-4110

Hi Tri-State guys - most of you who have been around for a while may know me from my old silver 2002 WRX which went 11.88 @ 124 mph - full STI JDM C spec conversion I completed myself in my own garage - first STI conversion on the roads in the US

I also did a WRX engine into 2.5 RS conversion with a Tec II back in those days

More recently I have been concentrating on Evo flashn tuning and I hbave tuned over 3,000 of those in the past 3 1/2 years with great success

In addition, I have been a Ecutek Subaru tuner for the past two years and I have been steadily tuning my customer's Subarus on a continual basis during that time

About a year ago I added the Cobb Pro Tuner softwear to my list of offerings and it has been a great tool

Lately, I have been using the ecu flash softwear on a lot of Subarus to do my own Dyno Flash brand of flashing and they have been comming out great.

By way of further background, my Evo has been featured in 7 major magazines including 3 covers. It won a "best appearing car" award at a NHRA race. I have won many a race all up and down the East Coast with it and its best time to date is a 9.7 @ 145 mph.

My sponsors are Buschur Racing, Exedy, Driveshaft Shop, Shep Trans, Ferrea Valves, Ultimate Racing and Pauter Rods

Finally, I have been a contributing editor to Turbo Magazine and I wrote the cover story on the Big Valley STI last year.

I have recently purchased my own 2005 STI and I am now focusing more direct attention to the tuning of Subarus and Subaru market.

I offer fairly priced products with a vast experience in reflashing automotive ecus and Subaru technology.

Thanks

Al

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15455570#post15455570