PDA

View Full Version : ls/vtec

Daves DC
09-21-2006, 07:22 AM
can someone tell me what i need to do a ls/vtec head swap cquse i have been lookin stuff up and reading it and i basicly get the jist of it but i havent read anything about what i need to do with the ecu do i keep mines and splice into it or do i use a gsr ecu do i need a gsr harness cause the head itself is pretty easy stuff the only thing is u need to tap the block but i found some site that helps u avoid that so its a clean swap but i still have not idea about what i need to do with the wiringharness or ecu if anyone can help i will be greatly thnkfull for ur input thank u!:help:

Gorilla Unit 33
09-21-2006, 07:23 PM
turboteg has built numerous Ls/Vtec motors. pm him if youd like im sure he would be able to answer any of your questions.

highmilehatch
09-21-2006, 09:53 PM
You'll need:

-GE Vtec conversion kit (unless you want to put your own together)
-Vtec head w/ distributor
-ECU from whichever head your using

As far as wiring, if your car isn't alread pre-wired for Vtec, you'll need to add the wires for the Vtec pressure switch, solenoid, knock sensor (and IAB if your using a GSR head w/stock IM and plan to keep it.) Here is a really good wiring guide assuming your OBD-1:

http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/wiring/wiring.92-95.jpg

BCSpeed
09-21-2006, 10:50 PM
The ge kit is the easiest way to do it your self. The directions are pretty straight forward, a few things as far as the oiling system need to be changed. And just wire as the diagram explains. good luck.

Daves DC
09-22-2006, 07:26 AM
mines is a obd2 its a 98 integra rs

highmilehatch
09-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Your OBD2-A so its:

http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/wiring/wiring.96-98.jpg

BCSpeed
09-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Here is a copy of the GE vtec conversion directions.

Honduh
10-19-2006, 04:23 PM
You also want to look into ITR oil and water pumps. and the stock ls rod bolts are like toothpicks and enjoy to stretch and break when reved over 7k, so definetly invest into a set of arp's.

CHR!S
10-19-2006, 08:49 PM
You also want to look into ITR oil and water pumps. and the stock ls rod bolts are like toothpicks and enjoy to stretch and break when reved over 7k, so definetly invest into a set of arp's.

itr water and fuel pumps are the same exact part #as the gsr and b16 oil/water pumps, while the ls motors share similar parts to the single cam motors.