PDA

View Full Version : Prelude Exhaust

AutobahnRacer
09-14-2006, 09:38 PM
im looking for something (exhaust) for my Prelude. I dont want anything ricey either. something deep but not farty/ricey. i know i will never get it to sound like a wrx/sti but im using that for an example of what i want it to be close to. price doesnt really matter.(but dont be a smart a$$ and give me a $900 one)

but pref, a cat-back or turbo-back, and last resort muffler. i just wnat it to sound nice.

xEJ20x
09-14-2006, 09:58 PM
im looking for something (exhaust) for my Prelude. I dont want anything ricey either. something deep but not farty/ricey. i know i will never get it to sound like a wrx/sti but im using that for an example of what i want it to be close to. price doesnt really matter.(but dont be a smart a$$ and give me a $900 one)

but pref, a cat-back or turbo-back, and last resort muffler. i just wnat it to sound nice.

Turbo-back: Impossible for your car unless it's already turbo. Then it will have to be custom.

Muffler: It will still sound "ricey".

For the catback....I assume you don't want a large canister either.
There are a only a few choices that seem to be a bit more subdue.

http://hopupracing.com/rsrexexhoprf.html

IntegrasAreBest
09-14-2006, 10:22 PM
how much are you looking to spend?

AutobahnRacer
09-15-2006, 06:15 PM
i said i didnt care

IntegrasAreBest
09-15-2006, 06:33 PM
woops i totally did'nt see that. try buddyclub prospec II.

CHR!S
09-16-2006, 01:34 AM
woops i totally did'nt see that. try buddyclub prospec II.

thats the loudest ****in exhaust. id suggest the rsr ex-mag, look for different exhausts for your car here... www.modacar.com

lude98SH
09-16-2006, 02:07 AM
i like the tanabe stuff...also apexi n1 and apexi world sport.

AutobahnRacer
10-07-2006, 02:47 PM
ok sorry to bump my old topic but now i am getting towards buying one, which one is the best in terms of not super ricey sounding, i like deep, my short ram helped make it a little deeper but now its exhaust time.

http://hopupracing.com/rsrexexhoprf.html sounds promising as posted above but its a little pricey

please give me the exhaust in this format: brand - model, Site(if possible))

CHR!S
10-07-2006, 03:00 PM
http://hopupracing.com/rsrexexhoprf.html sounds promising as posted above but its a little pricey...

first you said you didnt care about price, but now your saying thats too pricey? at least give a price range so we know what your looking to spend

05Accent
10-07-2006, 03:12 PM
doesnt apexi make exhausts for preludes???

AutobahnRacer
10-07-2006, 03:21 PM
400 absoulte max, becuase i realized i have no money anymore :-p i spent it on other stuff. any way 400 is pretty much my max right now

and remember no ricey. rice=bad lol

i looked at flow master but they dont have one for my car so im asking if they have anything that would still fit with little to no addit mods

rista
10-08-2006, 11:56 AM
ask vr-4-life... he has a magnaflow dual tip 3" muffler. not sure if ur interested in that.

Loserkidwac
10-09-2006, 11:44 AM
For the price go to a local exhaust shop and have them make you one, tell them what you want and they will help you pick out the correct size and muffler and resignator...it will be crush bends and not mandrels but you arent going to see any noticable difference ...I think Thermal R&D is one of the best for Hondas but that my opinion and you are looking to spend $500-$600 if they make a set-up for your car...

$400 is just scrapping the bottom of good sounding name brand exhaust thats why i suggest a exhaust shop you can get a decent set-up for $200-$300 and remember for N/A cars bigger isn't always better there is a certain size that will maximise performance for most hondas its around 2.25-2.5in

lude98SH
10-10-2006, 07:49 PM
on a prelude go 2.5 for N/A. For 400 your going to have a hardtime finding an exhaust that nice. But good luck

AutobahnRacer
10-14-2006, 11:06 AM
so waht about flowmaster and magnaflow? i hear their exhaust are really good in terms of not sounding ricey. im not as interested in hp gain as i am in nice sound.

Dan@FSM
10-18-2006, 02:58 AM
In all honesty when people want an excellent sounding exhaust I will always sell them the Apex World Sport or Tanabe Medalion Touring. If you would like a quote please give us a call, but I dont think I can touch your $400 budget. Shipping prices alone are pretty expensive for full systems, but I'll try to get you the best price possible shipped to your door.

Dan

rista
10-18-2006, 11:15 AM
vr-4-life has a magnaflow....ask him...

On Sale
10-20-2006, 02:14 AM
O GOD dont get magnaflow, thats ****. ok. get a Thermal R&D. I have 2 friends with them on SH's and one friend with it on a RSX. Its a straight thru low tone, no crackles, or pops, nice exhaust that adds power.

JSeoul
10-26-2006, 01:27 PM
My buddy has Magnaflow with GlassPax right underneath where the Passanger seats. Sounds beautiful. Its not ricer at all. Its nice, deep & not loud.

gsrboi80
10-27-2006, 02:53 PM
My buddy had a DC Sports Catback on his Prelude that thing was real deep toned.

jdm free
11-10-2006, 05:26 PM
yo i got a really deep sounding exhaust on my teg, its tsudo n1 from ebay. Its looks awesome, fits almost perfect and sounds not ricey, just loud as hell

den9
11-14-2006, 12:03 AM
whats wrong with magnaflow? dont get flowmaster, it will def sound ricey cuz it doesnt have fiberglass packing

libteclipse
11-14-2006, 04:18 PM
i got an ansa c/b.. they only make axlebacks fer ludes but they sound really good on the rsx i think.. but my judgment is a lil off cuz mine is rattling, i gotta retighten the bolts and check the hangars for clearance and see if the cat is touching the heatshield.. but that problem aside,, it sounds pure sex.