PDA

View Full Version : Evo Owners: Help with Spring Install

Falcon
09-14-2006, 04:50 PM
I'm thinking about getting a set of wheels, and to go along with it a set of springs. I've been doing some research on EvoM, and I haven't decided on a brand yet...

Have any of you Evo owners done the spring install yourself? Do you have any pointers?

Thanks in advance.

Mr. SUAVE
09-14-2006, 04:53 PM
check machv.com 'how to install'
get the swift, espelir active gt or hotchkis springs

9 Ball
09-24-2006, 12:43 PM
I didn’t do the spring install myself, however, I helped a friend with his Subaru’s springs. I would advise you to save and get a set of coilovers. Your struts will wear out pretty quickly. Mine are starting to go… I’m looking at coilovers right now. Plus, the installation of coilovers is much easier than the springs, you’ll save money in the long run, and receive better performance gains.

BMS
10-04-2006, 12:10 PM
yes def get coilover, the only way to go, and if you need help putting them on pm me. for springs go with eibach

Mac @ R/T Tuning
10-04-2006, 01:36 PM
I agree, I would definitely consider going with a coilover over a spring. If you are set on the springs though, Swift, RS-R, Tanabe, they are all have good options...

If you are interested shoot me a PM and I will give you a hook-up price.

markley02
10-04-2006, 01:56 PM
springs are easy to do. If you want help just post up and I will gladly help if you dont live too far away. I would also sudgest if you have the money to do the whole coilover kit, but they can get pricey compared to just springs.