PDA

View Full Version : trans fluid

Gorilla Unit 33
09-09-2006, 10:41 AM
what trans fluid would you guys recomend using for a Integra type r tranny? I heard about this syncromesh formula works preety good then ive heard redline something and also just using plain 10w30 motor oil. please discuss.

92dxman
09-09-2006, 06:40 PM
I think Honda or Acura transfluid from the dealer would do the trick for you..

silver05bullet
09-09-2006, 07:19 PM
No go to GM any GM dealer buy yourself some friction modifed synchromesh and that will make your tranny shift like butter

Bizee
09-09-2006, 08:09 PM
penzoil makes the same **** you can get it at autozone.

turbo4g63
09-10-2006, 05:55 PM
tranny fluid is tranny fluid...just get the stuff from autozone...synthetic costs like 10 bucks per container there

Cypher
09-10-2006, 10:22 PM
well... i don't think putting in 10w30 is recommended for your tranny oil! my tranny oil was 75w90 GL4. just use what you manual calls for. redline is good ****. made my transmission feel like brand new. make sure you get the right rating (GL rating) if you happen to get the wrong one it can destroy the brass bearings in the tranny.

Spocknasty
09-11-2006, 02:43 AM
I can vouch for syncromesh. Took the grind out of my friend's LSD B16 tranny. I have a few bottles waiting to go in mine.

Cypher
09-11-2006, 01:05 PM
watch out for syncromesh and keeping it in for extended periods of time. i.e. 50k miles. i don't know about hondas but i've seen it destroy other transmissions becasue it starts to break down because its thin

Daves DC
09-21-2006, 08:08 AM
if ur tranny is in good condition shifts ok with no griding and the gears are easy to find i think the best would prolly be honda fluid cause its formulated for ur actual trans

Daniel M
09-21-2006, 09:55 AM
if ur tranny is in good condition shifts ok with no griding and the gears are easy to find i think the best would prolly be honda fluid cause its formulated for ur actual trans

watch out for syncromesh and keeping it in for extended periods of time. i.e. 50k miles. i don't know about hondas but i've seen it destroy other transmissions becasue it starts to break down because its thin

+2 to both

RyanG
09-27-2006, 05:25 PM
Honda manual trans fluid is 10w30. plain and simple.

lude98SH
10-10-2006, 07:58 PM
well... i don't think putting in 10w30 is recommended for your tranny oil! my tranny oil was 75w90 GL4. just use what you manual calls for. redline is good ****. made my transmission feel like brand new. make sure you get the right rating (GL rating) if you happen to get the wrong one it can destroy the brass bearings in the tranny.

Before hona put out its own line of transmission fluid the trans called for 10W30 motor oil. I know its in alot of people's manuals. Personally I run Honda MTF and love it. I have heard honda actually put some new stuff on the market recently which is like syncromesh. The only other stuff ive though of using is GM syncromesh which ive heard is good. But like mentioned earlier penzoil makes a syncromesh also for cheaper because the GM stuff is $$$.

lude98SH
10-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Honda manual trans fluid is 10w30. plain and simple.

Its a different smell though... i know that doesnt say much but wouldnt that smell indicate a possible slight difference in chemical makeup ? Either way their very close to the same. Since honda called for it originally on many cars.

Honduh
10-10-2006, 11:41 PM
Its a different smell though... i know that doesnt say much but wouldnt that smell indicate a possible slight difference in chemical makeup ? Either way their very close to the same. Since honda called for it originally on many cars.

10w30 is just fine for the older D and B series trannys since its what honda used to say to use, anything newer I'd use honda MTF now, which is acutally 0w30 i believe.

AMF Racing
10-17-2006, 12:23 AM
https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/mtf.aspx

thats what i use in my type r tranny.......i am going to change it with new soon......had my tranny brought over from japan wanted to run some miles on it to kind of clean it out and change the fluid. i'll be putting the same stuff in i have heard real good things about amsoil, and never any bad.....