PDA

View Full Version : oil light in my 01 galant **fixed**

Mrjaydeeone
09-07-2006, 07:28 PM
It started last night. I come to a complete stop, and while my foot is on the brake, the oil light comes on solid and or flickers, I take my foot off the brake and the light goes away. I checked my oil level and I am fine.
Any ideas?

koho2731
09-07-2006, 08:08 PM
ck the wire on the presure sensor

Mrjaydeeone
09-07-2006, 08:25 PM
okay I can do that tomorrow when I am off of work. If the wire is okay then what's next step

koho2731
09-07-2006, 08:27 PM
then your going to need an oil pressure gauge to see if you have the right oil pressure, but I'm thinking it's just the wire

Mrjaydeeone
09-07-2006, 09:25 PM
okay thanks man. I'll check it out and post the results

TrboChicsRock
09-08-2006, 10:06 AM
You either have a loose connection at the sending unit or the unit itself has gone bad.

Mrjaydeeone
09-12-2006, 06:37 PM
I drove the car a little on Friday and the light didn't come on. I drove it a little on Sunday night also and the same thing. Drove it yesterday morning and no light. Took it to work last night and the light came on. Came on about 10 minutes into my ride home this morning. And 10 minutes into my ride into work today. I lifted the car before work and I wasn't really able to see where the pressure switch is to see if the wires were okay or not. Someone told me that it might be a sensor actually in with the oil. Is that a possibility?
You either have a loose connection at the sending unit or the unit itself has gone bad.
okay so this is it then..

Oil Pressure Sender
P4030-158886 list price
In Stock Nippon Thermostat $29.92 $10.68

http://69.0.158.19/live/P4030158886NTC.JPG

now where is it located exactly, and how do I change it? And Do I need to do anything special?

Mrjaydeeone
09-14-2006, 03:08 PM
well went to my local dealership yesterday to pick up a new oil pressure switch cause I was told I was better of getting the one they sell. They didn't have any instock. I decided to take a trip to the only shop near where I live, the only place that can lift my car up today. I was also told that oil would come out when the pressure switch was removed (not true, I found out today) so I figured get the switch and the oil change done at the same time. Anyways long story short it was replaced and the light is no longer coming on. And I was only charged 5 bucks for the install to be done. And it's a good thing I brought it in, there is no way that I would have gotten to it in front of my house