PDA

View Full Version : 06' Charger

Smokescreen
01-19-2005, 12:21 PM
http://www.allpar.com/cars/lx/dodge-charger.html

It is a 4 door. HEMI option or a 3.5L. They say Dodge is push production b/c $0.50 wants one now and doesn't wanna wait until Spring. I like the look of the new 300Cs, but these look alittle like them and nothing like the 67'+ Chargers I like. Atleast the 350Zs were 2 door. Whoever heard of a 4 door Charger?

Not to mention they are compairing the 0-60 times to a Camry....

250 hp @ 6,400 and 250 lb-ft @ 3,800 for the V6
340 hp @ 5,000 and 390 lb-ft @ 4,000 for the 8

Vypurr
01-21-2005, 09:09 AM
The new charger is not meant to be a fast car. That's what Dodge has their SRT division for.

And when you think about it, this is the perfect reincarnation of the charger. When the original charger was released, they tried to follow current trends, and now they are doing the same exact thing.

I am sad that Dodge is trying to use the charger to replace the Stratus, but I guess that's what we get. And I am willing to bet that we will soon see an SRT-6 or SRT-8 Charger, then we can start talking about speed.

WKderF
01-24-2005, 12:51 AM
im not really feelin that body styling. the back doesnt flow well with the front in my opinion.

sesolcSTI
01-24-2005, 05:33 PM
:thumbdow: :thumbdow: :thumbdow: Im sure glad they took a classic muscle car, brought it back out, and proceeded to make it look like something my grandmother would drive to get her hair done in! All i can say is that i bet Bo and Luke Duke are pissed!

nysofmind
02-20-2005, 12:28 PM
yeah man, i don't like it at all. At least ford got it right with the mustang. The gto is cool, but i wish it looked a bit better

Vypurr
02-20-2005, 01:24 PM
4 Words! Dodge Charger Daytona R/T...

And then they are gonna have to beat that on the Dodge SRT-8 (10?!?!) Charger!

Good times are coming. Just be patient!

Smokescreen
02-20-2005, 11:29 PM
Look. When I say ěChargerî I mean V8, 2-doors, big carbs, throaty duel exhaust, a huge blower, and so much torque the chassis will twist off the line... Wait, where have I heard that? I donít mean 4-door grocery getter all of the mommies want because it looks cuter than the Intrepid. The Charger of old is not c u t e! It was and is the beast it was ment to be!

I actually like the new Stangs, but I wish they looked like the concept models Iíve seen with the duel exhaust coming out the sides like a Rouch. Yeah, ok SRT will eventually come out with a Charger that is about $10k more than the standard model and just like the Stang V8, will account for about 20-25% of their sales. This means we get the same old bs we all get from V6 Stangs. ěYeah, Iíll run your pos Neon, Subaru, Mitsu, Honda, because Iím a Stang/Charger and my flowmasters give me infinity HP!î

I have yet to see a throwback car to live up to itís big brother- the GTO, the 350Z isnít turbo, the RX8 isnít turbo, what car will be next to continue this trend? The Skyline without a RB26DETT but a V8 instead? :screwy: :sleep:

And I hope they aren't using one of these "chargers" in the new Dukes movie... Bo and Luke would probably protest and sue.

96Stang
02-20-2005, 11:36 PM
yeah, im pretty pissed about this too...they think they can just use the name and make it that car...the car up there...isnt a charger...its just like the gto...maybe the power is right...but the car is a glorified grand am...its ugly and i cant call it a gto...and finally...the biggest dissappointment of all...the corvette...all corvettes of the 60's were badass and now they go into the the more recent year and they make a new car...i mean, dont get me wrong...its a powerful car, but its not a corvette and it goes the same with all three of them...you cant just put a name on a car and call it that...you need to learn to re-create or dont touch it...sorry for the ranting everyone but it pissed me off...lol

MuddyREX
02-20-2005, 11:39 PM
The headlights, front end, and overall shape is kinda cool, but the rear end is cookie-cutter Dodge Stratus. I think if you are a fan of the 300C, then you'll like this.

Vypurr
02-21-2005, 12:11 AM
Wait wait wait!!!

The performance of the new charger is IDENTICAL in every way to the original charger! 350 HP and 390 ft/lbs of torque is no slouch.

And as far as the GTO, the NEW 2005 GTO is a VERY GOOD throwback. Think about this for a minute. What was the original GTO? All it was was a big engine thrown into a Le Man's and then DeLorean threw a Hurst Shifter onto the car and sold it. It was an existing motor put into an existing body, and filled with existing parts. IT WAS A SPARE PARTS BIN CAR!!! Exactly like the Mustang. Neither Ford nor Pontiac developed the car as a performance machine. They realized that people would pay for some speed, so they took whatever was laying around the put it into a car. The new GTO is exactly what the original was, an existing body with a big motor thrown into it. And now with the LS2 in the car and pushing 400HP the GTO is a good car, and one hell of a deal!

Prototype240
02-21-2005, 01:35 AM
They should've made this one :(

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2130441722

the mike
02-21-2005, 02:30 AM
I agree with Vypurr, the new GTO>old Goats. At least from a performance standpoint. Think about the numbers. The new GTO is running mid 13's. And getting 20+mpg.
The downside is that we can't even call it "American" muscle. GM jacked it from their Aussie division, Holden. Mad Max would be proud.
I don't think any other brand has a car close to the original spirit of the muscle car era yet(Ford is close, but there is work to be done...*hint* Boss 5.4*hint*). Let Mopar come out with a 2 door hatch, hemi powered RWD Barracuda, then I think we are seeing progress. Until then, this 4 door, wanna-be muscle just doesn't cut it. :wiggle: