PDA

View Full Version : Yellow foglight bulbs for WRX

peteyturbo
08-27-2006, 04:44 PM
Anyone know what type of bulb a 2002 WRX uses for fogs and where to get the yellow bulbs locally (philly). I don't want el cheapo bulbs either, something decent..

busyb2100
08-27-2006, 05:36 PM
Fog Light: H3

locally, try calling one of these shops
www.jscspeed.com
www.extremepsi.com

D Money
08-27-2006, 06:21 PM
Petey why not make it have the rally look and get those yellow lamix covers. I know they make them and they are like $15.

peteyturbo
08-27-2006, 07:49 PM
Where from? I still need bulbs though, but I guess any h3 will work..Petey why not make it have the rally look and get those yellow lamix covers. I know they make them and they are like $15.

S4toSTI
08-27-2006, 07:49 PM
U could also try a forum vendor for the h3's

TROLL
08-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Yeah the fogs are H3s like everyone said. The only quality bulb I know of is the PIAA Yellow Ion, but they're like $45 for a pair... ouch. I also know that you can get the Luminics yellow bulbs but dont know much about them.
Getting yellow fog covers is another option, but they dont really make the light output very yellow when they're on, just make the fogs look yellow when they are off.
Bryan

BradC
08-27-2006, 08:14 PM
When did you get a WRX?

peteyturbo
08-27-2006, 08:25 PM
It's my sister's car. I am doing work on it to get it in better all around condition.. We all know how girls take care of they're cars. Anyway, one of her fog lights burned out so I thought I'd get some yellow bulbs for actual fog..I don't want to go through the hassle of ordering, just need to go somewhere tommorow and pick some up. I am doing this work in return for her legal help she is giving me with my court case since she is also my lawyer. She now has 3 or 4 friends looking to have they're vehicles done as well for over 100 a peice this week.
So don't think I hate subarus. I made her buy the WRX no less then a month after they started selling, and I told her to learn to drive stick as well. I am surprised the car is in great mechanical condition for 89,000 but the paint has seen better days, but looks 100x better now. Just need to buff the crap out of the headlights, they look like total crap..When did you get a WRX?

the mike
10-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Don't know if you got this sorted out, but here's what I found out:

If you do one, don't do the other. The yellow fogs have the blue tinted stripes that turn green if you project them through a yellow film.

I got my film from www.stickercity.com and the fog light bulbs from www.autobarn.com. They were PIAA bulbs.

vDevilu
10-16-2006, 10:48 AM
http://www.rallylights.com Good place to get your lighting needs.

Honest_Bob
10-16-2006, 11:34 AM
Good info! Buster's setup was lookin sexy on the way to Chillis after the fall run. :cool:

2slowMX5
10-17-2006, 11:12 PM
I use lamin-x personally. In addition to making the light yellow like you want, they also protect the lens from getting chipped or cracked.