PDA

View Full Version : HUGE Powder Coating SALE!!!

boneheadperformance
08-25-2006, 01:05 PM
END OF THE SUMMER POWDER COATING SALE

Heres your chance to save on our powder coating services.

20% OFF advertised prices on our powder coating price list. This sale will run NOW until the end of September.

Save big!!!

www.boneheadperformance.com
215-295-4350

Must mention ad to receive discount.

TROLL
08-25-2006, 01:17 PM
well now isnt that good timing... i'll be in touch next week :)

boneheadperformance
08-25-2006, 01:20 PM
No rush Bryan. I am running the sale until the last day of September.

Gaze
08-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Nice deal... What would the time frame be for having a 4g64 valve cover done? I have a week off in September but really can't do without the cover unless i can track down another one at a yard.

Renegade_
08-25-2006, 01:30 PM
so 208 bucks to get 4 17" rims powdercoated? Not bad, I'll check you guys out when it comes time.

boneheadperformance
08-25-2006, 01:33 PM
Nice deal... What would the time frame be for having a 4g64 valve cover done? I have a week off in September but really can't do without the cover unless i can track down another one at a yard.

Downtime all depends on how much work is sitting here when you are ready to do your cover. One day I could be slow the next could be swamped. I try to get most valve covers done and out within 1-2 days but time may vary depending on workload.

boneheadperformance
08-25-2006, 01:35 PM
so 208 bucks to get 4 17" rims powdercoated? Not bad, I'll check you guys out when it comes time.

Yep $208 for 17" wheels powder coated in a 1 color. The only 2 step colors are the chrome smoke (gunmetal) and candy/translucent/anodized colors

D Money
08-25-2006, 01:36 PM
Do you have an idea what it would cost to get wrx intercooler pipes done glossy black? They are about 6ft.

boneheadperformance
08-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Do you have an idea what it would cost to get wrx intercooler pipes done glossy black? They are about 6ft.

IC piping is normally $1 per inch. 6 ft= $72 - 20%= $57.60. To measure the piping, take a string and measure around the bends and hold it up to a tape measure. This will give you an acurate measurement.

D Money
08-25-2006, 01:42 PM
IC piping is normally $1 per inch. 6 ft= $72 - 20%= $57.60. To measure the piping, take a string and measure around the bends and hold it up to a tape measure. This will give you an acurate measurement.
Wow, that's not bad at all! I am going to go to the body shop today and see if he will let me take my piping off. lol

Can you guys polish fmic cores? I already had mine done but I want it touched up. Just wondering if you guys did that or not.

boneheadperformance
08-25-2006, 01:56 PM
Wow, that's not bad at all! I am going to go to the body shop today and see if he will let me take my piping off. lol

Can you guys polish fmic cores? I already had mine done but I want it touched up. Just wondering if you guys did that or not.

Sorry no polishing done here.

boneheadperformance
09-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Bump for the sale

Mr. SUAVE
09-01-2006, 11:39 PM
good deal! Now I have to look for evo 7 valve cover! someone buy my injectors please.........

AMF Racing
09-03-2006, 01:55 AM
hey man i got a question......my fiance has some 17'' cobra rims on her stang. there is some curb rash on a few of them, can i just take a sander and sand it down smooth before i bring them to get coated? or do you have the tools to do it?

StealthTC
09-03-2006, 02:11 AM
I am going to be dropping off a set of wheels off next week than, PM me I saw a certain color I wanted, just wanted to find out what is it exactly. Looks like a black chrome color.

boneheadperformance
09-03-2006, 07:35 PM
hey man i got a question......my fiance has some 17'' cobra rims on her stang. there is some curb rash on a few of them, can i just take a sander and sand it down smooth before i bring them to get coated? or do you have the tools to do it?

Yes you can take a sander to smooth them out some. 9 times out of 10 if the wheels are powder coated it is just the powder coat that is scuffed up and once they are stripped the metal is perfect under the coating. To be on the safe side though you can take a light sander to smooth out the rough edges before bringing them in.

boneheadperformance
09-03-2006, 07:43 PM
I am going to be dropping off a set of wheels off next week than, PM me I saw a certain color I wanted, just wanted to find out what is it exactly. Looks like a black chrome color.

I have PMed you

yellow2000S/R
09-03-2006, 11:04 PM
Are you capable of Powder Coating plastic?

What would be a total price of the following all coated in the closest coating to chrome:

4cyl Valve Cover
4cyl Shorty Header
2.5 ft long 3" round intake
3.5 ft long oval (about 1.25" wide and 3/4" thick) strut bar

And for the future:
All 4 lowering springs (got some overspray on the tops of them paintin my car)
All 4 brake calipers (currently high temp painted but chipping some)

bcnick
09-04-2006, 06:22 PM
can you powdercoat brake calipers with the pistons still in them or do the caliper pistons need to be removed?

S4toSTI
09-04-2006, 06:24 PM
I don't think you can powder coat plastic.

boneheadperformance
09-04-2006, 10:07 PM
can you powdercoat brake calipers with the pistons still in them or do the caliper pistons need to be removed?

They have to be completely disassembled prior to coating. When bringing them in I just need the bare calipers/brackets.

boneheadperformance
09-04-2006, 10:08 PM
No plastic cannot be powder coated because it would melt in the oven.

boneheadperformance
09-04-2006, 10:14 PM
Are you capable of Powder Coating plastic?

What would be a total price of the following all coated in the closest coating to chrome:

4cyl Valve Cover
4cyl Shorty Header
2.5 ft long 3" round intake
3.5 ft long oval (about 1.25" wide and 3/4" thick) strut bar

And for the future:
All 4 lowering springs (got some overspray on the tops of them paintin my car)
All 4 brake calipers (currently high temp painted but chipping some)

PM sent

the mike
09-05-2006, 09:58 AM
I am looking to get my Nissan KA valve cover done in candy red. It says add for polished letters, but I just want mine "maksed" off, not polished. Same price increase? Also, does it need to be cleaned prior to dropping it off?

boneheadperformance
09-05-2006, 10:08 AM
I am looking to get my Nissan KA valve cover done in candy red. It says add for polished letters, but I just want mine "maksed" off, not polished. Same price increase? Also, does it need to be cleaned prior to dropping it off?

I always encourage to bring in cleaned items but it is not 100% necessary. If there is a lot of oil under the cover it would have to go in our parts washer first. We only turn it on 1-2 times per week to get our work load done because it really uses a lot of electric and it takes about 2 hrs to heat up. So the cleaner it is, you might get it back a bit sooner. As for the lettering, we do not tape off any letters. When we polish them we coat the entire cover and then shave off the tops of the powder coated letters. Taping off the letters leave a sharp edge against the letters because powder coat is thick. We can always coat the entire cover and you can sand the tops down if you wanted to save the extra money. Or we can with a sander instead of a polishing wheel so it will look "machined" instead of polished. That is the same cost.

day96
09-05-2006, 11:10 AM
Is there anyway to two tone wheels? say like black and white?

boneheadperformance
09-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Is there anyway to two tone wheels? say like black and white?

I would need a bit more details and also need to see the design. If you mean fade them, yes that can be done. If you wanted...lets say the face black and the inside of the spokes white, there is a lot involved and after you bake the first color you need to tape it off to spray the second color. In most cases this leaves tape lines on the first color. In both cases there is a lot of time and material involved.

SupraJDS
09-17-2006, 11:35 PM
How much would it cost to get 4 16inch rims powder coated gunmetal, valve cover in chrome smoke and alternator bracket?

boneheadperformance
09-18-2006, 09:19 AM
How much would it cost to get 4 16inch rims powder coated gunmetal, valve cover in chrome smoke and alternator bracket?

16" wheels are $60 each. Gunmetal requires a clear coat so there is a 50% charge ($30) for the clear. Alternator bracket figure $10 and the 50% charge for the clear coat if you want gunmetal. Total for the wheels and bracket in gunmetal would be $375-20% discount= $300. The sale is still valid until the last day of this month (September) Less than 2 weeks left.

CleanNeon98
09-18-2006, 10:35 AM
where are you located. I have some 17s that might need a makeover...do you paint as well? PM me your location

boneheadperformance
09-18-2006, 10:48 AM
where are you located. I have some 17s that might need a makeover...do you paint as well? PM me your location

Sorry we do not paint here, just powder coating. We are located at 63 North PA Ave (rear building), Morrisville PA 19067

If you take US Rt 1 North towards Trenton, it will split between Trenton and Morrisville. Stay left and go about 1/2 mile. Look for Napa auto parts on the left and turn in there. Our shop is directly behind Napa.

elmer1987
09-18-2006, 04:58 PM
whats the difference between powdercoating and painting?

wrx_snobordr
09-18-2006, 05:07 PM
How does it work if I only have one set of wheels? Is this something that can be done in a day or do i have to bring you wheels with the tire already off?

boneheadperformance
09-19-2006, 10:05 AM
whats the difference between powdercoating and painting?

In short...

Painting is a liquid spray. Powder coat is a dry powder which is positvely charged and adheres to a negatively charged item. Once it is coated it is placed in the oven for 20 min to be baked. Powder coat is much more durable and longer lasting than painted surfaces and is about 10 times thicker than ordinary paint.

boneheadperformance
09-19-2006, 10:07 AM
How does it work if I only have one set of wheels? Is this something that can be done in a day or do i have to bring you wheels with the tire already off?

No set of wheels can be stripped of the factory coating and then coated again in a different color in 1 day. This is a long process and usually takes a few days to a few weeks, depending on work load. Most people either find an extra set of wheels to drive on or leave their car on jack stands for a few days. Tires must be dismounted prior to bringing in the wheels.

boneheadperformance
09-25-2006, 02:39 PM
BUMP for the sale. Only a few days left!!!

D Money
09-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Pm sent.

ITSTOCK
09-27-2006, 04:16 PM
How much to powdercoat an atv frame, high gloss black? Also, do you do gusseting?

I also would like to get the nerf bars powdercoated black, as well as a couple of other parts (possibly the swing arm).

boneheadperformance
09-27-2006, 04:57 PM
ATV frames are usually $200-250 depending on the frame and color. Sorry no gusseting done here. Nerf bars can be anywhere from $40-$75 depending on the size. If you would like to stop by with some pieces I can give you a quote. We also have the color samples on the wall in the office if you wanted to check them out. Hope to do business with you soon.

Loserkidwac
09-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Damn i wish I would have seen this sooner, I may bring up my IC piping even if the sale ends...my question is, I used Aluminized steel and then I painted it to help prevent rusting, would I have to strip the paint or do you guys do the prep work? I also curious if you could spray the insides since i have started to get aome slight surface rust inside...

How well does the powdercoat work on exhaust manis? again i made my own but will the coat hold up to the extreme temps, same with my Down pipe?

Looks like I have to finish grinding down some welds so i can get some parts t you :mrgreen:

boneheadperformance
09-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Costs include all the prep work (except things like disassembling) I have done many exhaust manifolds, headers, o2 housings, downpipes etc. with high temp powder. It holds up pretty well but I always encourage using stainless bolts to prevent rusted bolts from growing on the powder coated item. Just give me a call when you are ready. 215-295-4350

CHAOS
09-27-2006, 10:37 PM
roughly how much to do a set of intercooler pipes? sti wrinkle red, hi temp preferably.

boneheadperformance
09-28-2006, 07:01 AM
roughly how much to do a set of intercooler pipes? sti wrinkle red, hi temp preferably.

$1 per inch for IC piping. If you get them to us before the end of the month you will save 20%.

SammyEvolved
10-31-2006, 01:10 AM
crap! -.- i'm a month behind, but will you still offer the deal!?

boneheadperformance
10-31-2006, 01:17 AM
I am sorry but this deal has expired. We are very reasonably priced for our services though. Check out our price sheet on our website at www.boneheadperformance.com