PDA

View Full Version : Overheating issue

MaxRPM
08-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Okay, i'm a domestic newbie, I'm just learning a little bit about 350 engine. I got a trunk, and recently the waterpump too a crap. So, I change it. Now thinking everthing is fine, it overheat. So, i figure it has to be the thermostat, so, i change that too....damn, still over heated..LOL

So, now i put a electric fan, NOW, have two fan Running. Clutch and eletric....Still the damn thing still over heat.

My Only guess now is there is AIR in the engine. I was told to drill a small hole in the thermostat housing on Chevelle forum....HELL NO, i'm gonna do that. Anyone here know the proper way to bleed this engine??? I was thinking to take the Temputure sensor off, and bleed it out.

Also, last question, how can i tell, if the clutch fan is working correctly or not? Does it suppose to spin freely??

dturbocivic
08-21-2006, 11:58 AM
i usually run the cars up to temp with the rad cap off.

the mike
08-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Let the truck cool down to the point where you can take the radiator cap off. Run the engine up to operating temperature with the radiator cap off, but make sure you have a container to catch the spillage that is going to come out of the radiator. You need to bleed any air out of the system. Once you're up to the temperature that the thermostat should open, it should allow air trapped in the system to bleed out through the radiator.

Good luck with it, let us know how it goes.

Cypher
09-07-2006, 12:45 AM
like stated its possible that theres air trapped in the system keeping the thermostat from opening. theres also the possiblity that the thermostat you received is messed up as well.

does the temperature steadily raise or does it jump up and down? if it'll raise to say... 200 then drop down to 160 then stay then jump back up a lil bit theres probably air in there.