PDA

View Full Version : tein

Spoolin92vr4
08-10-2006, 07:05 AM
for people who have the tein flex setup are u happy with it cause i haven't installed mine yet i am wondering what the outcome might be

Jourdan
08-10-2006, 06:52 PM
just install it already...get that junker back on the road...
Tein makes it, its gotta be good.:thumbup:

TROLL
08-11-2006, 03:16 AM
i got em, i like em. they arent for everyone but i wouldnt give mine up for anything. adjusting them (like any other adjustable suspension) is tedius, but all in all its a very nice setup IMO, and its nice that when it comes time for a rebuild you can get it done in the US and its $400 total, not $400 per corner.

Spoolin92vr4
08-11-2006, 07:43 AM
just install it already...get that junker back on the road...
Tein makes it, its gotta be good.:thumbup:

stop picking on me... i suck my car sucks and my job sucks even when i get it on the road i am not cruisin with you hahaha MOXLEY!!!!GYEAH

D Money
08-11-2006, 12:40 PM
I have them and I think they suck. lol

I have the new versions, 10kg and 8kg I think. To me the tein s-techs ride so much better but I like how low my car sits or I would swap them out. I actually might sell them for a pair of ZEAL's or Hks coilovers. Gotta stay jdm ballin. haha

TROLL
08-11-2006, 12:47 PM
the s techs ride better..... hahahaha. you really are a show car owner.
i think the question here is about performance...

D Money
08-11-2006, 01:13 PM
the s techs ride better..... hahahaha. you really are a show car owner.
i think the question here is about performance...
I know my tein flex's rip hard around turns but I am all about off-ramp touge and not those overpriced amateur autox events you try to enter. Yeah I am all about show but when it comes to that straight line I cannot wait to leave your little 16g hairdryer powered wrx left behind.

Slow_EJ8
08-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Haha the reason the S-Tech's ride so nice is because they are barely any stiffer then the stock springs. The S-Tech's are a lot like the entry level Eibach or Sprint kits, great at lowering your car but terrible at giving vastly improved handling.

moorefire
08-15-2006, 08:34 AM
I know my tein flex's rip hard around turns but I am all about off-ramp touge and not those overpriced amateur autox events you try to enter. Yeah I am all about show but when it comes to that straight line I cannot wait to leave your little 16g hairdryer powered wrx left behind.

hahahah off tamp touge....

anyway, I have flexes on mt s13. They're nice and soft if you ask me. They're good for the street and hardparking, but they're too soft for serious track use. I went with up-graded spring rates for drift, but if I was going to leave my car as a street car I would have left em alone.

The build quality is pretty good, way better than the H-series teins. My only major gripe is they don't go low enough

Raven18940
08-15-2006, 09:28 AM
Haha the reason the S-Tech's ride so nice is because they are barely any stiffer then the stock springs. The S-Tech's are a lot like the entry level Eibach or Sprint kits, great at lowering your car but terrible at giving vastly improved handling.
That's a matter of opinion, they work great on my saab. You're also confusing handling with road holding, "handling can not be quantified by a stop watch" -Jeremy Clarkson. I've got Eibach pro-kit springs with Bilstein HD dampers and they work great. Sure it's a bit soft for a nice, smooth race track, but in the real world of bumpy back roads and camber changes mid corner they absolutely fly and don't shatter my teeth when I hit a pothole.