PDA

View Full Version : Bad Ground?

TruPony
08-07-2006, 09:05 AM
I think I might have a faulty ground in my Mustang? When I put the car in park, my radio shuts off. When I put it in drive, it turns back on. I've been running through the car trying to find a bad ground. Anyone think that's the reason?

Intercooled T
08-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Where is the ground for the radio connected?

TruPony
08-07-2006, 09:40 AM
Right outside the firewall, but it doesn't seem to look bad. I do have 2 stock amps in the trunk, that I am wondering is causing the problem. Those I have yet to find the ground for. Need to find some other Mustang owns with the Mach system!

05OCsrt-4
08-07-2006, 07:32 PM
go through the wiring for your radio, not just the grounds but every wire

jackpriceisgod
08-09-2006, 03:07 AM
the ground for your radio is right outside your firewall?????

what? can I see a pic?

also, your amp grounds have nothing to do with your radio turning off. if your amp grounds out your radio would remain on but it wouldnt play music. unless its the signal cable grounding out. that could cause ur radio to turn on and off.

what happens with the car in neutral? when the car is off and in park, does the radio play?

96Stang
08-09-2006, 07:45 PM
every mustang is grounded terribly..lol..get a teh dirt racing grounding kit...pete will come to your house and custom fit one for you for a good price... +1 for advertising pete (teh dirt)...by the way..i do actually need one for my car
eric

wonner
08-09-2006, 07:52 PM
every mustang is grounded terribly..lol..get a teh dirt racing grounding kit...
+1111111

licensedtothrill
08-10-2006, 03:45 PM
I wire capped my system when i first switched the head unit, had the same issue at first but it was because the ground was coming loose in the cap. What are you using for the wireing? soulder, cap, tape.....

i pulled the factory headunit for a 7" pop up Lcd it killed the factory 6-9s by doing it but the base issue was fixed by the 12"in the trunk.
let me know how it turns out and ill let you know if i can think of anything to help